Time to be serious

Matthew 7:21 Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. 22: On judgment day many will tell me, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23: But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized.

What was your honest reaction to this?

When I read your post I saw that it was good.  What you say is what we need to be doing.  But it really is a question of how we do it.  I haven't read many of your posts, but they all seem to be scriptural, the ones I remember reading.

Its really not an issue of how much scripture we know but how we use it with Gods direction thats important.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 08:41 PM nomad said this in Post #7

This is a good post and you should read it with God's supervision and lead.

We must learn to walk in humility with one another.  Something I myself am trying to learn as well.  We can become spiritually arrogant and God doesn't like it.  We quickly loose focus of what our christianity is all about.  LOVE

You have mentioned the entire point of all the messages I post. FOCUS! We need to keep our Focus, as never before. We must not be side tracked or hijacked in out focus on what Jesus has for us to do.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 08:44 PM 7-5-7 said this in Post #8

The way I see it::

if.when armegeddon comes, there's nothing I can do anyway. So why should I care?

Well, as a non Christian, you are indeed correct. There is nothing you can do, and if you choose not to care that is indeed your business. Christ does not force Himself on anyone and He will not force Himself on you either. After checking your profile and posts, It is evident you know the plan of salvation. I would urge you to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and accept Jesus as your personal Saviour. If you have any questions as to how to do this please Pm me and I will be glad to prya for and with you and rejoice with you if you decide to accept this awesome free gift paid in full with the Blood of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 08:48 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #9

:scratch: Sorry Susan, I see nothing wrong with the way Gerry made his post. Most of us here saw the attacks that took place.

Thanks for remembering! There have been many attacks in many forums. But all that is the desire of satan to distract from the message God. I have no personal message to relay other than the message of Jesus, especially as outlined in the Book of John, where we find so many of His direct commands to us.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 08:54 PM SBfaithful said this in Post #10

There is something you can do. Repent and believe in God the Father and Jesus and you will be saved to live eternally with them.

Amen to this advice!

John 6:37: "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Romans 10:9: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Upvote 0

Kristen

Blah Blah
Dec 24, 2001
California
Visit site
✟6,488.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 08:58 AM Gerry said this in Post #1

Each day we enter into a time unparalleled in history. Each day we grow closer to the time when Jesus will call His saints Home.

For a long time I have been preaching that NOW is the time for Christians to get serious about their Faith and to be obedient and do the work Christ has called each of us to do.

Often I am attacked in posts for that and receive what amounts to hate mail for it. But I urge all Christians to STUDY the Word as never before and to take a stand for Jesus and to bear fruit. The season is short and the night is approaching. But even it it were not so, there is still no excuse to not be about the business of bearing fruit, studying the Word, and praying without ceasing, as Jesus has commanded us to do.

It is my prayer that all Christians will work as never before and will be mightily blessed in their labors, and that the Love of Christ will abound in Christian hearts and that we will learn to love one another as the Family of God is commanded to do.

It is encouraging to see others posting the same message in various places in the Forums, and calling for Bible studies. May God bless these efforts.

I will admit I have drifted off from the Lord, it seems in time of trouble I turn instead of seek. Reading your post Gerry has opened my eyes. You are so right. Thank you for the reminder, the wake up call. :)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 11:08 PM altya said this in Post #17

Very good reminder and thread - Yes I am also busy to study and pray like never before.

Amen Alta! I have found in these days there is a fast closing of "middle ground". The wheat is being seperated from the chaff and those who love jesus are coming together to take a stand. Praise God. I have found that the Sweet Hour of Prayer has become Sweeter and as Gaithers song says, "The longer I serve Him, the Sweeter He grows."

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Philipians 2:14 "Do all thngs without grumbleing and faultfinding and complainin [against God] and questioning and doubting [among yourselves].

Just go out and start getting people to know God. Just go nuts (not crazy nuts :p) and let God shine through us. People will see, but they won't always listen, but that comes down to them. God gave free will. He can't force anyone to make desicions (well, God CAN but He doesn't :))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 11:27 PM nomad said this in Post #21

What was your honest reaction to this?

