Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
And they'll change their tune when they realize how much money it costs them to not do business with the "undesirables". Money talks, and in this world, you'll find few people who care more about you than they do making money.

tenor.gif

This is so funny. The Right wing position on things like this is to fight "them" with the dollar. We just won't do business with you and hit you where it hurts; the wallet. Now they're essentially taking our position and saying "gotcha". Uhhh... Go you? See you when the bottom line isn't cutting it.

I'm Space Monkey, and I haven't taken the rushed injection still classified as being for emergency use. I won't be the target of the commercials 5 years from now (If you or a loved one were exposed to the Pfizer shot [or any other brand] you may be entitled to compensation...). In the last 3 days I have been to the water park, the zoo, and the fair. If you're afraid of me, you have the equal right to stay home.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This article has a good point. You can not force someone to take a shot...you can deny them access to the to the public. Transportation, restaurants, pools, you have the right to not get a vaccine, we have the right to say your not welcome. Why is it problems with vaccines, violent crime, prison, education, are always highest in the united states.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/vaccine-covidnomics-free-market/619620/

Maybe because the vaccine is still in trial, it causes heart problems in youth and children that are barely affected by the virus, and thus you cannot discriminate people if they chose not to take the vaccine.

And you can still spread the virus around a (even if the probability significantly decreases) and still pass it on to people who cannot vaccinate for medical reason, and other who are fully vaccinated as they still can get the virus and die from.

By the way, I hope every time you had a flu or a cold you self isolated, and didn't go to work or shopping as those illnesses kill the old and vulnerable. Because I know plenty of people who did. Even had a colleague who came to work coughing but because she had the jab it 'did not matter.'

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And they'll change their tune when they realize how much money it costs them to not do business with the "undesirables". Money talks, and in this world, you'll find few people who care more about you than they do making money.

tenor.gif

Ah, yes, Sam Elliott...that well known anti-vaxxer who backed Joe Biden... :rolleyes:

Also, as far as the economic impact is concerned, it should be pointed out that as of July 29th, CDC data shows that just over 49% of the country's entire population has been fully vaccinated. That number is certainly not likely to go down now that the Delta variant is running rampant in the country. So it is very speculative to assume that the unvaccinated will have such economic pull that they will force what will soon be the majority of the country to bend to their will, especially when that will involves allowing them to spread their deadly variants all over the place in the name of economic liberty, and especially especially when it is they (the unvaccinated) who are doing the majority of the dying from Covid, since it is undeniable that the unvaccinated end up with far more severe cases of Covid than the vaccinated do.

So your prediction doesn't make a lot of sense. A population that is declining due to self-selection (i.e., either finally getting vaccinated or dying while unvaccinated) is not somehow going to drive the entire nation's public health policy in such a way that they will sway it towards the more dangerous outcome. People around the country can see how things are going in places like Florida that have very laissez faire approaches to Covid, and basically all that's doing is making those places look worse, not like some kind of bastion of liberty.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

tenor.gif

This is so funny. The Right wing position on things like this is to fight "them" with the dollar. We just won't do business with you and hit you where it hurts; the wallet. Now they're essentially taking our position and saying "gotcha". Uhhh... Go you? See you when the bottom line isn't cutting it.

I'm Space Monkey, and I haven't taken the rushed injection still classified as being for emergency use. I won't be the target of the commercials 5 years from now (If you or a loved one were exposed to the Pfizer shot [or any other brand] you may be entitled to compensation...). In the last 3 days I have been to the water park, the zoo, and the fair. If you're afraid of me, you have the equal right to stay home.

This is a very un-Christian attitude. The Bible says to love our neighbor as yourself; it does not say I will do what I want, regardless of the consequences to others.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a very un-Christian attitude. The Bible says to love our neighbor as yourself; it does not say I will do what I want, regardless of the consequences to others.
Very unchristian. In fact this reminds me of revelations being restricted to the point of not being able to buy or sell without the mark. Being denied transportation and all the Op listed above seems to mimic thr mob ( not saying the vax is the mob but i feel its like a test run to see how willing society is and will usher it in) Also i dont like this divide between vaxxed and unvaxxed. Its unchrist like.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, I hope every time you had a flu or a cold you self isolated, and didn't go to work or shopping as those illnesses kill the old and vulnerable.

I know I do.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Very unchristian. In fact this reminds me of revelations being restricted to the point of not being able to buy or sell without the mark. Being denied transportation and all the Op listed above seems to mimic thr mob ( not saying the vax is the mob but i feel its like a test run to see how willing society is and will usher it in) Also i dont like this divide between vaxxed and unvaxxed. Its unchrist like.

Are you a disciple of Marjorie Taylor Greene? COVID-19 is deadly and it is the responsibility of people, especially Christians, to love our neighbors by protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and society at large by getting vaccinated. The divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated is perfectly Biblical: the sheep and the goats, the saved and the unsaved, etc.

It is ridiculous to not wear a simple piece of cloth and get vaccinated. COVID-19 is deadly and the more we can protect ourselves, our loved ones, and everyone else the better.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated is perfectly Biblical: the sheep and the goats, the saved and the unsaved, etc.

I hope you are not implying that the vaccinated Christians are sheep and the unvaccinated are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe because the vaccine is still in trial, it causes heart problems in youth and children that are barely affected by the virus, and thus you cannot discriminate people if they chose not to take the vaccine.

