tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a friend was asking me earlier if there was any ungodly aspects to Prom?
yes the event that high school seniors go to...

is there?
is there any sin?
if so why? explain yourself

I honestly don't see anything bad about it..
I know I could be wrong so that's why I would like your take on it

Last edited:

Zalu

Dec 13, 2010
Puyallup, WA
✟7,790.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There could be. Prom is perfect on paper, but in actuality, it's very different. Prom is always seen as the night you will get drunk/high and have sex (possibly for the first time), which is ungodly. The dancing, which isn't so much dancing anymore than it is just grinding (except for slow stuff), would be considered ungodly. It never fails that someone gets the bright idea to either try to or actually does spike the provided beverages - ungodly. While it can be a wholesome, God-friendly environment and night, society has gotten and will continue to get in front of that, to force people to bow to their standards. It's sort of mixed ground, but it's all about you, your school, and your city. Realistically, there will be drugs/alcohol consumed even if you don't hear about it.

Overall, is prom sinful or ungodly? No. The things people do at prom? Yes.

If you're wondering whether you'll offend God by going, you won't. Just don't get involved with the wrong things or people and you'll be fine.

1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)
"Do not be misled: 'Bad company corrupts good character.”

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Prom is fine as long as you keep yourself in limits of sanctity and Godliness. It can easily be enjoyed innocently. Just dont involve yourself in the very very typical traditions of that night.
That is the night many people choose to abandon their virginity, there is lots of drinking, possibly drugs, lots of sex. For many people it is a very special night of loving feelings and romance which is fine, you mix that with alchohol, drugs and a general lack of concern for Godliness and you end up with lots of young children having sex in private hotel rooms or in parties.

Prom is fine as long as you keep yourself away from the sinful actions of the rest of the teenagers.

Go, enjoy yourself, dance, maybe even get closer to someone you love. Guard your heart, mind and body from sin. When my daughters are old enough to go to Prom I will know who they are going with, where they are going to be and set a time for them to be home and I will also know the young man who takes my daughter to the Prom very well. Most of all they will have a childhood of loving raising and I pray they will have a reverance for Godliness and a Love for God that keeps them pure. So many females are brutally taken advantage of that night through either manipulation or rape.

I think most of all, I will devote my years to building a repor and love in her so that when some dumb young man tempts my daughter she will remember me and cherish my feelings and advise and wisdom far beyond those of her young friends. It is possible :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0