This is what I wanna do on my land.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have enough land to build a cabin and hunt on. Plus it is surrounded by lots of government land. It is level and very secluded. I have over a quarter mile of lake frontage so It is a beautiful property :]
God blessed me greatly with this and I wanna build there soon. I have decided to do this instead of a cave because it will be much cheaper

Good dream! Myself and friends have always talked about doing something like this but well...never did. We even talked about building small homes on wheels and selling them. Being in the middle of no where....away from it all.....sounds very peaceful and serene. We just sold and bought a fairly big new home but I'd have no problem living in a small quarters. Thing about seclusion though, and it can be appealing but well...pros and cons....a long way from shops or good grocery stores....a long way from medical facilities as one is getting older and that's a big consideration. Away from municipal water and gosh I like just turning on a tap and not thinking about it. Your dream is a good one though as long as you know there's pros and cons.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Good dream! Myself and friends have always talked about doing something like this but well...never did. We even talked about building small homes on wheels and selling them. Being in the middle of no where....away from it all.....sounds very peaceful and serene. We just sold and bought a fairly big new home but I'd have no problem living in a small quarters. Thing about seclusion though, and it can be appealing but well...pros and cons....a long way from shops or good grocery stores....a long way from medical facilities as one is getting older and that's a big consideration. Away from municipal water and gosh I like just turning on a tap and not thinking about it. Your dream is a good one though as long as you know there's pros and cons.
You are correct and I was raised this way so I know the benefits and disadvantages as well. One good thing is that the meat store is always walking around in your yard and is always fresh. lol
I can also walk to the water and fish if I get tires of four legged critters.
One disadvantage is trying to raise a garden because of the deer. I will have to install a 8ft fence and run a small solar hotwire around it.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello guys, I am doing good. No cave yet lol. But I am hunting a lot lately and still preaching of course. :] God is good all the time :clap: I pray that you ladies are doing well?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, thanks. I am getting through some rough stuff, but I will be fine. Thanks for asking. I could use some prayers though! Ask for God's strength to fill me up to brimming! That should help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, thanks. I am getting through some rough stuff, but I will be fine. Thanks for asking. I could use some prayers though! Ask for God's strength to fill me up to brimming! That should help.
Lifting you up in Jesus name for spiritual, Physical and emotional healing.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep moving right along... though there are what feels like endless days of inactivity on my part, it IS my life. I don't have to hurry...I don't have to worry because GOD's timing is always perfect!
Amen and Amen. It is always right on time Sister :]

Upvote 0