• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Things we put into our bodies

Dawit Abrham

Apr 8, 2019
Gaithersburg
✟20,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It not to late to eat kosher
Do you mean kosher doesn't contain any of this? I'd really like to know what's safe to eat or not. At this point I don't eat anything artificial or non organic because I don't want to put things inside that's even slightly genetically modified. I'm still wondering how widespread this is though.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean kosher doesn't contain any of this? I'd really like to know what's safe to eat or not. At this point I don't eat anything artificial or non organic because I don't want to put things inside that's even slightly genetically modified. I'm still wondering how widespread this is though.

All animals that are kosher must be pasture raise and live at least one full year before butchering. The butchering process is also very different. Thus all kosher meats (and poultry) are free ranged.

Animals are placed on a conveyor belt where their legs hang down so they are fully relaxed when they reach the butcher. The knives are used only once, are sharp enough to slice a thin hair, and the butcher fully trained to sever the jugular perfectly. The animal (cow or goat) feels only a slight discomfort, and then falls asleep passing away in peace. Thus no adrenaline is released as can happen in other forms of butchering animals

Then the animals are hung in cold room to be bled out. After they are butchered the same man or one equally qualified studies the meat looking for any cancerous or abnormal growth. Any meat that has this cannot be sold kosher. Only after all these quality controls are passed can meat be called kosher, or glatt kosher (that the highest level of observance.

Then when we buy our kosher meats we salt them and set then in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour, to remove any blood still in the meat. When the 1/2 hour is done we wash off the salt and soak the meat for another 1/2 hour. This removes any remaining blood within the meat.

Cancer forms in the tissues but moves into ours bodies first in our blood. This is why we believe HaShem called us to remove as much blood as possible and to check for tumors. Further, there are no bottom feeders or death feeder among the kosher animals. The old adage has some truth, we are what we eat or rather our health is based partially on what we eat.

If you cannot afford kosher, organic and free ranged are the best alternate choice.

Upvote 0