This is where this forum falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not address the things important to creationists,
we concentrate on REALITY and the REAL WORLD, they don't,
all of the evidence ever put forward by scientists is enough to sink creationism forever,
but will it? of course not, why? because this evidence is from the REAL WORLD,
creationists do not live in the REAL WORLD, they live in a world they have created in their heads,
a fantasy world only populated with things and facts that prove the bible,
that is the only way they can see things, every time someone gives them a REAL WORLD fact,
it is dismissed as not being important, because it conflicts with their bible.

The ONLY facts important to them are taken from the bible,
REALITY and the REAL WORLD are sidelined in their heads when it comes to their God,
during their every day lives they are quite happy with REALITY and the REAL WORLD,
but when they put on their religious hats, REALITY and REAL WORLD facts are thrown out of the window,
you may ask how they can do that, well it's all down to the upbringing, training and their need to believe.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
all of the evidence ever put forward by scientists is enough to sink creationism forever

Here ya go --- sink it with your science. I contend you can neither sink, nor uphold it with your science. Why? Your science has a flaw in it.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
If you feel that way perhaps you would be more comfortable in General Apologetics or another board altogether.

I have never seen you present or address facts, evidence, or science so from my point of view you are not much different than the creationists you rail against.

You do realize that bare assertions, strawmen, and emotional appeal are not sound arguments, right?

Why is it that you use the same tactics that creationists use?

Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been in a different forum really, what great arguments have been advanced by evolutionists?

Son, let me save you sometime and understand where I am coming from.

I met God.

You did not here me?

I met God, now until you can explain to me why that was not true, I will not lsten to you.

Have you ever tried meeting God, it will do wonders for you.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been in a different forum really, what great arguments have been advanced by evolutionists?

I met God.

You did not here me?

I met God, now until you can explain to me why that was not true, I will not lsten to you.

Don't call people "son" unless you know the difference between such difficult words as "here" and "hear".

You met god huh? Funny, the guy who murdered his g/f and cooked her remains claims to have met god too, same with andrea yates.

Reactions: Wiccan_Child
Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist

I met the tooth fairy. Now, until you explain to me why that was not true, I will not lsten[sic] to you.

Yeah, it didn't work out. The whole lack of evidence thing just got in the way of our relationship and, well... it was complicated.

Upvote 0

I met God.

You did not here me?

You give the impression that you are as thick as a plank,
how thick is that? about 99 cents short of a dollar in fact.
wether you are or not, I don't know, but that's how you come across.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
We do not address the things important to creationists,
we concentrate on REALITY and the REAL WORLD, they don't,
all of the evidence ever put forward by scientists is enough to sink creationism forever,
but will it? of course not, why? because this evidence is from the REAL WORLD,
creationists do not live in the REAL WORLD, they live in a world they have created in their heads,
a fantasy world only populated with things and facts that prove the bible,
that is the only way they can see things, every time someone gives them a REAL WORLD fact,
it is dismissed as not being important, because it conflicts with their bible.

The ONLY facts important to them are taken from the bible,
REALITY and the REAL WORLD are sidelined in their heads when it comes to their God,
during their every day lives they are quite happy with REALITY and the REAL WORLD,
but when they put on their religious hats, REALITY and REAL WORLD facts are thrown out of the window,
you may ask how they can do that, well it's all down to the upbringing, training and their need to believe.
I concur. Good post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bushido216

Aug 30, 2003
New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Here ya go --- sink it with your science. I contend you can neither sink, nor uphold it with your science. Why? Your science has a flaw in it.

The Bible doesn't speak about fluffy pink unicorns that are invisible to all forms of detection that frolic and play in our basements when we're not there.

Therefore, the Bible can neither prove nor disprove their existance.

Is the Bible flawed?

C WUT I DID THAR?

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I met the tooth fairy. Now, until you explain to me why that was not true, I will not lsten[sic] to you.
LOL...
Incidentally, "isten" means god in Hungarian. It's quite funny how speakout's typo looks like that ^_^

Eh, funny for me, anyway. *shrug*
Yeah, it didn't work out. The whole lack of evidence thing just got in the way of our relationship and, well... it was complicated.
God seems to hide surprisingly well when one tries to find him :p

Upvote 0

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unfortunately, striking where it will do some good (ie, trying to discredit innerancy) will get you banned anywhere except General Apologetics, and the only christians that really hang out there anyway are the ones like AV. Makes it kind of tough to address the real issues.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2004
✟11,699.00
Faith
Other Religion

I met God.

You did not here me?

That isn't my job. Your job is to show that you did, in fact, meet God. Until you do this, I have no reason to consider you anything but misguided and confused. You have provided me with no reason to accept your claim as truth. Until you do, I will not listen to you. See how easily that can be turned around?

Hey! Look! I can see a fairy hovering right behind you. But don't turn around! He'll disappear as soon as you do. He hates getting his picture taken and he doesn't like mirrors, either. Just trust me, he's there. I can even prove it to you! Remember that 20 dollars you found on the Subway last week? That was him. You recovered on schedule from your surgery last year because he was with you then, too. Then why did he cause a storm the day of your picnic, you ask? He was testing you, trying to earn your trust in him that everything will be all right. You should be grateful! You still had food on your plate that night, after all.

You don't believe me, do you?

Upvote 0

Nitron

HIKES CAN TAKE A WALK
Nov 30, 2006
The Island
✟9,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
God seems to hide surprisingly well when one tries to find him :p
You need to WELCOME HIM TO YOUR HEART!
Can't you just feel him?
Watching over your bed?
At night?

Also Speakout, the fact you have not replied to my PM after 2 weeks leads me to think you are dishonest.

And I have tried meeting God, to no success.
In fact, I have also tried meeting Allah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I met God.

You did not here me?

oh good. Then you can tell me what his eye color is? How long is his hair? Was he clothed or nude? if clothed, what type of clothing was it? if nude, was he well endowed? How tall was he, Was he large and muscular or thin and frail. What was his skin color?

you met him after all, so you should know. If you cant answer then you haven't met him, you only had a religious [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] that was self induced.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The ONLY facts important to them are taken from the bible, .....
More and more I'm coming to the conclusion that this simply is not true for Creationist. They say they take facts from the bible, but when you read what they say you find that's not really the case. Personally I think Creationist make up some of their wacky ideas as a means to fend off scientific knowledge. And they make up this stuff while at the same time claiming that they are covered by the umbrella of Biblical righteousness.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More and more I'm coming to the conclusion that this simply is not true for Creationist. They say they take facts from the bible, but when you read what they say you find that's not really the case. Personally I think Creationist make up some of their wacky ideas as a means to fend off scientific knowledge. And they make up this stuff while at the same time claiming that they are covered by the umbrella of Biblical righteousness.

I don't mind "making something up" when I'm asked a question that clearly isn't covered by the Scriptures. Like, "Where did the flood waters go?" I say that if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. Take my advice, dlamberth, and drop this line of ad hominem, as I'm impressed when a person can take the Scriptures and bring his or her answer around to a simple, "God did it." Even if he has to intelligently speculate.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind "making something up" when I'm asked a question that clearly isn't covered by the Scriptures. Like, "Where did the flood waters go?" I say that if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. Take my advice, dlamberth, and drop this line of ad hominem, as I'm impressed when a person can take the Scriptures and bring his or her answer around to a simple, "God did it." Even if he has to intelligently speculate.
Sorry, what your taking as ad hominem I'm truly meaning as an observation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.