This is scary. Pray for our Serbian brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We pray for the persecuted Christians in Serbia, as well as in other parts of the world, at every DL. It saddens my heart very much, but I feel like it's a wake-up call for us all. I believe we all need to be prepared for persecution (which could mean death). We could be in their shoes in our lifetime. Lord, have mercy.:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Kas

Veteran
Feb 8, 2004
I am moving to Latin America I hope in the near fu
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So we had nothing at all to do with liberating the Jews from the Nazis?

Kas - some of us are awake. Believe me.

LK

sadly not enough to right this wrong...I would fight with my christian brothers against american, british and albanian oppressors...I encourage others to do the same

kas

Upvote 0

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sadly not enough to right this wrong

But the quote you posted said that America had never intervened, which is patently false. Then you qualify by saying America hasn't intervened enough? What does that even mean?

Upvote 0

NyssaTheHobbit

Orthodox Christian (chrismation date 1/10/09)
May 24, 2006
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,617.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We pray for the persecuted Christians in Serbia, as well as in other parts of the world, at every DL. It saddens my heart very much, but I feel like it's a wake-up call for us all. I believe we all need to be prepared for persecution (which could mean death). We could be in their shoes in our lifetime. Lord, have mercy.:crosseo:

I can't help thinking the same thing after reading Eusebius' Church History. He described a church before each Persecution that sounded very familiar: comfortable, lax, bickering, rich. He says that each Persecution--though woe to the one through whom it came--was God's punishment on the Church. And when the Church repented, the Persecution ended.

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Hey GDE! My heart took a start when I saw your post here. I have missed you!

We also say these prayers for all persecuted. And I agree, it is totally possible that within America Orthodox and other more "conservative" Christians could very well become a persecuted group.

Upvote 0

Kas

Veteran
Feb 8, 2004
I am moving to Latin America I hope in the near fu
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But the quote you posted said that America had never intervened, which is patently false. Then you qualify by saying America hasn't intervened enough? What does that even mean?

I'm not sure what your reffering to...

kas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.