Thoughts On My Dating Requirments (partial list)

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I knew a woman once who had a severe burn down the side of her leg and it left a large scarred area. She had it covered over with rose tattoos. She said it was easier to deal with questions about the tattooed leg than people's reaction to the burned leg.

Most people get tattoos just because they want them, and not to cover something that can be disturbing. However, this goes to show, circumstances can make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I knew a woman once who had a severe burn down the side of her leg and it left a large scarred area. She had it covered over with rose tattoos. She said it was easier to deal with questions about the tattooed leg than people's reaction to the burned leg.

Most people get tattoos just because they want them, and not to cover something that can be disturbing. However, this goes to show, circumstances can make a huge difference.

I can understand that. Still, personally, I rather in that case see the scars of a human than ink. Each to their own I guess, but I am of that rare breed with centuries old thinking. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2018
Arizona
Visit site
✟10,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you should just stay single, and become celibate. Just a suggestion, because I have no idea what God's plan is for you in your life. However, in my opinion you are looking for perfection, and that can only be found in Christ. Good thing Christ wasn't looking for perfection in His disciples, ie. Paul . I think understanding, compassion, and love would take you a bit farther, coupled with prayer about who God wants you to be with; again just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe you should just stay single, and become celibate. Just a suggestion, because I have no idea what God's plan is for you in your life. However, in my opinion you are looking for perfection, and that can only be found in Christ. Good thing Christ wasn't looking for perfection in His disciples, ie. Paul . I think understanding, compassion, and love would take you a bit farther, coupled with prayer about who God wants you to be with; again just my opinion.

I do not believe I am looking for perfection. God knows I am not perfect. However, I know what I am attracted to. I know who I can get along with. I definitely do not want to be celibate but it may end up being forced on me.

I appreciate the opinions people offer in this.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
For humans with unconditional love, sure. Even I am not able to do that as I am not God and I have limits, and past pains and hurts, and such.
I do have a long list, and what I mentioned is partial some time ago. However, even I can not date a inappropriate content star who had too many men, and women, under her belt (no pun), or a woman who has a tattoo with the name of her dead fiancee on her chest (yea, try making love to that). For me in this form, a person's past, present, and future, along with anything artificial on them, are big factors to me. I can date a woman smaller than me easy. A bit bigger than I, sure. But you had one tat, weed in her hand, or three kids from three different guys, then I have to excuse myself for my sanity.

Upvote 0

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have no idea what real love can do to even the most important idea, because one can all of a sudden be struck by love, and at that point your ideas of what you want falls right outside the window. That's happened with alot of people.
Same time, would you throw something out if you hit it off at every other point?
I tell you what happened to me once. When I've first come to the Lord.

I've always been looking quite pretty, there's just been I've always been larger than others Not obese or fat just larger. As of now though I'm a plus size 18,but I'm heading back to the gym, once I have my imminent move to my new apartment done. I've had alot going on, and alot of bad times.
LOL and behind, no tattoos and just one ex who wasn't Christian, who took advantage of me lying about marriage when I was away from God
Anyway I met the guy who really didn't have his facial looks in order so he'd been rejected alot but he was a great guy so we agreed to meet. He ended up rejecting me because I wasn't model skinny. He told me he wanted someone where her hip bones stuck out. Literally. He had built up his dream about me before the meeting so he sat crying. Yes he knew what I look like it was just not enough. He ended up trying to persuade a mail order bride from Russia to marry him. I don't think she did. As there were problems. He turned out to be obsessed with sex. Always talking about it. If he'd continued with me I'd broke it off because of that because that's not godly and shows a carnal thinking. Not much God there. Make sure, you're not going in that way.
He's probably still single.
I've never had any problems if I'd wanted a non believer, but I'm not thinking or acting like them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also.. You can't put demands on love Think about it. Do God do that? You just accept the whole person. You do if it's real love. And settle for less . Leaves an empty heart and existence. What you need, is to fill yourself with God's love. To be really full of the spirit Continuously Then meet a prospective that way.

Upvote 0

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You know what God recently said to me. That anyone who doesn't accept me the way I am and are madly in love with me (like he is) wasn't worthy of being married to me .he said because everyone deserves that love and that's how he loves us .he said anyone that can't do that doesn't belong to me. Or you or any other.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ask me how I'm feeling
And care about the answer
Be a compassionate soul
I love you most
When I see you love others

Personally I love artistic tattoos, but to each their own. Sexual history, I don't really care about as long as it is history. Deal breakers for me are things like 'tv couch potato', 'doesn't have a job', 'resentful', 'workaholic'. I have issues with alcoholism so it's better for me to have a sober mate - I wouldn't match with a heavy drinking buddy, or I'd lose my sobriety one of the two.

Lot of deal breakers in your list, but where are the positive attributes? What makes your heart say "YES!" to a woman?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, would you categorise someone with health issues, who work, but needed to rest more than you at home after work and when off, a couch potato? Like if they were active when they could?

Probably not - I need a fair amount of rest and naps myself, I just *really* don't like TV and rarely watch it, like maybe once a month I'll scan around netflix for something? I don't want anyone who spends a significant amount of time glued to it (and I've had that before, I know it's not something I want again).

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He ended up trying to persuade a mail order bride from Russia to marry him. I don't think she did.

Turned down by a Russian mail order bride.

OUCH!

Most of those get over here to divorce you and bring other family or boyfriends over when they have citizenship. I've heard some pretty nasty stories of that going awry.

Upvote 0