This is more for one of the pictures, but the article is good, too....

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
The conflict has spilled outside of schools, as well. Last September, First Christian Church in Katy hosted an all-ages drag bingo, an event that drew a swath of angry protestors; in the days and weeks that followed, the backlash continued in posts and messages online.

“I didn't even know humanity could hate as much as what I saw on all those social media posts,” said the Rev. Heather Tolleson. Her church has made waves in its community for what she said is their “intentionally open and affirming” congregation. They offer LGBTQ ministries and programs like Transparent Closet, which provide clothes and accessories for youth exploring their gender identity.

But some residents of Katy would rather see “gay things” like this stay within the Houston city limits, Tolleson said, and not in their suburban backyard. “So many of the comments were, 'not in Katy',” she said of the social media reaction to the event.

In another Texas neighborhood almost three hundred miles north, another all-ages drag event was met with conservative protestors and leftist counterprotesters, both groups armed and facing off outside the local distillery and grill.

I don't really see "hate" in this reaction. I see disgust; revulsion; a desire to protect children from exposure to toxic sexual abnormalities; and a strong, strong desire to simply make the insanity go away. The response, to me anyway, appears to be, "Go do whatever you want---but don't do it here. Take your weirdness someplace else." They're sick and tired of having this jammed down their throats.

Now, the picture, along with its caption---and my comment:

weirdness.jpg

Chrissy Honig helps her 15-year-old son, Oliver, pick out a pair of shoes on Dec. 8, 2022, at his home in Westfield, Ind. "I just hope that he's always confident enough to just be who he is," Chrissy said. "And even though he can't wear a sequined prom dress to school every day, that doesn't mean he can't express himself."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leaving aside for the moment the screamingly bizarre nature of what's going on in the photo, I merely want to point out that there are myriads of Woke Virus victims who would champion what the mother is doing there---but if somebody else chose to "express themselves" by wearing a crucifix, for example, or a Confederate flag emblem on their jacket, or a MAGA cap, or even a t-shirt saying something like, "PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals", they would go absolutely purple with apoplexy and offended outrage.

In other words, "It's okay if we express ourselves however we want----but by the blessed spirit of the Holy Martyr Saint Harvey Milk, don't YOU try it, or you'll face the consequenses!"

actionsub
actionsub
Eh, in our denomination's region there's a drag queen who is a candidate for ordination! He appears in drag and calls themself (whatever pronoun is used, idk) Ms. Penny Cost.
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh for Pete’s sake! :rolleyes:
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I'm only judging by appearance, but it looks to me as if the kid may have some developmental problems. Be that as it may, his mother is certainly not helping him to prepare for life in the real world.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I'm only judging by appearance, but it looks to me as if the kid may have some developmental problems. Be that as it may, his mother is certainly not helping him to prepare for life in the real world.
It’s scary being a kid these days. I can’t imagine all this stuff being shoved down their throats all the time. And parents are way too eager to sacrifice their children in the name of their wokeness.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0