Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Source: CCC on TikTok

Dialogue:

Atheist: Earth is 6000 years old according to the bible. But science is proving its millions and billions of years old. And you still believe in God??

Christian: God created Adam on the 6th day, so if I say on the 7th day, Adam is 1 day old, technically it’s true right?

But according to Science he’s an adult.
How is he 1 day old and yet a full grown man?

Because God created him like that with an inbuilt age and the same with this whole universe.
TikTok is not a source.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Informative video thank you. The question about the fall because the Tree Wisdom was insightful in that instead of order it brought disorder because of our peanut brains. Just look around today. Peace

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christians do not need to be bothered with science and it's findings. The book of Genesis served its purpose in revealing truths about God and his purpose for creation and humanity. It was written in the style of ancient Semitic and Egyptian creation myths and even shares direct parallels with them. But Yahweh radically departs from Semitic and Egyptians gods and their purposes for creation and humankind. Their gods often had origin stories and were made up of the material universe or rather the material universe were made up of them. This is where fundamentalism and literalism is choking the beauty of Genesis and foolishly participating in contention with science which doesn't advance the Gospel at all. Look at what Answers In Genesis did, spent $100 million dollars on an ark attraction, but I wonder how many souls has it won to Christ since the day it opened til today 11:18/2023? Just seems wasteful spending of God's money that could have benefited the lost and needy.

Don't let science rattle you! Chill!

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is where fundamentalism and literalism is choking the beauty of Genesis and foolishly participating in contention with science which doesn't advance the Gospel at all.
In fact it more likely places an unnecessary burden on the Gospel because it places belief in the Gospel on the same level as literal belief in primitive cosmology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Source: CCC on TikTok

Dialogue:

Atheist: Earth is 6000 years old according to the bible. But science is proving its millions and billions of years old. And you still believe in God??

Christian: God created Adam on the 6th day, so if I say on the 7th day, Adam is 1 day old, technically it’s true right?

But according to Science he’s an adult.
How is he 1 day old and yet a full grown man?

Because God created him like that with an inbuilt age and the same with this whole universe.

This is just the Omphalos Argument.

It is deeply problematic, because it makes God out to be a liar.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was actually surprised at how rapidly YEC was crushed once I had begun reading Old Testament commentaries.

Ancient Near East context in Genesis is very well understood, or at least to the extent that it is clear that YECism is completely baseless.

In the end, the age of the earth debate really was just an issue of the churches ability, or lack thereof, to deal with modern western culture.

Why pastors are seemingly afraid to educate their congregations on ancient near east cosmology in Genesis is still something I don't quite understand.

Upvote 0