Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You are certainly not going to convince me of your view when you present conflicting data. The "Duration" article you linked to opens by saying, "The Duration of Christ's ministry was 434 days, just like Daniel says." Yet, in post #53 you gave me a link to http://www.creationtoeternity.com/page12.html which shows the ministry being "490 days".

Both are correct. One is to his crucifixion and the other is to Pentecost.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Both are correct. One is to his crucifixion and the other is to Pentecost.
From the "Duration" article:
The Duration of Christ's ministry was 434 days, just like Daniel says.

Before we jump into proving the fulfillment of these 70 weeks by Christ, lets look at the length of the ministry, which I previously said was 434 days.

In study of Daniel and the 'weeks' prophecy, it has come to light that, indeed, Christ's flesh ministry was in fact a total of 434 days. It began at His baptism and ended on the second following Passover at the Crucifixion.

Pentecost (Acts 2, when the Holy Spirit was poured out) begins at sunset at the end of 7 weeks from passover. (49 days after Passover-see Lev 23: 5-16). It was immediately on Pentecost day, that Peter and John announced (Acts 3,4 and 5) to Judah that they had rejected their Messiah.
(This is just about all he says about Pentecost)
From the creationtoeternity.com article:
70 weeks are determined, 490 days exactly!

From the chart linked to in the above article:

70 Weeks are Determined - the period of Yahusha's Ministry

Also, in the same chart, he has the crucifixion occurring on the 436 day rather than the 434 day.

Another discrepancy:

The Duration article begins the 434 days on the first day of Sebat (the eleventh month).
Thus, it is exactly 434 days, or the 62 weeks as prophesied in Dan 9:26 from the first day of Sebat, to the second following Passover preparation day, Nisan 14.

But the creationtoeternity.com article begins the 490 days with the 19th day of Shevat.
The year the decree was given by Artaxerxes 457 BCE + 483 = 26 CE

then add 1 because there was no year 0, gives us 27 CE as the beginning of the ministry of Yahusha the Messiah when He was immersed by Yohanan on the 19th day of the 11th Hebrew month of Shevat.

All seems like number and days are being manipulated to reach a desired goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are specifically referring to Luke 3:1 and the 15th year of Tiberias Ceasar, I have seen studies supporting 26, 27, 28 & 29 as his 15th year. How can we know with certainty which is correct?

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you are specifically referring to Luke 3:1 and the 15th year of Tiberias Ceasar, I have seen studies supporting 26, 27, 28 & 29 as his 15th year. How can we know with certainty which is correct?
It is either 27 or 29, based upon this information. I admit that it could be one or the other, but it's not as though we're going to get closer to the actual date by going through some elaborate and highly speculative Biblical numerology. And it's not as though there are endless possibilities for determining the actual date.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is either 27 or 29, based upon this information. I admit that it could be one or the other, but it's not as though we're going to get closer to the actual date by going through some elaborate and highly speculative Biblical numerology. And it's not as though there are endless possibilities for determining the actual date.
OK. This is not quite the same as saying, "the New Testament which flatout identifies it as AD 27". Are you a proponent of a one year ministry of Messiah?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's true that I shouldn't have put it that way because the 29 thesis is equally possible. My point is that there are not innumerable possibilities, yet I'm reading the most Byzantine, mystical, and speculative approach to proving something that is narrowed down right before our eyes in Luke...and he cites information that any historian would agree with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's true that I shouldn't have put it that way because the 29 thesis is equally possible. My point is that I'm reading the most Byzantine, mystical, and speculative approach to proving something that is narrowed down right before our eyes in Luke, and he cites information that any historian would agree with.
Are you a proponent of a one year ministry of Messiah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums