✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friends

I have a somewhat silent prayer request and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve been dealing with if for a year. When I’m around my very best friend and they hug me I feel very uncomfortable whenever they attempt to show normal affectionate actions I tense up and feel very strange. And I feel so bad for this because they are very loving and DONT get much love from their family so I want to be huggable but I cant my body physically stresses out and weird feelings occur I can’t believe I’m writing this. Please pray this feeling goes away. I feel so wrong , dirty , and guilty thank you all

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello Friends

I have a somewhat silent prayer request and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve been dealing with if for a year. When I’m around my very best friend and they hug me I feel very uncomfortable whenever they attempt to show normal affectionate actions I tense up and feel very strange. And I feel so bad for this because they are very loving and DONT get much love from their family so I want to be huggable but I cant my body physically stresses out and weird feelings occur I can’t believe I’m writing this. Please pray this feeling goes away. I feel so wrong , dirty , and guilty thank you all
Your reaction is not unusual. A lot of people are not "touchy-feely". That includes me. I'd be asking Lord Jesus to be your wisdom in this situation, so you don't offend your friend unnecessarily, but you are not stressed either. We'll pray for you as well.

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your reaction is not unusual. A lot of people are not "touchy-feely". That includes me. I'd be asking Lord Jesus to be your wisdom in this situation, so you don't offend your friend unnecessarily, but you are not stressed either. We'll pray for you as well.
THNK you so much for commenting and understanding. A lot of scarring stuff has happened in my life and I was hugged a lot by strangers during that time so I think that has psychological effects on me. Like my family I have no problem with but yet with my best friend I’m stand offish and The devil is messing with my head saying “ well why is it her that makes you feel that way” and I’m 100 percent straight so it’s not like that . This whole situation really sucks thank you very much for praying

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
THNK you so much for commenting and understanding. A lot of scarring stuff has happened in my life and I was hugged a lot by strangers during that time so I think that has psychological effects on me. Like my family I have no problem with but yet with my best friend I’m stand offish and The devil is messing with my head saying “ well why is it her that makes you feel that way” and I’m 100 percent straight so it’s not like that . This whole situation really sucks thank you very much for praying
Have you told her your issues? She may be a lot more understanding than you imagine.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I would just be honest with her... just tell her your uncomfortable with physically hugging, likely due to childhood trauma, and would appreciate her understanding in this aspect of your friendship.

It's no big deal. People who hug are just affectionate people but that affection extends to wanting those they care for to feel comfortable around them too... :)

I'm someone who hugs and it wouldn't bother me if one of my friends told me they were uncomfortable... I'd respect them enough to stop without question.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would just be honest with her... just tell her your uncomfortable with physically hugging, likely due to childhood trauma, and would appreciate her understanding in this aspect of your friendship.

It's no big deal. People who hug are just affectionate people but that affection extends to wanting those they care for to feel comfortable around them too... :)
Thank you so much, she is very understanding I think this is more of a me problem I actually told her and she said she completely understood but after a few months of her not hugging and stuff I felt so bad so I told her I was fine now it didn’t bother me . But it still does so I’ll have to tell her again right now it’s the guilt that the devil is putting on me like if you’re straight why does the hugging making you feel so physically strange but the thing is I don’t like it it would be different if I did. I know I sound crazy God bless you all for listening and giving me advice

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so much, she is very understanding I think this is more of a me problem I actually told her and she said she completely understood but after a few months of her not hugging and stuff I felt so bad so I told her I was fine now it didn’t bother me . But it still does so I’ll have to tell her again right now it’s the guilt that the devil is putting on me like if you’re straight why does the hugging making you feel so physically strange but the thing is I don’t like it it would be different if I did. I know I sound crazy God bless you all for listening and giving me advice

You don't sound crazy... you just sound like you have an inherent guilt complex that is unnecessary... you don't need to feel guilty for who you are and the way you feel. It would be a boring world if we were all clones of one another.

Respect yourself enough to be yourself... :) God made us to be individuals...

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friends

There's absolutely nothing for you to feel guilty about. It doesn't have anything to do with your character. This is something either psychological, like having claustrophobia or neurological. I'm not saying I think you have autism, but I've been on autism forums for years and I know there's many people who can't stand to even be touched, simply because they're wired differently. So I think all that's wrong with you is some kind of quirk that can probably be worked out.

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Until you sort things in your head, stay away from all the uncomfortable hugs for a while. Break stuff down and handle one at a time. Your past, your current thoughts, you being open with your friend about your ordeal, trying to protect your friendship in this mess ... you are handling so much at a time, in your mind. Take a break, take it slow and first things first. Keep praying and reading the word until things are sorted in your head. Take a short break in your relationships if you want to.

And any guilt that cripples you from moving forward in Christ is from devil. Godly sorrow leads to repentance and salvation. But worldly sorrow and guilt brings spiritual death.

You are in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Friends

You use " they" rather than he or she, can you be more specific?

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friends

Blessings in Christ Jesus. There will come a day, that you will look back at this, and chuckle. The further we walk upon this path, He increases as we decrease. He is One who Loves freely, and expresses Love openly, including hugs. As He increases, His Love smashes down the walls that we have constructed because of others. Give it time you will see.

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus. There will come a day, that you will look back at this, and chuckle. The further we walk upon this path, He increases as we decrease. He is One who Loves freely, and expresses Love openly, including hugs. As He increases, His Love smashes down the walls that we have constructed because of others. Give it time you will see.
Thank you so much for this message I really needed it I was actually stressing about it rigth now and I felt the need to check the forums and I saw ur comment thank you so much ❤️

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello Friends

I pray you will be given insight, wisdom, and guidance as to why you are feeling that way. I pray you will be free from those feelings.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Friends

I'll be praying for you, Natalie. May the Lord will reveal His healing presence to you in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums