✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A couple of links and resources contra Dispensationalism:
So do all those, so called experts; override actual scriptural facts and the given time periods?
I do not call the great Plan of God for mankind; dispensation. I call it the only chance we all mortals have to prove our worth to God, to keep His Commandments and to do good works. When we stand before God on His Great White Throne, after the 7000 years is over, will our names be found in the Book of Life?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So do all those, so called experts; override actual scriptural facts and the given time periods?
I do not call the great Plan of God for mankind; dispensation. I call it the only chance we all mortals have to prove our worth to God, to keep His Commandments and to do good works. When we stand before God on His Great White Throne, after the 7000 years is over, will our names be found in the Book of Life?
So, does the pride of one individuals faulty interpretation override the faithful witness of the church and scripture?

Jesus Christ is real, repent! Love Him who saves to the uttermost.

Upvote 0

coronawatching

Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2020
West Palm Beach
✟65,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a lot to take in but here is the comprehensive answer, without telling you whether or not the idea is a fallacy:

The belief that the A/C will seat himself up in the "third temple" which the Jews might build in Jerusalem comes from the way many Christians understand these verses of scripture:

* Daniel 9:27;
* Matthew 24:15;
* 2 Thessalonians 2:4; and
* Revelation 11:1-2,

Here follows a very important fact regarding the temple spoken of in the New Testament verses in the above list that most Christians are unaware of-:

The Greek New Testament uses two words for "temple" when referring to the temple in Jerusalem, one of which (Greek: naos) refers to the holy place & most holy place of the temple in Jerusalem; and the other one (Greek: hieron) referring to the outer courts and buildings, and the entire temple precincts:

(Strong's Greek Dictionary's definitions of the two words):-

View attachment 290739

The word naos, referring to the holy place is used in the following verses, which all refer either to the holy place or most holy place of the temple in Jerusalem, or to the body of Christ, the church, and the temple of God in heaven:

View attachment 290740

An important fact that is missed is this:

View attachment 290741

Unlike the word naos, the word referring to the temple structure and precincts continues to be used in the Greek New Testament throughout, in all references to the temple in Jerusalem:

View attachment 290742

If we dig deeper into which "temple" is meant in Revelation 11:1-2, the following facts come to light:

A. Rev.11:2 links the outer court of the same temple spoken of in verse 1, to the holy city:

The holy city: Rev.21:2 & 10 and Rev.22:19 call new Jerusalem (the city in heaven), the holy city.

B. Sodom and Egypt: Rev.11:8 calls Jerusalem on earth "Sodom and Egypt",

So the first question arises:

Is it likely that Revelation chapter 11 will call Jerusalem which exists on earth both the holy city AND Sodom and Egypt?

C. Rev.11:2 links the outer court of the same temple spoken of in verse 1, to the holy city:

"And a reed like a rod was given to me. And the angel stood, saying, Rise up and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and those who worship in it. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it was given to the nations. And they will trample the holy city forty-two months." (Rev.11:1-2).

D. Very importantly, the Greek word naos is used for "temple" in verses 1 & 2.

E. Daniel prophesied that the final world ruler will overcome the saints:

"And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and plot to change times and laws. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one-half time." (Dan.7:25) .

F. Revelation chapter 13 (Rev.13:7) tells us that the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war against the saints and overcome them, and will be given authority to rule for forty-two months ("a time, times and a half a time"); and Revelation 11 tells us that when "the two witnesses" complete their testimony, the same beast will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

So the second question is:

Since the Revelation calls New Jerusalem the holy city, and Jerusalem on earth "Sodom and Egypt", and since Rev.11:2 links the outer court of the same temple spoken of in verse 1, to the holy city, and since Revelation 11:1-2 use the word "naos" for temple, does it seem likely that it's talking about a physical temple in Jerusalem on earth? Or is Revelation 11:1-2 symbolically saying that John was told to count the sheep in the Lord's flock - the holy city, and in the Lord's temple - naos?

The Temple of the man of sin: The man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is also called "the son of perdition". The only other person in the New Testament who received that title was Judas Iscariot, the traitor and betrayer who all the other apostles and disciples considered a trusted follower of Jesus and one of His inner circle. Only Jesus knew Judas was going to betray Him.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 uses the word naos when speaking of the temple this man of sin will seat himself up in.

So the the third question is:

Therefore since following the verses speaking about the tearing of the veil, the word naos is only used in reference to saints as the temple of God, the congregation of saints as the temple of God and in reference to the temple in heaven, why would the Abomination of Desolatation mentioned in Matthew 24:15 be speaking about a physical temple in Jerusalem that may or may not be built by the Jews in our day?

The first problem that arises:

All of Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13 seem to be talking about the destruction of Jerusalem which occurred in 70 A.D - yet the passages all close with speaking about the end of the Age and the return of Christ, making it even more difficult to ascertain if the Abomination of Desolation (AOD) of Matthew 24:15 appeared between 30 A.D and 70 A.D, or if it will appear at the end of the Age.

This question opens another can of worms because many Christians (including myself) believe that Daniel 9:24-27 were fulfilled by the coming of Christ, whereas others believe that Daniel 9:27 will only be fulfilled at the end of this Age, and these people normally link Daniel 9:27 to the scriptures mentioned at the start of this: Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; and Revelation 11:1-2.

So those who believe that Daniel 9:27 has not yet been fulfilled will normally believe in this physical temple in Jerusalem - BUT most of them are unaware of the hieron/naos Greek words for temple and the fact that the last time naos is used in reference to the temple in Jerusalem is at the time of the tearing of the veil.

Complicated enough?
God bless you.

• Winner
Reactions: ShineyDays2
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So, does the pride of one individuals faulty interpretation override the faithful witness of the church and scripture?
Please show where in my post #59, is the faulty interpretation.

I view your comments as prideful and as a put down of a fellow Christian.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Please show where in my post #59, is the faulty interpretation.

I view your comments as prideful and as a put down of a fellow Christian.
This is clearly an issue of presuppositions and since we will never agree I'm just going to bounce.

Peace

Upvote 0