When I read your post I saw that it was good.  What you say is what we need to be doing.  But it really is a question of how we do it.  I haven't read many of your posts, but they all seem to be scriptural, the ones I remember reading.

Its really not an issue of how much scripture we know but how we use it with Gods direction thats important.

Amen again! Wow! You have indeed said a mouthful. For it is indeed not what we know but what we do with what we know.

Luke 12:48: "But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

As Christians we have been given MUCH! And Christ requires much from us. I am forever urging people to read the Book of John as though they have never read it before. Jesus is very very clear in that Book just exactly what He does expect of us.

And indeed, as you have said, we must do all with the gentle leading of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 11:19 AM nomad said this in Post #4

Matthew 7:21 Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. 22: On judgment day many will tell me, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23: But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized.

Just confused here. What's that mean? Does it apply to christians or just people who know God?

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 02:07 PM Susan said this in Post #14

I say this because, in almost all of his posts, there is some remark about all the hate mail he's getting, all the people who persecute him, etc., and because he was in a dispute with a liberal a month or so ago (who, in that dispute, was basically shoved out of the Deeper Fellowship door as not Christian enough)

I'm sorry if I'm wrong and being too sensitive, but grandstanding and pride have no place in the conservative Christian life, and if it's going on, I want it to stop and the parties involved to sit down to a truce discussion or at least ignore each other.

I dont think you've seen all his posts yet but gerry doesn't complain about anything. Sure there are gripes but he forgives people a jillion times before they blink an eye. So to speak :)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 12:09 AM Kristen said this in Post #28

I will admit I have drifted off from the Lord, it seems in time of trouble I turn instead of seek. Reading your post Gerry has opened my eyes. You are so right. Thank you for the reminder, the wake up call. :)

Praise God, for it is He who opens all our eyes, and we are indeed grateful He loves us enough to do that rather than set us aside.

My heart is thrilled to see your reply, for you were among the very first to befriend me when I came to these forums and you blessed my socks off so many times. Thanks for all the kindness you have shown me and know that you are a greatly loved sister in Jesus!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Just confused here. What's that mean? Does it apply to christians or just people who know God?

Actually that's a really good question.  My own speculation is that it's possible to apply to both christians and non christians.

My point for posting it was that it really is essential we follow after Jesus and do what He wants us to do and not get side tracked or even caught up in His own word.  Does that make sense?  I think it's possible we become so scriptureally aware that we lose sight of the One who had it written.  Forgive my spelling

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 12:30 AM Badfish said this in Post #37

"Friends don't let friends die and go to hell "

Hey Gerry, hows it going? That is the greatest signature I've seen yet! :)

Amen to the signature. I learn so many things the "hard" way it seems. Not long ago I posted a story about a friend that was in the hospital. He was an old vet who was a gentle soul and well loved and admired by all who knew him.

Anyway he was in the hospital dying and I discovered he was in the hospital when visiting another one day. So I dropped into his room to see him and turns out I was the only one he knew for quite some time. Even his caretaker, whom he loved, he did not know. But he brightened up and spoke to me, and since the nurses came to minister to his needs I said, Bill, I will be back tonight and hang out with you, would that be ok?" WOW! He lit up and said yes, and it was my intent to go and share with him the Gospel of Christ, just to make sure he was ready, because I did not know for sure if he was or not.

I was to return at 10 but took a nap and did not awake till 12. Bill died at 10:30! It grieves me deeply to think Bill may not have been ready and because I took a nap....

Well, anyway, I am reminded of what Jesus said:

Mark 14:37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?

Now, I don't wait. I held my Mother's hand for days before she died. I had bothe hands on her when she took her last breath. What a blessing to know her death was so peacful because she was well ready to go. I am so grateful to know that, though she is absent from the body, she is present with the Lord, with my brother and my Dad, and one day I will join them there. I would sure like to see all my friends there as well.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 12:29 AM Kristen said this in Post #36

I missed you Gerry. :) It seems that the good Lord is truly blessing you, I pray to be in your shoes. God bless you my friend.

I have missed you too. And you are right. Jesus is very Sweet! And little One, you may be be sure that He is blessing you too. Could your avatar possibly be what I think it is? See how blessed you are!!! WOW!

Upvote 0