Time Machine...where to?

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
early 7th century Arabia to witness the greatest man ever to walk the face of the earth. The man who preached a message from the Creator and who sought no worldly gains in return. The man who, by Allah's will, started a revolution that reformed the entire world from darkness into light. There is no other man who made such an impact on the world like the prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

Upvote 0

QustantinahQuaker

Nov 8, 2004
Connecticut USA
Visit site
✟7,943.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Others
*Egypt, 1956 to see Nasser's nationalization speech
*Algeria Nov 1st (my bday) 1954 to see the beginning of the War of Independence
*Algiers July 1st 1962 to see Algerians vote for freedom from Algeria
*Damascus 1860s to meet Abd al-Qadir
I can't think of anything else...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Topaz said:
Go back to Salem, Massachusetts, on the 31st of May, 1692 and try to stop those witch craft trials!!

A very romantic idea. Not sure whether it would work in practise though.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
The concept of time travel is truly fascinating. I for one would be interested in exploring the good old British empire. In my travels, I would stop over in places like Calcutta, Bombay, South Africa, Singapore and Hong Kong. Medieval Europe, especially ENgland, also fascinates me. a little stroll through a medieval village or town would surely be a delight. The American exploration of the Wild West also counts as one of my favourites.

Upvote 0

Im_a_theist

Dec 31, 2004
KNICKERBOCKERS
✟135.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would go back to june 27,1914 and kill the three members of Black Hand that preformed the Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Thus preventing the start of WWI, thus preventing the treaty of versailles being put on Germany, Thus preventing Hitler from having the ability to convince the German people for a regeime change, thus prevent WWII and the holocaust, thus preventing tentions between the U.S and the U.S.S.R and finally preventing the U.S.S.R from being destoryed due to them trying to compete with the U.S.A

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

QustantinahQuaker

Nov 8, 2004
Connecticut USA
Visit site
✟7,943.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Others
Im_a_theist said:
I would go back to june 27,1914 and kill the three members of Black Hand that preformed the Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Thus preventing the start of WWI, thus preventing the treaty of versailles being put on Germany, Thus preventing Hitler from having the ability to convince the German people for a regeime change, thus prevent WWII and the holocaust, thus preventing tentions between the U.S and the U.S.S.R and finally preventing the U.S.S.R from being destoryed due to them trying to compete with the U.S.A
What about the colonial world? They'd still be in bondage. There would be no Israel either...no independent India no liberated japan. The WWs were a good thing on the large scale because they led to the down fall of the repressive colonial regimes because such things could no longer be supported and the rights of man were realized as universal. Freedom isn't free as they say:p

Upvote 0

OttovonBismarck

Iron Chancellor
Apr 22, 2004
✟8,102.00
Faith
Lutheran
Im_a_theist said:
I'd just go back in time and make sure the Germans won WW1. Wouldn't everyone love to see The German War Machine[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]™[/font] dominate the globe? That'd be much cooler than something like universal freedom. At least, I think so...

Upvote 0

TheMagi

Jan 6, 2005
✟560.00
Faith
Protestant
Although I am a history major who plans to study history for the rest of my life, I have to say that I am pretty happy where I am.
Every single period I have ever studied has in the end impressed me by its barbarity, ignorance, poverty, cruelty, etc. etc.
Only today can I have the British National Helath Service, central heating, my CD player, a university education funded by the government, and practically unlimited books...
Not to mention complete religious toleration and an endless supply of bibles and commentaries.
Life is good!

Magi

Upvote 0