Thinking about stopping dialysis. Please pray that I make the right decision

Creativeguy

Jul 24, 2012
✟19,902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am mentally exhausted. On top of dialysis, I have been looking for work for 18 months, to no avail. I've come close several times, but ultimately lose out to someone else. I have a job in the service industry, but even that has slowed down dramatically. It's to the point where I barely eat some days because of lack of food and can't afford some of my medication. I have a Master's degree and got laid off before the pandemic, but things keep getting worse. Despite medication and prayer, my depression never ends.

At this point, I don't know how much fight I have left anymore, and stopping dialysis seems like the best solution. The only thing is, I'm scared that God might look at this as suicide and send me to hell. Please pray that I make the right decision.

Thank you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am mentally exhausted. On top of dialysis, I have been looking for work for 18 months, to no avail. I've come close several times, but ultimately lose out to someone else. I have a job in the service industry, but even that has slowed down dramatically. It's to the point where I barely eat some days because of lack of food and can't afford some of my medication. I have a Master's degree and got laid off before the pandemic, but things keep getting worse. Despite medication and prayer, my depression never ends.

At this point, I don't know how much fight I have left anymore, and stopping dialysis seems like the best solution. The only thing is, I'm scared that God might look at this as suicide and send me to hell. Please pray that I make the right decision.

Thank you.
-
A person does not go to hell because of some action they do. The only way a person ends up going to hell, is if they have never believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation).

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May God have mercy on you, may He open the doors of employment for you, may He strengthen you and may He make provision for you in Jesus name. May He reassure you of His love and care for you in Jesus name, amen.

God is with you, you are not alone. The Lord is your strength.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would provide wisdom for you to make a sound decision that honors Him. I pray that God would take away your depression and give you a job that is just right for you.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thank you.
Cities have help for people in. Need including financial. Neighbor hood services. Churches have food boxes. No one should be hungry in our country. Churches have resources. If you have a phone get on it. If i could help tell me how. God bless you!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
You seem to be going through a great deal at the moment so it's not surprising that you feel exhausted.

As I was praying for you these verses came to mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3 v 5-6 (NIV)

Please ask the Lord for confirmation if that is from Him for you. However, whether He is specifically saying it or not He will provide for us if we seek His kingdom first - it's in His word. (Matt 6 v 25-34).

Praying for hope, healing and satisfying and well paid work for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can assure you though that if you have been healed, you will eventually know about it because, you will start to feel well again in your body & bad symptoms will start to vanish. The doctor will start to give positive reports maybe from your medical results & when they start to say things like, "It looks like you won't be needing to attend dialysis anymore because your kidneys are now up & functioning properly on their own" or anything along those lines, then you know you have been healed.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thank you.
I hope you have put in for disability. Prayers!

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-
A person does not go to hell because of some action they do. The only way a person ends up going to hell, is if they have never believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation).

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
Actually, that's not true. If a person commits a mortal sin, they can go to Hell if they die in a state of mortal sin.

OP, I'm praying for you.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Actually, that's not true. If a person commits a mortal sin, they can go to Hell if they die in a state of mortal sin.

OP, I'm praying for you.
-
Post the Bible verse or verses that states this.

Because John 5:24 plainly states when a person believes in Jesus they cross over from death to life and there is no Bible verse stating a believer can cross back over from life to death because of sin.

Upvote 0