New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sophia you are wonderful I am sure but why do we need these time out posts ? Why can't the individual problems or discussions be done privately. If someone is flaming then why can't there be a system to quietly contact them and edit out the personal flames as needed through the current open reporting process.

I am a bit upset over these type of threads. They add to the general illusion that people need to be scolded publicly. They may need to be investigated publicly but public scolding in a generalized thread like this does not seem appropriate.

Is this part of the new system now ? Frankly I just do not know what the new system is.

Sun

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sophia you are wonderful I am sure but why do we need these time out posts ? Why can't the individual problems or discussions be done privately. If someone is flaming then why can't there be a system to quietly contact them and edit out the personal flames as needed through the current open reporting process.

I am a bit upset over these type of threads. They add to the general illusion that people need to be scolded publicly. They may need to be investigated publicly but public scolding in a generalized thread like this does not seem appropriate.

Is this part of the new system now ? Frankly I just do not know what the new system is.

Sun

I don't know about public scolding, but the new system does call for visibility. I, for one, am glad of it.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sun

This is not about one specific person or one report. The flaming issue is a widespread problem that I believe needs to be addressed in a general way. We need our members to help us. The mods can't do everything, especially since we have limited help here currently. Rather than being seen as a kind of police officer, I would rather encourage everyone to take responsibility for the peace of the forum. What we as staff have been counseled to do is to encourage our members to work out their problems in threads rather than reporting everything. Under the new system, we all need to work together. The old way of doing things is gone.

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is not about one specific person or one report. The flaming issue is a widespread problem that I believe needs to be addressed in a general way. We need our members to help us. The mods can't do everything, especially since we have limited help here currently. Rather than being seen as a kind of police officer, I would rather encourage everyone to take responsibility for the peace of the forum. What we as staff have been counseled to do is to encourage our members to work out their problems in threads rather than reporting everything. Under the new system, we all need to work together. The old way of doing things is gone.
What is wrong with police officers ?

I am kind of partial to them. LOL

I would think that pm's are the least legalistic and least antagonizing way of doing these things. They are quiet and less grandstanding.

As far as things being gone you are right they are gone but nothing is forever except God.

Be well always...

Sun

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You expect us to have self control? ...but, but, that is for yucky GROWN UPS!

Lisa

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sophia if we could carry on a civilizedconversation with people we wouldn't be talking online.;)

Serously I appreciatee what your trying to do here and how diffcult the new rules are. That was the whole point of my polling thread that we need act like adults and stop the insanity to bad it's not working.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums