Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Whilst the failed prediction may be funny to some, its very upsetting and disturbing to see many people mocking and bastardising not just Christianity but any religious belief due to the events of (or lack of, in this case) yesterday. I base this statement on the religion forums on the BBC website.

I don't understand why people keep trying to predict Jesus' return when the Bible says no-one will know. In fact, I think the whole of Matthew Chapter 24 is devoted to Jesus saying this.

Predictions like this only fuel the fire of atheism not to mention potentially destroying a person's faith. :sigh:

Last edited:

Chi Rho

Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
On the other hand, if you want to adhere to a religion that isn't going to get mocked, then Christianity isn't it. Jesus assures us that if we really follow Christianity, we will be.

I guess so. "If the world hates you, remember it has hated me before you" and stuff.

Its just sad to see and to hear it from people.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Whilst the failed prediction may be funny to some, its very upsetting and disturbing to see many people mocking and bastardising not just Christianity but any religious belief due to the events of (or lack of, in this case) yesterday. I base this statement on the religion forums on the BBC website.

I don't understand why people keep trying to predict Jesus' return when the Bible says no-one will know. In fact, I think the whole of Matthew Chapter 24 is devoted to Jesus saying this.

Predictions like this only fuel the fire of atheism not to mention potentially destroying a person's faith. :sigh:

I mock this sort of thing in a public forum so ppl see it. {Athesist to name a few]
Its heretical and since we cannot fight it logically, for many followers are simple sheep being misled and many lost fortunes and jobs over this, showing them the ludicrousness and insanity of such claims obviously means the extremists are not agreed with....and the Bible is opposed to such claims.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I guess so. "If the world hates you, remember it has hated me before you" and stuff.

Its just sad to see and to hear it from people.

Rejoice in it, your reward is in Heaven for it and bless them for doing it, and pray for them to be converted.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
On the other hand, if you want to adhere to a religion that isn't going to get mocked, then Christianity isn't it. Jesus assures us that if we really follow Christianity, we will be.
the funny thing is, is that I never quite get used to being mocked. I always get so angry inside that I want the other person to suffer somehow:( and that's not good. (not suffer as in die or get physically hurt)

I also said somewhere yesterday that some people are having a field day and using this to attack Christianity as a whole. I hate it:sigh:

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I sometimes feel that way too Lady Bug. I do struggle when I see people mocking our faith. I've even had people do it to my face, not just over the internet, and I must say it left me stunned. I don't know how I controlled my anger.
yeah I think the only thing that does is, the fact that I may not like another religion, and I get the urge to talk badly against it, so the only mitigating factor for me controlling my anger is that I wouldn't want to do the same thing to another person. but it's really hard.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I sometimes feel that way too Lady Bug. I do struggle when I see people mocking our faith. I've even had people do it to my face, not just over the internet, and I must say it left me stunned. I don't know how I controlled my anger.

Make it clear to them that Catholics who were here first - obtain the same ideas as they did in the first century. Not as the many sects who broke off.

Even though no one knows the time and date - Jesus told us in Matthew - He also left us signs and the blind will not see it and so like a thief their time will be up and they wont have time to change - it will be a done deal.

Pray for them if you see what they say and if you like you can share with me the place you go. But dont be disheartened. Look up - and rejoice... God rewards the ones who defend Him even if they are hated...even unto death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the funny thing is, is that I never quite get used to being mocked. I always get so angry inside that I want the other person to suffer somehow:( and that's not good. (not suffer as in die or get physically hurt)

I also said somewhere yesterday that some people are having a field day and using this to attack Christianity as a whole. I hate it:sigh:

Most of the time when we become angry due to mocking, it is because we are sinfully prideful. We should avoid this, though it is incredibly difficult to do. A little righteous indignation, borne from a love of God and a hatred of that evil spirit which deigns to mock Him, however, is not so bad. There is a large difference, though.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Chi Rho...
My friends and family mock Christianity....especially Catholicism. My own dad told me I was insane and obsessed. My uncle the same and my cousin near the same thing. People will mock us. My best friend got annoyed with me for praying for Stephen Hawking. Its just what it is.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I think at the "New Atheist" leaders like Dawkins and Harris have ordered their flock to be more aggressive towards religion after 911. So we are all paying for what is probably a backlash against religiously motivated extremism and terrorism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I think it is necesary for catholics to make stronger differenciations between protestants and catholics, because this kind of predictions always come from protestant comunities, they are so void that that is the best thing they can do to keep faithful people in the church. besides the preach of the health. wealth and prosperity.

Catholics should be more contestative from my point of view, no so silent when people sais that this was a christian prediction, and we should say that that was a protestant prediction, that we the real christians do not play with that issue as they use to do it.

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Chi Rho...
My friends and family mock Christianity....especially Catholicism. My own dad told me I was insane and obsessed. My uncle the same and my cousin near the same thing. People will mock us. My best friend got annoyed with me for praying for Stephen Hawking. Its just what it is.

I'm really sorry to hear thats the case. I'm sure I'd find that very difficult indeed. :(

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think it is necesary for catholics to make stronger differenciations between protestants and catholics, because this kind of predictions always come from protestant comunities, they are so void that that is the best thing they can do to keep faithful people in the church. besides the preach of the health. wealth and prosperity.

Catholics should be more contestative from my point of view, no so silent when people sais that this was a christian prediction, and we should say that that was a protestant prediction, that we the real christians do not play with that issue as they use to do it.

Sadly, from what I've seen on the internet; alot of people are either unaware or simply ignore the different denominations and meld Christianity into one group. So, if one Christian says something, it is apparently the opinion of every Christian.

Upvote 0