Miami
✟18,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Lord Jesus, I'm afraid that to let you reign in my heart is something radically different than anything I have ever done or experienced before. I'm afraid that to be willing to let you reign, something has to change in me, which change I cannot seem to effect on my own."

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Lord Jesus, I'm afraid that to let you reign in my heart is something radically different than anything I have ever done or experienced before. I'm afraid that to be willing to let you reign, something has to change in me, which change I cannot seem to effect on my own."
That's right, it is a change you cannot effect on your own, but it is a great change :)

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You should put a warning on that before people read it because by reading it they are praying it also.
It's good for people to pray this way. Admitting fear of submission and inability to change is the kind of humility required to come before the holy God and accept the change which only He can effect in our lives.
It's like the prayer of the publican in the Gospel of Luke who could not so much as raise his eyes to Heaven, but smote on his breast and cried, " Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner."

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's good for people to pray this way. Admitting fear of submission and inability to change is the kind of humility required to come before the holy God and accept the change which only He can effect in our lives.
It's like the prayer of the publican in the Gospel of Luke who could not so much as raise his eyes to Heaven, but smote on his breast and cried, " Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner."
BTW Robert. Luke goes on to say that the man who prayed this way ( admitting his sin and asking for mercy from God) went back to his house justified (forgiven of his sins and accepted by God in Jesus Christ)
Luke 18:11-14
“The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. ‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ “But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ “I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By speaking to Jesus, you are acknowledging His presence, and then by saying you don't know if he can be trusted, you are saying he must be like Satan. The Lord Jesus is God manifested in the flesh to save "whosoever will come" to the Godhead through Him. So, it seems your problem is not thinking that Jesus is of deity and possibly like Satan ----a bad thing to think; which will get you nowhere in the mind of our Creator-God. Think about what you are saying, friend!

The Holy Bible is our God speaking to man, so pay attention to it and not man's reasonings (read and pray over John 3:16; John 14; etc.)!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 21, 2020
Halifax Regional Municipality
✟17,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Lord Jesus, I'm afraid that to let you reign in my heart is something radically different

Acts 7:33-37

33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground. 34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt. 35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush. 36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Acts 7:33-37
Authorized (King James) Version

Elias Dummer & Olivia Turco | This is Holy Ground (Studio Version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXq_P-jRd9I

Upvote 0