Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Except if the DOJ had interviewed police officers, not victims, you'd claim the cops were covering for themselves

So the DOJ interviewed victims, asked them the race of their attacker, and followed up on who was arrested

US Police arrest suspects fitting the profiles supplied to them by (surviving) victims, with zero statistically detectable bias one way or another
That particular study is addressing violent crimes.
I have not heard significant complaints about them pursuing murderers.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have missed my point...
Really?

Your actual point is "Defund US Police", right?

But pls do clarify your point: _________________________________________

Meanwhile, DOJ study says, Police arrest suspects fitting victim-described profiles, not their own biased racial profiles

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Your actual point is "Defund US Police", right?

But pls do clarify your point: _________________________________________

Meanwhile, DOJ study says, Police arrest suspects fitting victim-described profiles, not their own biased racial profiles

My point is this...

If we each went around shooting people, but I shot and killed people and you just shot and wounded people, then there would be a lot more people claiming you shot them than there would be saying I shot them. So you would appear to be the worse person.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My point is this...

If we each went around shooting people, but I shot and killed people and you just shot and wounded people, then there would be a lot more people claiming you shot them than there would be saying I shot them. So you would appear to be the worse person.
So, if there are no surviving witnesses, US Police immediately take liberty to start harassing and rounding up black Americans on a presumption of guilt?

If, as you say, there's no evidence, then there's no evidence Police are biasedly pursuing murderers.

But what evidence does exist, according to the DOJ, proves that Police pursue person fitting profiles supplied to them by victims & witnesses... to wit, verbal testimony evidence... not their own internal Demon-inspired evil capitalist imperialist Nazi slaving-owning Fascist misogynist bigoted intolerant white-privileged insensitive politically incorrect biased inequitous exploitative racism

(sorry for missing most of the appropriate adjectives, not easy to remember them all)

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, if there are no surviving witnesses, US Police immediately take liberty to start harassing and rounding up black Americans on a presumption of guilt?

If, as you say, there's no evidence, then there's no evidence Police are biasedly pursuing murderers.

But what evidence does exist, according to the DOJ, proves that Police pursue person fitting profiles supplied to them by victims & witnesses... to wit, verbal testimony evidence... not their own internal Demon-inspired evil capitalist imperialist Nazi slaving-owning Fascist misogynist bigoted intolerant white-privileged insensitive politically incorrect biased inequitous exploitative racism

(sorry for missing most of the appropriate adjectives, not easy to remember them all)

I'm not saying black people are more likely to be the murderers. I'm saying black people are more likely to be the victim of bias by police. For example, people of colour are disproportionately represented in the prison system.

White people make up 64% of the US population, yet only 39% of the prison population. Hispanic people make up 16% of the general population, and 19% of the prison population. But black people make up just 13% of the general population, yet a whopping 40% of the prison population. Are you suggesting that black people are somehow more criminally inclined, or (as is far more likely) black people are just more likely to be targeted by police, more likely to be found guilty and more likely to receive harsher sentences than white people who commit the same crime? (source)

Race_disparities_in_US_criminal_justice_system%2C_late_2010s.png

(Image source)

Upvote 0