Time Machine prototype 2019?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: joinfree
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tenor.gif

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Very true. But the OP seemed amazed at entroy decreased in a local place.

But then I may be parsing it incorrectly.

It's possible to reduce entropy without increasing it in another (which violates 2nd law of thermodynamics) in certain conditions.

Second Law of Thermodynamics Violated

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-apparent-macroscopic-violation-law-thermodynamics.html

There was an actual experiment designed to investigate the matter using an entirely different process and it was successful. It was featured in Popular Mechanics but I can't find the article anymore (if I'm lucky, I'll find it in one of the many printed issues I have). As well as another theory which actually realized in a prototype cooling device that uses no energy. It was circulated in science websites a few years back but can't find those articles either.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Where is then their time travel?!

It's just an algorithm that restores artificially generated data back to its earlier state.

No actual time travel involved. It's like an automated forensics analysis, simply put.

Encrypted data comes to mind....If this thing works as intended, it should be able to decrypt encrypted data as well (possibly even without authorization keys) or even reverse engineer software!

A universal hacker tool, lol! The new wonder weapon in cyberwarfare! :D

• Informative
Reactions: joinfree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

That proves my understanding of the first article by the OP is correct! :D

I agree the first article is misleading in this manner. Click-bait style.

Never been a fan of click bait style of spreading information or knowledge, it can be misleading, dishonest which is bad to the soul. I still prefer more academic source of info over the web or just go visit the library.

I almost universally avoid click-bait themed titles of articles in the web. It will be good for you! If you want knowledge, go to the library!

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That proves my understanding of the first article by the OP is correct! :D

I agree the first article is misleading in this manner. Click-bait style.

Never been a fan of click bait style of spreading information or knowledge, it can be misleading, dishonest which is bad to the soul. I still prefer more academic source of info over the web or just go visit the library.

I almost universally avoid click-bait themed titles of articles in the web. It will be good for you! If you want knowledge, go to the library!
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.10057.pdf

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

This is potentially really really bad.

They are talking about changing quantum states literally and algorithm that can reverse that state to its earlier state (simulated or actual, it's all the same).

If quantum computers become commonplace in the future, it would be very easy to hack, break its security using this method.

Attaining privacy or security with quantum computers either be very difficult or very complex.

Upvote 0