Georgia
✟928,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
*EDIT* Reviewing other threads on this sub-forum suggests that you're importing posts from another thread in an effort to circumvent moderator actions that have closed your other thread. Your post has no relation with this thread, does it?

When a thread is closed for clean up -- it is almost never because the point of the thread or the subject of the thread is "evil" -- it is usually because the ad hominem nature of a few post is getting out of control and wayyy off topic.

As we probably all know by now - but a point worth remembering.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
. I remind you of the effort CF staff members have made in reminding members that your soteriology via the old covenant Law is against the rules.

No moderator has reminded members of anything regarding my "soteriology" nor have they ever stated that my soteriology is "against the rules" --

As we all know by now.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here we have another one of your posts that asserts we should abide by the commandments of God, synthesized with the soteriology Jesus affirmed as the central tenet of Judaism. This comes as a result of dissecting Scripture into sound bites devoid of its narrative depicting the dispensation and recipients contradictory commandments are quoted from. I remind you of the effort CF staff members have made in reminding members that your soteriology via the old covenant Law is against the rules.

However, it is your post that asserts Listed's dependency on "your own pro-sunday scholarship" - but you didn't quote his dependency on pro-Sunday scholarship. Please do so now, since your post depends on that prerequisite.

I remember now that you were asked months ago to show us what "pro-sunday scholarship" is/was. What is this "pro-Sunday" dependency, and why should others adopt their views in deference to Scripture?

*EDIT* Reviewing other threads on this sub-forum suggests that you're importing posts from another thread in an effort to circumvent moderator actions that have closed your other thread. Your post has no relation with this thread, does it?

The fact that the majority of your own pro-sunday scholarship affirms the Ten Commandments binding on all the saints to this very day - whereas it cannot be said that the majority of pro-Saturday scholarship affirms the idea that the Ten Commandments are abolished -- means that I have a objective, obvious point that is made by even the majority of the pro-sunday side of the debate.

Impossible to refute.

Impossible to ignore.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here we have another one of your posts that asserts we should abide by the commandments of God, synthesized with the soteriology Jesus affirmed as the central tenet of Judaism. This comes as a result of dissecting Scripture into sound bites devoid of its narrative depicting the dispensation and recipients contradictory commandments are quoted from. I remind you of the effort CF staff members have made in reminding members that your soteriology via the old covenant Law is against the rules.

However, it is your post that asserts Listed's dependency on "your own pro-sunday scholarship" - but you didn't quote his dependency on pro-Sunday scholarship. Please do so now, since your post depends on that prerequisite.

I remember now that you were asked months ago to show us what "pro-sunday scholarship" is/was. What is this "pro-Sunday" dependency, and why should others adopt their views in deference to Scripture?

The fact that the majority of your own pro-sunday scholarship affirms the Ten Commandments binding on all the saints to this very day - whereas it cannot be said that the majority of pro-Saturday scholarship affirms the idea that the Ten Commandments are abolished -- means that I have a objective, obvious point that is made by even the majority of the pro-sunday side of the debate.

Impossible to refute.

Impossible to ignore.

in Christ,

Bob
You didn't answer any of my questions - in this post or the previous since my last post.
  • You didn't document Listed's "your own pro-sunday scholarship".
  • You haven't defined what "pro-sunday scholarship" is/was.
  • You've given no reason why others should adopt their views in deference to Scripture.
  • You haven't responded to the question of relevance between your post and this thread.
It is doubtful that you can show relevance, and your inability to respond to this question affirms it. You pasted it from some other unrelated thread. Adding insult to injury, your own phrase "your own pro-sunday scholarship" appears once again in this post, and is addressed to me instead of Listed.

It is absurd to attribute "your own pro-sunday scholarship" to someone else when you can't document it nor even define it. I suspect this is the case for Listed. I know you've invented a straw-man fallacy when you address me with the same absurdity.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You didn't answer any of my questions - in this post or the previous since my last post.
  • You've given no reason why others should adopt their views in deference to Scripture.
  • You haven't responded to the question of relevance between your post and this thread.
It is doubtful that you can show relevance, and your inability to respond to this question affirms it. You pasted it from some other unrelated thread. Adding insult to injury, your own phrase "your own pro-sunday scholarship" appears once again in this post, and is addressed to me instead of Listed.

It is absurd to attribute "your own pro-sunday scholarship" to someone else when you can't document it nor even define it. I suspect this is the case for Listed. I know you've invented a straw-man fallacy when you address me with the same absurdity.

VictorC I wasn't aware you had some pro-Sunday scholars doing your bidding.

bugkiller

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I'm certain Listed told Bob he'd report him for saying it was his (Listed) pro-Sunday scholars one more time. Bet it why the change in wording.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews chapter 7

11. If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come--one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

12. For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

18. The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

19. (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No moderator has reminded members of anything regarding my "soteriology" nor have they ever stated that my soteriology is "against the rules" --

As we all know by now.

in Christ,

Bob
Your "soteriology" is fine as long as you don't try and force it on others. When you do it then becomes a problem.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews chapter 7

11. If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come--one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

12. For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

18. The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

19. (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.
Why did you leave out the other verses?
13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
VictorC I wasn't aware you had some pro-Sunday scholars doing your bidding.

bugkiller
Unlikely, since I don't even know what a 'pro-Sunday scholar' is, and I have already dismissed Sunday Sabbatarianism because it shares many of the faults Saturday Sabbatarianism has. Adherance to a sola Scriptura view of the Gospel displaces both for their retention of shadows that have passed in favor of the reality we have in Christ's redemption.

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Unlikely, since I don't even know what a 'pro-Sunday scholar' is, and I have already dismissed Sunday Sabbatarianism because it shares many of the faults Saturday Sabbatarianism has. Adherance to a sola Scriptura view of the Gospel displaces both for their retention of shadows that have passed in favor of the reality we have in Christ's redemption.
Then is BobRyan confessing something for you as yours?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Then is BobRyan confessing something for you as yours?

bugkiller
BobRyan was caught fabricating a straw-man fallacy which remains solely in his domain, and others don't share responsibility for his fabrications.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
BobRyan was caught fabricating a straw-man fallacy which remains solely in his domain, and others don't share responsibility for his fabrications.
He straw mans a lot..... including his "Sunday Keeping" and Pro-Sunday" sources equating them as things that they are not then either promoting them or attacking them. Let's face it I don't know any non Sabbath keeper posting in these threads that advocate "keeping" of Sunday in an equivalent fashion of keeping the Sabbath the two are just not the same as to make comparison. It requires forcing them to be the same by fabricating this idea of "pro-Sunday" and/or "Sunday Keepers".

Upvote 0