Thorn in the flesh. (inhouse christian debate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just got this revelation, and I posted it in another thread just now. But I think its worth bringing up here. Here it is.

Paul was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger from satan.
People don't know what this thorn is, some believe it is his eyes that the thorn is related to.
But thats not true, because it says it right there, "a messenger from satan".

Paul never asked for a healing, in fact I don't recall any apostle asking for a healing for anyone. He asked that it would be "taken away", not healed.

In the list that Paul said he would glorify God in, "distresses,weaknesses, insults, persecutions, difficultys", sickness is not one of them.

People also point out infirmities, and think that it is talking about sickness. But in half of the versions I have, infirmities is listed in two of them. And if you look up the definition of infirmities, you will see that the main definition isn't sickness. It is "a state of being infirm, or feeble."
It is interesting to note, that the word "weaknesses" is substituted for infirmities, in the 2 different translations, confirming that Paul wasn't talking about sickness at all.

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey happy Birthday Sunstone!;)

images
:wave:

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
SUNSTONE said:
I just got this revelation, and I posted it in another thread just now. But I think its worth bringing up here. Here it is.

Paul was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger from satan.
People don't know what this thorn is, some believe it is his eyes that the thorn is related to.
But thats not true, because it says it right there, "a messenger from satan".

Paul never asked for a healing, in fact I don't recall any apostle asking for a healing for anyone. He asked that it would be "taken away", not healed.

In the list that Paul said he would glorify God in, "distresses,weaknesses, insults, persecutions, difficultys", sickness is not one of them.

People also point out infirmities, and think that it is talking about sickness. But in half of the versions I have, infirmities is listed in two of them. And if you look up the definition of infirmities, you will see that the main definition isn't sickness. It is "a state of being infirm, or feeble."
It is interesting to note, that the word "weaknesses" is substituted for infirmities, in the 2 different translations, confirming that Paul wasn't talking about sickness at all.

Here we go again......:D

just coming at this from any new angle you can think up .

WHERE IS THAT LIST OF HEALINGS FROM YOUR CHURCH.........??? :)

oH......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO:)

Do we need to bring up Timothy again?

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
SUNSTONE said:
Thx

First lets take care of this passage, then we can discuss Timothy.

I asked someone at church about any proof, and they said they didn't know of any. But then he preceeded to tell me about things he saw, and experienced.

Paul never said it wasnt his eyesight... you assume it is not when it most likely was.

He probably felt that he could have done much more for God with good vision.....

You havent yet proved that it wasnt his eyesight.....do that and a multitude of scholars will be shaking your hand....:)

Until you can prove it, then we are left with believing it was indeed his eyesight....

And it still doesnt not prove your "instant healing/name it and claim it" theology even IF Pauls thorn wasnt his eyesight.

this is nothing more than again trying to preach this doctrine of yours......and Ill be right here to toss every passage I can find in your face till you tire yet again of teaching this stuff.........

have a nice day :wave:

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
SUNSTONE said:
"A messenger from satan" thats what the bible says is the thorn in the flesh.

If you want to say it was his eyes, then you must prove so.

Nice try.....Paul listed little else that was wrong with him.

He mentions something not right with himself and shows conclusively that he had very poor eyes ......sorry, as far as the evidence goes, the burdens on you friend.....

now WHERE IS THAT LIST OF HEALINGS FROM YOUR CHURCH. ??? :wave:

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Follower of Christ said:
Nice try.....Paul listed little else that was wrong with him.

He mentions something not right with himself and shows conclusively that he had very poor eyes ......sorry, as far as the evidence goes, the burdens on you friend.....

now WHERE IS THAT LIST OF HEALINGS FROM YOUR CHURCH. ??? :wave:
No the burden is on you.
Verses???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
StevenL said:
It's plain what the thorn was... a messenger (aggelos, most places translated "angel") of Satan. Assigned specifically to Paul to "beat" him and make his life hard. There's really no reason to go beyond what is written. Eh?
Exactly! :amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.