Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Three in 10 Americans say the Supreme Court is "too conservative," up sharply from two years ago and now substantially more than call it "too liberal." Just under half say the court is about balanced ideologically in its decisions.

Thirty-one-percent call the court too conservative, compared with 19 percent in July 2005 -- a period in which Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito have joined the court, replacing William Rehnquist and Sandra Day O'Connor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PollVault/story?id=3425157&page=1

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wondered about the title. It seemed biased. Then I saw it came from the liberal media.

A better title would reflect what the majority of people believe about the problem of the Supreme Court... too liberal.

We will fix that... all in due time!

If you read the article, this claim that people believe the court is too liberal is false. It actually says most people (47%) think the Supreme Court is somewhat balanced with more people feeling that it is too conservative rather than too liberal. Only 18% (less than 2 in 10) felt that the court is too liberal. Further, this is a change since the last poll (in 1995) showed that over half of Americans believed the court was balanced (55%) and only 19% thought it was too conservative (compared to 22% that said it was too liberal).

Upvote 0

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The only ideology that the supreme court should hold to is that of the US Constitution. It shouldnt matter whether or not the courts are being "too liberal" or "too conservative", only that they are making constitutionally sound decisions.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only ideology that the supreme court should hold to is that of the US Constitution. It shouldnt matter whether or not the courts are being "too liberal" or "too conservative", only that they are making constitutionally sound decisions.

:thumbsup: AMEN,but there is no longer any support of this country's constitution evidenced by 'this' government! :cry: :cry: :sigh:

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
7 in 10 do not think they are too consevative:)

I wondered about the title. It seemed biased. Then I saw it came from the liberal media.

A better title would reflect what the majority of people believe about the problem of the Supreme Court... too liberal.

We will fix that... all in due time!

Way to read.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And how has the courts had any say in the Constitution?
They have not been asked to decide any case.

So the average American has not lost any rights, or the average American don't care that they have lost rights, as some seem to believe on this forum.
So one way, there is no loss.
The other way, the people don't deserve them.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by Billnew
So the average American has not lost any rights, or the average American don't care that they have lost rights, as some seem to believe on this forum.
So one way, there is no loss.
The other way, the people don't deserve them.

You hit that nail on the head! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

gengwall

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
MN
✟14,586.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The court has only one truly politically moderate justice now where it had two with O'Connor. So, before the balance, left to right, was 4-2-3. Now the balance is 4-1-4. So, my answer to the poll would be that it is more balanced than it was pre-Alito. Or, it is not "too" anything. I guess the best balance of all would be 3-3-3, but I don't see the likelyhodd of that anytime soon. On the other hand, with Stevens the next to go, and he being pretty liberal, the court can't really move left at all. A 3-2-4 balance would make it directly opposite of the pre-alito court.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums