Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
In regards to the Noah's Ark story I ran across this article today:

Twenty-One Reasons Noah’s Worldwide Flood Never Happened | Skeptical Inquirer

It lists only some of the many reasons that we know that there was no worldwide flood.

If anyone wants to discuss any of the reasons I would be more than happy to accommodate them.
An eclectic mix of reasons in the link. I might object to the over-abundance of those devoted to the Grand Canyon, were it not simply a reflection of the obsession Creationists have with it.

Any person of even modest intelligence, aware of the evidence of the kind presented in your link, could not fail to recognise how thoroughly is disproves the flood (unless God chose, for reasons unknown, to destroy the evidence of a global flood and substitute the rock sequences we see today). I have to conclude that they are, therefore, either ignorant of the evidence, or do not understand it. If the latter, it is disappointing so few have made a serious effort to gain that understanding.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
An eclectic mix of reasons in the link. I might object to the over-abundance of those devoted to the Grand Canyon, were it not simply a reflection of the obsession Creationists have with it.

Any person of even modest intelligence, aware of the evidence of the kind presented in your link, could not fail to recognise how thoroughly is disproves the flood (unless God chose, for reasons unknown, to destroy the evidence of a global flood and substitute the rock sequences we see today). I have to conclude that they are, therefore, either ignorant of the evidence, or do not understand it. If the latter, it is disappointing so few have made a serious effort to gain that understanding.
For years I used one of the arguments posted there, but I used a picture of a tributary to the Grand Canyon that made it even more obvious. Goosenecks State Park in Utah is based upon a tributary to the Colorado river and the valley that it made. It is one of the clearest incised meanders in the world:

600px-2009-08-20-01800_USA_Utah_316_Goosenecks_SP.jpg

Flood believers repeatedly fail at an explanation of the combination of a meander and steep sides. Loose sediments have an unfortunate tendency to collapse on much more shallow slopes. Something that occurred less than 30 miles from my house when the Oso landslide wiped out a small town a few years ago in my state. Slopes that did not look all that steep to the locals suddenly gave way. They were nowhere near what you see in that photo. And if you click on the link below and then click on the photo it become page sized. Click on it again it is blown up two or three times more:

Goosenecks State Park - Wikipedia

Upvote 0