This is what happens when bigotry dominates the main conservative media platform

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You may want to reconsider the idea of blacks being"subservient" to the left. That demeans the fact that they disagree with you in large numbers. Maybe they have strong convictions based on experience and evidence and are not actually blindly following the media. What makes you so confident that you are not subservient to the politics and media on the right?

You'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
It seems to me that the Dems might in fact want a race war. They have been grooming the black community for this for decades by encouraging anger in their ranks. Fortunately most are smarter than that. Of course they would have a better chance if the nation's police forces were weakened.
This is what happens when bigotry dominates the main conservative media platform

Only the conservatives would accuse the victims of America's longstanding racial problems as being the instigators - how long would "whites" have tolerated these injustices if the circumstances were reversed?

By 2050, visible minorities will constitute the voting majority in America and what we are now witnessing are the last attempts by "white" conservatives to retain the entitlements that they thought would last forever!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only the conservatives would accuse the victims of America's longstanding racial problems as being the instigators - how long would "whites" have tolerated these injustices if the circumstances were reversed?

White people are less inclined to take the law into their own hands and engage in destructive behavior.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I don't know. You could be right, but on the other hand this thread could be a good illustration of what happens when bigotry dominates. Some want to talk about the bigotry, and others want to change the subject.
I'm just sayin. . .

Frankly I'm fed up with all the talk/accusations of bigotry. Most people are reactionary. Best not to give them too much such subject matter to react to.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
White people are less inclined to take the law into their own hands and engage in destructive behavior.
It was the "white" colonists, otherwise known as the Founding Fathers, who decided to take the law into their own hands during the Revolutionary War despite the fact those same colonists were being treated far better by the British Crown than they as masters were treating their "black" slaves!

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is my take. I believe almost nothing I read and only half of what I see. If it is in a paper like the WAPO or the NYT or LAT I start by not believing it is based on any fact. An opinion piece is just that someones opinion and everyone has one. To know if this may be true go to the source and ask them. Many times tweets are mis-charecterized and while perception is fact to the one perceiving it may have little to do with what a person attempted to state. Which is why it is best to be engaged in conversation, ask questions, restate what you think you heard and get to the truth of what someone is attempting to say.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And of course you have no idea how racist, offensive and false that statement is.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you choose from "various solutions" you will likely choose the ones proposed by the most influential special interest voices, as my city and county has, with predictable results.

I have outlined my plan in detail on other threads. They should be well known by now, just as my complaint about the shopping carts is. ;)

You have to live here to understand the looney way this city is run. :confused:
This is no less vague than the complaints I was reading earlier.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is my take. I believe almost nothing I read and only half of what I see. If it is in a paper like the WAPO or the NYT or LAT I start by not believing it is based on any fact. An opinion piece is just that someones opinion and everyone has one. To know if this may be true go to the source and ask them. Many times tweets are mis-charecterized and while perception is fact to the one perceiving it may have little to do with what a person attempted to state. Which is why it is best to be engaged in conversation, ask questions, restate what you think you heard and get to the truth of what someone is attempting to say.
Your final sentence is actually pretty good. But the bolded part is practically the dictionary definition of "prejudice." Pre-judging. Making up one's mind in advance, before even reading it, that you don't believe a particular source.

This is what's wrong with so much political debate in America: often it's two sides yelling at each other, neither side the slightest bit interested in what the other side is saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The most ancient, and feeblest response. When you don't like the message, attack the messenger.
No, that's not a valid criticism in this case. The post I responded to, written by you, started off by justifying the man's opinion by characterizing his political orientation, his political experience, and his wisdom, etc. We were supposed to believe what he wrote because of those terms. The fact is that a closer looks shows them to be misleading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was the "white" colonists, otherwise known as the Founding Fathers, who decided to take the law into their own hands during the Revolutionary War despite the fact those same colonists were being treated far better by the British Crown than they as masters were treating their "black" slaves!

If the colonists hadn't revolted we'd all be speaking English now. :eek:

The north ended slavery soon after independence.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And of course you have no idea how racist, offensive and false that statement is.

Lots of things that are true are offensive to some.

"Ain't none ah yo' damn business", as the new saying goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your final sentence is actually pretty good. But the bolded part is practically the dictionary definition of "prejudice." Pre-judging. Making up one's mind in advance, before even reading it, that you don't believe a particular source.

This is what's wrong with so much political debate in America: often it's two sides yelling at each other, neither side the slightest bit interested in what the other side is saying.

I rely on the actions of the other party, not what they are saying. Actions don't lie. If someone is overweight they are probably eating too much, their 'reasoning' notwithstanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

0504-CORONAVIRUS_USA-MICHIGAN.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Bundy Standoff where white men aimed guns at Federal authorities after the white men were found to be grazing cattle on public lands (a form of theft)
HT_gerald_delemus_jef_160303_16x9_992.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bundy Standoff where white men aimed guns at Federal authorities after the white men were found to be grazing cattle on public lands (a form of theft)
HT_gerald_delemus_jef_160303_16x9_992.jpg
A victimless crime.

Upvote 0