And you can still spread the virus around a (even if the probability significantly decreases) and still pass it on to people who cannot vaccinate for medical reason, and other who are fully vaccinated as they still can get the virus and die from.

By the way, I hope every time you had a flu or a cold you self isolated, and didn't go to work or shopping as those illnesses kill the old and vulnerable. Because I know plenty of people who did. Even had a colleague who came to work coughing but because she had the jab it 'did not matter.'

You know what there are several and yeah there are side effect about 2/10% have reactions...ever medication on the planet has a percentage of people that bad reactions.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you are not implying that the vaccinated Christians are sheep and the unvaccinated are not.

No, vaccinated Christians are people. Vaccinated Christians are those who do their best to remain healthy and alive; unvaccinated Christians apparently don't care if they live or die. Sheep follow and trust their shepherd, goats don't.

Psalm 23:1-4, "The Lord is my shepherd,
I lack nothing.
He takes me to lush pastures,
he leads me to refreshing water.
He restores my strength.
He leads me down the right paths
for the sake of his reputation.
Even when I must walk through the darkest valley,
I fear no danger,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff reassure me."

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

tenor.gif

• Well it works well in other countries. Of course in U.S. people buy food banned in other countries cause of health reason. Do not worry though this is the united states here mentally ill people are able to get there hands on guns easy and shoot children and its fine. Gun control works in Sweden, Australia, Japan and other countries despite America saying gun control does not work...note gun control not ban. The Untied States...steadily becoming the standing joke of civilized world.

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

hey guess what...that's what you SHOULD do, not go to work with the flu, don't show up it's called manners. 1 person out for a few days is better then half out with the flu. Problem is companies don't want to pay people to be sick, so will fire you if you don't come in with the flu.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
  • Well it works well in other countries. Of course in U.S. people buy food banned in other countries cause of health reason. Do not worry though this is the united states here mentally ill people are able to get there hands on guns easy and shoot children and its fine. Gun control works in Sweden, Australia, Japan and other countries despite America saying gun control does not work...note gun control not ban. The Untied States...steadily becoming the standing joke of civilized world.
It only works because in other countries because people cave into government and societal pressure. We're a different breed. Most people here aren't going to get the shot they're skeptical about just so they can go to a pool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This article has a good point. You can not force someone to take a shot...you can deny them access to the to the public. Transportation, restaurants, pools, you have the right to not get a vaccine, we have the right to say your not welcome. Why is it problems with vaccines, violent crime, prison, education, are always highest in the united states.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/vaccine-covidnomics-free-market/619620/
Money is exactly why business have started requiring vaccination for employees and may do so for customers. They know that more cases could cause another shutdown.

• Winner
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
COVID-19 is deadly
Yes, it has a lethality rate of 2%. Amazing.
In the last couple of months more than 30 people here in Germany died from thromboses and cerebral haemorrhages after getting vaccinated.

At this state getting the vaccination is like putting God to the test whether he protects us from the side effects. In my opinion it is more Christian-like behaviour to not test God but stay isolated as much as possible instead. You can protect yourself and the people around you without getting the vaccine (which isn't even a guaranteed protection).

To say that Christians have the duty to get vaccinated is impertinent.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the last couple of months more than 30 people here in Germany died from thromboses and cerebral haemorrhages after getting vaccinated.

At this state getting the vaccination is like putting God to the test whether he protects us from the side effects. In my opinion it is more Christian-like behaviour to not test God but stay isolated as much as possible instead. You can protect yourself and the people around you without getting the vaccine (which isn't even a guaranteed protection).

To say that Christians have the duty to get vaccinated is impertinent.

yeah, unless god made the vaccine then your mocking god and thumbing your nose at his protection, you see the whole god is on one side or the other is stupid.

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
613K U.S. Deaths 4.2M Death worldwide as of yesterday. That makes that 2% look a little bigger.
Yeah 30 and 1.13B are fully vaccinated there will always be a small number of people who vaccines...OR ANY MEDICATION...will have adverse effects. Its funny anti-vaxxers will point at the 30 people who had bad side effects and died out of a billion that nothing happened. If we listened to you guys (polio, smallpox, measles, three disease that combined has killed not hundreds, or thousands, or even millions, but billions of people over that last 1000 years and smallpox goes back several thousands years so we might be talking 10s of billions) three of the most deadly disease in the would would not be near extinct and smallpox is, in the 70s everyone got together to eradicate the biggest killer in human history buy itself billions have died in the last few thousand years. I look at anti-Vaxxers and I just shake my head. None of you conspiracy theory's ever hold up when respected scientist and doctors investigate.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Also, as far as the economic impact is concerned, it should be pointed out that as of July 29th, CDC data shows that just over 49% of the country's entire population has been fully vaccinated. That number is certainly not likely to go down now that the Delta variant is running rampant in the country.

Funny you should mention that...

Vaccinations are beginning to rise in some states where COVID-19 cases are soaring, White House officials said Thursday in a sign that the summer surge is getting the attention of vaccine-hesitant Americans as hospitals in the South are being overrun with patients.

Coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters that several states with the highest proportions of new infections have seen residents get vaccinated at higher rates than the nation as a whole. Officials cited Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri and Nevada as examples.

“The fourth surge is real, and the numbers are quite frightening at the moment,” Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said on a New Orleans radio show. Edwards, a Democrat, added: “There’s no doubt that we are going in the wrong direction, and we’re going there in a hurry.”
Vaccinations rise in some states with soaring infections

There's a big difference between being dumb and being crazy.

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0