Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ray, did I ever tell you that I love you?

Because I do. :D

latest

Not true...they just have a different language for their colors.... ask them the specific shade of that classic muscle car or their favorite fishing lure and you are likely to hear things like "candy apple red" or "chartreuse".... don't even try to call them "red" or "yellow"....

Ahaha true true.
Except what happens when the guy isn't into cars?!

"Pick up that egg shell white one"
*hands the white*
"No, the one that looks like white but is a little off. Kind of a soft white. It looks like it has a tinge of yellow added in. You know, kind of like cream except not quite so yellowish? The one that looks most like the colour of an egg's... shell. Hence eggshell... Never mind! I'll do it myself!"

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then you aren't a fisherman...I learned that color from my husband. It was one of his favorites. I had always thought it was a shade of pink ... He also liked "sour grape" (not a shade of purple) and "pumpkin seed".

Nope...and I was an avid painter for awhile...

"Hand me the dark red"

"No...darker"

"Darker"

"No...no...no...yeah, that one "

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
latest

Ahaha true true.
Except what happens when the guy isn't into cars?!

"Pick up that egg shell white one"
*hands the white*
"No, the one that looks like white but is a little off. Kind of a soft white. It looks like it has a tinge of yellow added in. You know, kind of like cream except not quite so yellowish? The one that looks most like the colour of an egg's... shell. Hence eggshell... Never mind! I'll do it myself!"

It simply means he doesn't see why it mattered and it wasn't that important to him (and I bet we are the same when he is describing the color of something that we don't see why it matters). I will say my husband could see very fine color differences when he had his tackle box open but I never could get him to understand why just because two clothing items were "blue", didn't mean that they matched...hense, he liked wearing uniforms because he didn't have to match anything.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Hamon gave an exaggerated sigh of aggravation and goes, "Oh, you men. Always having to prove yourselves to be so tough all the time. How you have survived as a species so far is a mystery to me." I laughed along with her. To an extent, she was right, and i had no problem making light of this gender stereotype along with her. :)
It is true, though, that men are less likely to seek medical treatment when they need it. This is one of the reasons why men benefit from opposite-sex marriage more than women do. The wife will generally get him to pay more attention to his health.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0