Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Realizing more everyday that I should have been more thankful for a vast number of things in earlier times.

But there's still a lot to be thankful to The Lord
Now that I'm old, I thank God all day long that can go from one room to another.

Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s still easy to forgive people, but it’s getting harder to offend them. Things still getting better for the most part.
Lord bless those who have no one to lean on and find them a care giver. Grant us forgiveness for all our faults and allow us to live with you for the rest of our days……….

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Several family members and friends have passed in the last couple of years. Christmas is difficult but it is still a time to celebrate the reason for the season.
Sure it is We can always think of Christmas as a time to impart cheer and joy in others. We can always consider it's an opportunity to get our minds off ourselves.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Several family members and friends have passed in the last couple of years. Christmas is difficult but it is still a time to celebrate the reason for the season.
I used to send and receive lots of Christmas cards, Now so many people have passed away that the number has dwindled.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟972,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To not proudly tell younger folks how my Mom thrived by using S&H Green Stamps.

I didn’t help my Mom with the Shake-n-Bake, but I sure did my share of licking those stamps and posting them to trade-in books.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm finding the lingo hard to keep up with. I gather that 'wicked' means 'good', shut up' means that you can't believe the message, 'ace' is no longer a tennis shot or a playing card, 'the web' is something we're using and not an arachnid's home and 'sick' has changed from 'ill' to something unpleasant to something good. More worrying is that those using those terms are probably approaching middle-age and there's a new generation with their own linguistic changes :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm finding the lingo hard to keep up with. I gather that 'wicked' means 'good', shut up' means that you can't believe the message, 'ace' is no longer a tennis shot or a playing card, 'the web' is something we're using and not an arachnid's home and 'sick' has changed from 'ill' to something unpleasant to something good. More worrying is that those using those terms are probably approaching middle-age and there's a new generation with their own linguistic changes :D

Your post reminded me of a Dear Abby, or maybe it was Ann Landers, column I saved decades ago, concerning the English language. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere but it would take some effort to find it. :rolleyes: But I did locate it at the following link... about halfway down the page.

Remember When Hippie...

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟972,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Takes longer to shave now…..because I have to move away the post-it notes so I can see.
The post-it note, for instructions? I ask because the older I get, the more I write how-to’s and to-do’s.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The post-it note, for instructions? I ask because the older I get, the more I write how-to’s and to-do’s.
The post-its are for to-do's, don't-do's, and remember-to-do's..........

Upvote 0