Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WHO in their right mind thinks it makes America BETTER to do away with the words, MOTHER and FATHER? I sure don't! The younger generation has very little respect for Mother & Father NOW, this is only going to make them have LESS respect.

I don't know about you, but it's against my conscience to go along with these kinds of things. A MOTHER should be called a MOTHER. A FATHER should be called FATHER. A HE should be called HE and a SHE a SHE.

Last week I had the opportunity to speak with a Transvestite. He's this big lumber-jack type of guy who decided one day that he should have been a woman. I first met him when he was married to a woman and was very much a man. The amazing part is that he's very interested in spiritual things and has even written a book on last day events. We've had some very interesting conversations. He considers himself a conservative Christian. He's actually an official in the local government here where I live. I like him as a person alot....but he's so confused. When I speak with him, I cannot bring myself to refer to him as female. That would be confirming a LIE, in my mind. He's a MALE and always will be a MALE....we've actually had a very good conversation about this and he so regrets ever going down this path...but now that the surgeries are all done...he thinks it's too late to turn around.

I feel so bad for these people....they are so confused and hurting so. And our DISGUSTING GOVERNMENT is only making it WORSE!
Biden admin. criticized for 'bias-free language,' scrapping 'mothers' for 'birthing people'

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is always willing to receive us or take us back into His arms. It is never to late until we die.
There is the unpardonable sin of grieving God's Spirit away. But we are not the Judge on whether or not that has happened or not.

Maybe something on this thread will be said that has not been said to him Narrow Way and if you see him again you can share it with him through prayer and he regain his Hope in God. Happy Sabbath friend.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
WHO in their right mind thinks it makes America BETTER to do away with the words, MOTHER and FATHER? I sure don't! The younger generation has very little respect for Mother & Father NOW, this is only going to make them have LESS respect.

I don't know about you, but it's against my conscience to go along with these kinds of things. A MOTHER should be called a MOTHER. A FATHER should be called FATHER. A HE should be called HE and a SHE a SHE.

Last week I had the opportunity to speak with a Transvestite. He's this big lumber-jack type of guy who decided one day that he should have been a woman. I first met him when he was married to a woman and was very much a man. The amazing part is that he's very interested in spiritual things and has even written a book on last day events. We've had some very interesting conversations. He considers himself a conservative Christian. He's actually an official in the local government here where I live. I like him as a person alot....but he's so confused. When I speak with him, I cannot bring myself to refer to him as female. That would be confirming a LIE, in my mind. He's a MALE and always will be a MALE....we've actually had a very good conversation about this and he so regrets ever going down this path...but now that the surgeries are all done...he thinks it's too late to turn around.

I feel so bad for these people....they are so confused and hurting so. And our DISGUSTING GOVERNMENT is only making it WORSE!
Biden admin. criticized for 'bias-free language,' scrapping 'mothers' for 'birthing people'

Hmm, I'm sure she was in no way influenced during your conversations by the fact that you make absolutely no attempt to hide your disgust for her choice..

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Start a thread due to outrage over using the wrong terms to refer to people then used the wrong terms to refer to people one paragraph latter. Righteo moving on.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot bring myself to refer to him as female. That would be confirming a LIE, in my mind.
And what about in her mind? Ignore it? Discount it because it does not agree with yours or mine?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm, I'm sure she was in no way influenced during your conversations by the fact that you make absolutely no attempt to hide your disgust for her choice..
Him not her. Genes are genes. No amount of manipulation changes that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is this the point where you spam ignorant inane things.

Please note the above is not really a question.
Charming.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The government did not create transgenderism. Transgender people would exist with or without the government using inclusive language.

People don't go through the considerable physical and emotional stress of coming out as transgender unless they have no other choice. You see it as a bad decision. She sees it as her identity.

Th government sees it as respectful. The terms mother and father won't go out of style in real life. We won't be celebrating people who give birth day next May.

There are many people who recognize the motherly characteristics of God, too. And since God is creator, that is "someone who gives birth." Jesus became man, but creator God is a spirit. Blessed Julian of Norwich, a mystic, first recognized God as mother in the 12th century.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The example in the article used "maternal" twice in the sentence quoted, and also referred to "women of color". I agree that the phrase "birthing people" is an odd one, but they certainly didn't remove references to women and mothers.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The government did not create transgenderism. Transgender people would exist with or without the government using inclusive language.

People don't go through the considerable physical and emotional stress of coming out as transgender unless they have no other choice. You s
The government did not create thievery (or what ever other state of sin you wish). Thieves would exist with or without the government using inclusive language.

People don't go through the considerable physical and emotional stress of coming out as thieves unless they have no other choice.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The government did not create thievery (or what ever other state of sin you wish). Thieves would exist with or without the government using inclusive language.

People don't go through the considerable physical and emotional stress of coming out as thieves unless they have no other choice.
An apt comparison, if being trans was defined by violating others property rights. Pity about that detail derailing the whole thing.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The example in the article used "maternal" twice in the sentence quoted, and also referred to "women of color". I agree that the phrase "birthing people" is an odd one, but they certainly didn't remove references to women and mothers.

More to the point, none of this ties back to the "Biden administration" as the article is trying to blame. Instead, it is language in a bill on the floor of the House, which may not pass and has nothing to do with the Biden administration. Further, it does not eliminate the word "mother" or any other gendered language, it is just the terms used in the body of the bill -- which as you noted frequently also states "maternal" (gendered language).

Oddest of all, the article (at least the quoted part) uses an Episcopalian school as it's final example, the one to end the article. It is odd the final complaint, about an article on the "Biden administration" gives the example of a Private Christian school, rather than any type of government agency.

This is fearmongering of the worst sort, that in no way supports the claims that "this administration is disgusting."

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An apt comparison, if being trans was defined by violating others property rights.
Sexual immorality causes harm to themselves and the whole, thereby violating the individual's ultimate property, their health.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Stealing is a behavior, not an identity. And generally not something people who want to avoid capture talk about openly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.