This Sucks

Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, from what I've seen on the internet; alot of people are either unaware or simply ignore the different denominations and meld Christianity into one group. So, if one Christian says something, it is apparently the opinion of every Christian.

That is my key point, that people use to make a single group of all of us who say that Jesus is the Lord. Our task is to helpthem to know the truth of the Mistical body of Christ , the Only Church he founded, the Catholic Church, and that we do not play end of times game. We are eager to see it but we do not know when it will happen and we do not do predictions.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I predict...um....:scratch: Super bowl Sunday... :p If the Steelers dont win. :holy:

Seriously, the signs are one thing, knowing a specific date and time just wont happen and no one will ever know ...

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL WA. That's great. If they do win no rapture, eh?
You'll be cheering for them now, wont you? :D
I guess depending ...
If i have a migraine - i will want raptured.^_^

Upvote 0

Augustin58

Apr 19, 2011
✟7,699.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Whilst the failed prediction may be funny to some, its very upsetting and disturbing to see many people mocking and bastardising not just Christianity but any religious belief due to the events of (or lack of, in this case) yesterday. I base this statement on the religion forums on the BBC website.

I don't understand why people keep trying to predict Jesus' return when the Bible says no-one will know. In fact, I think the whole of Matthew Chapter 24 is devoted to Jesus saying this.

Predictions like this only fuel the fire of atheism not to mention potentially destroying a person's faith. :sigh:

Oh, I wouldn't let my tail feathers get singed over this. It's not anything new. We've been in this war for a long time now. The fruits of the Enlightenment resulted in atheistic Marxism, and a whole bunch of stuff. It's just another battle in the same war mankind has been fighting since Adam and Eve.

We have all the tools we need to fight it, though. We just need to get up off our you-know-what's and start fighting back! The preferred small arms of our Lord's army is the Rosary. We all need to become an expert at its use. Pray it daily!

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Alonso_Castillo said:
This is not the first time that a so called prophet says that the end is comming, and all of them are practicing protestants.

Protestantism is a categorical term used to refer to a large group of disparate movements. It's a Harold Camping prediction, not a Protestant one.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are either Catholic [EO could be included] or you protest the Church and her doctrines.
Thats the root of protestant...protest.

SO if they are not Catholic, they are protestant...protesting what the Church teaches either materially or actually.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
WarriorAngel said:
You are either Catholic [EO could be included] or you protest the Church and her doctrines.
Thats the root of protestant...protest.

SO if they are not Catholic, they are protestant...protesting what the Church teaches either materially or actually.

EO could be included eh? That pretty much refutes your own post. "Protestant" refers to the groups which broke off from the Catholic Church during the Reformation. The reason why calling it a Protestant prediction is incorrect is because Protestant has too broad of a meaning to properly describe the situation.

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Protestantism is a categorical term used to refer to a large group of disparate movements. It's a Harold Camping prediction, not a Protestant one.

We can say that it is a protestant prediction, because as you said, the only thing common among protestant is that they are sectarians, there are no less than 30,000 groups only in USA. Pre-tribulationism and post-tribulationism are both protestant doctrines, no found in catholic teaching, and they specifically refer to dooms-day

It is common in protestant propaganda, either Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, to find pictures of natural disasters affecting people and big letters asking to people if they know if they are saved or not. The next step that many protestant ministers give is to set a date as the probable day of Doom. Many of them avoid to do it, but it is not uncommon among of them.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I predict...um....:scratch: Super bowl Sunday... :p If the Steelers dont win. :holy:

Seriously, the signs are one thing, knowing a specific date and time just wont happen and no one will ever know ...

Where do I send my check?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The rapture, unless it occurs immediately prior to the Second Coming, is a Protestant doctrine. It is too narrow to call dispensationalist rapture an exclusively Harold Camping belief.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
EO could be included eh? That pretty much refutes your own post. "Protestant" refers to the groups which broke off from the Catholic Church during the Reformation. The reason why calling it a Protestant prediction is incorrect is because Protestant has too broad of a meaning to properly describe the situation.
Technically - they are not Protestant - since they share Tradition - whereas Protestant dismisses Tradition.
They are actually still part of the Church [shhhhhhhhhhhh]
The schism was never an official act or proclamation.
The EO cannot excommunicate the West and the West didnt excommunicate the whole East.
We just dont want them to know. :p

Protestants are a broad group..any who are not united to the Church are protesting the Church and all her doctrines.

If they were with her, they wouldnt be against her. They protest the beliefs...and of course prophesy the modern doctrine of rapture.
Where do I send my check?

You have my address :p Make it big - full retirement and all that. You wont be needing it anymore. :p
But Steelers will win and then you are still doomed to hell on earth.;)

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have my address :p Make it big - full retirement and all that. You wont be needing it anymore. :p
But Steelers will win and then you are still doomed to hell on earth.;)

Ooops never mind. The rapture is now back on for Oct. I better wait or I might get left.

No refunds until Nov. now. ;)

Upvote 0

Furious Anger

May 20, 2011
✟7,641.00
Faith
Christian
This if funny to me, if I hear some predictions like that, I ask myself, if this person really a religious person is, because even Jesus said, that he does not know (only our father knows), when the world will end. He only told us the signs of time. So if a priest, preacher or whoever tells that the end of world will be 2012 or any other day, I really doubt, that he knows much about the bible or has ever read it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums