United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who is it God says is truly, ‘lost’?

Already, within that question, is three differing subjects the lost can wrangle over each and every word, but God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ has given us the Spirit to both discuss and understand – lost are those whom have heard, but never received Him, those who received Him but became distracted and turned away from His love, mercy and grace,

For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed to Thessalonica

(2 Timothy 4:10)

While there is great speculation over the rest of that verse that mentions two individuals; “Crescens” and “Titus”, has not the Spirit of the Almighty raised a foundational understanding above all theological controversy? One that is again confirmed in the first epistle of John,

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

(1 John 2:15)

These are by no means deep truths which have gone unknown, but flatly among the first things the new convert is advised against. But isn’t it so, the rising love of this present world is surfacing all around us in every corner, offensively corrupting these for example,

• The Choice of Words
  • The Honor of Authority
  • The Love of One’s Country
  • The Vigilance of One’s Sport
  • The Singleness of the Entertainer’s Mind

The persuasion that the grace of God offers is to be cherished and nurtured. There is no doubt in my mind, God’s grace one day could have been found in all such occupations without being given and received as offensive!

The Giver magnificent, blesses accordingly as we have sown.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:15)​

The Lord Jesus is worthy to receive all praise, honor and glory!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am compelled that there is lax from a portion of the rank-and-file of instructors in Christ, content with that 'good foundation' to build, but if not careful, becomes a substitute for The Foundation.

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling

(1 Timothy 1:5,6)

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Already, within that question, is three differing subjects the lost can wrangle over each and every word, but God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ has given us the Spirit to both discuss and understand – lost are those whom have heard, but never received Him, those who received Him but became distracted and turned away from His love, mercy and grace,

For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed to Thessalonica

(2 Timothy 4:10)

While there is great speculation over the rest of that verse that mentions two individuals; “Crescens” and “Titus”, has not the Spirit of the Almighty raised a foundational understanding above all theological controversy? One that is again confirmed in the first epistle of John,

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

(1 John 2:15)

These are by no means deep truths which have gone unknown, but flatly among the first things the new convert is advised against. But isn’t it so, the rising love of this present world is surfacing all around us in every corner, offensively corrupting these for example,

• The Choice of Words
  • The Honor of Authority
  • The Love of One’s Country
  • The Vigilance of One’s Sport
  • The Singleness of the Entertainer’s Mind

The persuasion that the grace of God offers is to be cherished and nurtured. There is no doubt in my mind, God’s grace one day could have been found in all such occupations without being given and received as offensive!

The Giver magnificent, blesses accordingly as we have sown.

before answering your question can you cite the chapter and verse please ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'To them' (Jn 1:12), it is said we qualify.

But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to be children of God--to those believing in His name,

no mention of of God saying who is "truly" lost in this verse !

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to be children of God--to those believing in His name,
no mention of of God saying who is "truly" lost in this verse !
Which alternative access do you wish to choose, the ‘window’, the ignorance, the grafting, or the ‘speechless’ guest? You need not be speechless in defense while waiting for my details of whom is lost. Say on! Some are legitimate, some not. All must fall within the BOL inscription,

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

As for v-12, the grafted will have to fulfill that one too, making the negative side of “them”, lost.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which alternative access do you wish to choose, the ‘window’, the ignorance, the grafting, or the ‘speechless’ guest? You need not be speechless in defense while waiting for my details of whom is lost. Say on! Some are legitimate, some not. All must fall within the BOL inscription,

As for v-12, the grafted will have to fulfill that one too, making the negative side of “them”, lost.

my question was a simply one ... here is the verse you do not want to quote having added to it

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

the questions are then ..who is this son of perdition ? and why is his name not written in the book of life ? when was this book written ! seeing God said I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’ and add to this the scriptures also says This is good and acceptable before God our Savior,who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

so to ask your question more accurately ...who is lost ?

the one who never was ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
my question was a simply one ... here is the verse you do not want to quote having added to it

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

the questions are then ..who is this son of perdition ? and why is his name not written in the book of life ? when was this book written ! seeing God said I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’ and add to this the scriptures also says This is good and acceptable before God our Savior,who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

so to ask your question more accurately ...who is lost ?

the one who never was ...
Ah-yes, those old limits daunting hearts ever refuse to accept.

I look at that one a bit different, saying, to whom did the Son of God not die for? Or, to which antichrist is to be determined ‘un-approachable’ with the Gospel, and/or at what times are these all to be fulfilled, or, past fulfillment with some unspoken reservation of darkness? Of course He knows how to 'reserve', but, in other words, what are the limits at any stage of any sequence of events, the strength of sin’s atonement incapable to reach?

I would advise care here against those possibilities with the Father in heaven!

Reactions: honey badger
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Whoever comes to Him,He will never cast aside!
Oh, the many instances where the scriptures speak of His keeping, caring for the flock, it seems I have offset my own progress for far too long in not recognizing all what besets His blessing on that narrow path with Him.

Then again, as well, the task of deciphering the usual tribulations because we are His from those.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0