✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[/color][/size][/font]

Sorry, that's not evolutionists. Evolution says nothing about what happens when you die. A persons metaphysical viewpoint is not determined by what scientific theories they accept.

I apologize, you are right, not all evolutionists believe that...only about 99%.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I AGREE 100% but nothing was ever said about "living to die". That's what you evolutionists do. You don't believe there is any more to life than being born and dying, then you cease to exist. THAT sounds like living to die if you ask me. Chrisitians believe that when you receive Christ you receive ETERNAL LIFE that doesn't sound like "living to die" to me. We also live our lives in light of ETERNAL LIFE. We make decisions based on it. We conduct our lives upon it. ETC. ETC. Sorry but that is not living to die but rather living to live.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

So your living your life by devoting it to what happens when you die and you somehow think that's living to live?

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's exactly what you did. The Lowly Tortoise never suggested that he was living for death...that was your misinterpretation or mistranslation.

Now if only that had anything to do with your lie that I made a "I know you are but what am I" post.

Do you understand the meaning of things before you post?

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I apologize, you are right, not all evolutionists believe that...only about 99%.

Is the only method of debate you know lying about those who disagree with you?

The majority of evolutionists are christians... and it's almost guaranteed that that a very small amount would fit your idea of what an evolutionist is.

Upvote 0

Nitron

HIKES CAN TAKE A WALK
Nov 30, 2006
The Island
✟9,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'd just like to clear something up.

"Evolutionist" is NOT the same as "someone who accepts evolution."

It's like referring to everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as Mormons.
What is the definition of an evolutionist then?

Personally I hate the term, but it's convenient.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now if only that had anything to do with your lie that I made a "I know you are but what am I" post.

Do you understand the meaning of things before you post?

I didn't know there was an exact meaning of "I know you are but what am I" post. I suppose it comes right out of the ToE manual you all seem to subscribe to.

BTW I don't lie. And as far as I'm concerned calling me a liar sounds very much like a "I know you are but what am I" sort of post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd just like to clear something up.

"Evolutionist" is NOT the same as "someone who accepts evolution."

It's like referring to everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as Mormons.

Whatever!
29.gif

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is the only method of debate you know lying about those who disagree with you?

The majority of evolutionists are christians... and it's almost guaranteed that that a very small amount would fit your idea of what an evolutionist is.

Is the only method of debate accusing everyone who disagrees with you liars?

I stand corrected 99% of those here on this forum.

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟17,422.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So was that a question you wanted ME to answer or did you just want to hear yourself talk?

By all means, go ahead.

I never said you didn't value your life. I was just answering someone who suggested CHRISTIANS were living to die and I was showing them that in reality comparing apples with apples it would be the non-believer who was doing that.

A little fairness, please. :)

1) Since I am a nonbeliever, you are in fact saying I don't value my life.

2) You showed nothing. You presented no chain of reasoning. You simply jumped to your conclusion. That isn't reasoning. That isn't fairness, either.

So present your reasoning. How does accepting a finite existence equate to "living to die", any more than accepting a finite pizza equates to "eating to be rid of it"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By all means, go ahead.

1) Since I am a nonbeliever, you are in fact saying I don't value my life.

2) You showed nothing. You presented no chain of reasoning. You simply jumped to your conclusion. That isn't reasoning. That isn't fairness, either.

So present your reasoning. How does accepting a finite existence equate to "living to die", any more than accepting a finite pizza equates to "eating to be rid of it"?

I suggest you ask Morcova for he brought it up.

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship

But that's not right either. The majority of people are religeous, and the majority of people accept evolution. I'd be surprised if 50% of evolutionists thought that there was nothing after death.

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟17,422.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I suggest you ask Morcova for he brought it up.

I'm referring to the following statement:

Inan3 said:
You don't believe there is any more to life than being born and dying, then you cease to exist. THAT sounds like living to die if you ask me.

Now I'm asking you to support that assertion with a chain of reasoning.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.