LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
The U.S. should demand that religious equality be showed to Christians in Saudi Arabia (and all parts of the world). And we should be willing to back up such demands with physical force.

Honestly, you can't have total religious freedom. So while we are drawing lines in the sand it doesn't seem too illogical to go ahead and outlaw a faith that is rather dangerous to those who do not adhear to the said faith. Should we allow the people to serve Kali? Lets just bring back the Thuggee and why not Baal worship? Why not let people let "their children pass through the fire"--its religious freedom after all!

As to the "Community Center", they are--by law allowed to build where they please. So long as the funding is not tax payer money, they have the right to build it, even if it is in very poor taste. Personally I would like to see the laws changed to forbid Muslims from entering America, or living therein.

When Islamic nations are free for non-muslims to visit/live with equal rights--then maybe we can start a two-way street.

Why support a faith that does not show the same support for our citizens?
This has been screen capped and sent to the U.S. Army department of Public Relations.

Terrifying that anyone thinks this way, much less someone trusted to act on behalf of a country's executive branch, possibly with lethal force.

Final note... Muslims aren't committing crimes by praying their own way. You can worship Baal or Kali all you want in the US, so long as you don't have to break any laws to do so.

Seriously, words cannot convey just how disturbing I find this post. If you want a religious theocracy, go live in Saudi Arabia. Sure, the lables are different, but I suspect you'll find they're actually much more like you and like what you're looking for than you might think.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

But what makes our Western Democracies better? The fact we don't oppress people like they do. So how do we stay better if we start repressing minorities again?

What makes us better is that Islam is not a part of our daily lives, and that its adhearants are a small part of the population.

Bolded section really says it all.

Yes--I dislike Islam and believe it to be a threat.

So what? America isn't a Muslim country, nor is it a theocracy... and the not being a theocracy where people are free to worship whoever and whatever they chose is the basis of why America is supposedly better.

We do have much more religious freedom compared to most of the world, but there are always limits. Remember it was Christians who founded America, so naturally there is a bit more inclination toward the Judeo-Christian faith system.

And what I'M saying is... so, to show that America is better than all those places where people don't have the freedom to worship freely, you want to stop people in America from worshipping freely. Bravo. Good plan. *very dry sarcastic clap, clap*

I just feel that we should stop the followers of Mohamet from entering our country, and kick out those who do adhear to Islam. Islam is a threat, in my view. If Islamic countries want to ban Christianity--that is their right as a nation, just as it is America's right to ban Islam. Why blur lines? We know where each other stand, each one on the other side of the line--with drawn swords.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
What makes us better is that Islam is not a part of our daily lives, and that its adhearants are a small part of the population.
Silly me. And here was I thinking it was something to do with "freedom" and "liberty". Those just meaningless niceties huh?
Yes--I dislike Islam and believe it to be a threat.
No kidding?
We do have much more religious freedom compared to most of the world, but there are always limits. Remember it was Christians who founded America, so naturally there is a bit more inclination toward the Judeo-Christian faith system.
Christians who went out of their way to specify that ALL men are created equal with certain inalienable rights, and to protect such in things like the first ammendment, which quite specifically omits to mention any specific religion. You never noticed that before?
I just feel that we should stop the followers of Mohamet from entering our country, and kick out those who do adhear to Islam. Islam is a threat, in my view. If Islamic countries want to ban Christianity--that is their right as a nation, just as it is America's right to ban Islam. Why blur lines? We know where each other stand, each one on the other side of the line--with drawn swords.
In the words of my famous squadron map designator phrases... far canal, far que, and far kimmy. I can't really think of anything else to say.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The U.S. should demand that religious equality be showed to Christians in Saudi Arabia (and all parts of the world). And we should be willing to back up such demands with physical force.

You're really sure about that one? The US pays allot of money to the Saudi Royals for their oil and therefore support what's going on there. For Christians to be crying about this, the officials you elected are a part of the problem.

Honestly, you can't have total religious freedom. So while we are drawing lines in the sand it doesn't seem too illogical to go ahead and outlaw a faith that is rather dangerous to those who do not adhear to the said faith. Should we allow the people to serve Kali? Lets just bring back the Thuggee and why not Baal worship? Why not let people let "their children pass through the fire"--its religious freedom after all!

You aren't advocating religious freedom for anyone but Christians.

Personally I would like to see the laws changed to forbid Muslims from entering America, or living therein.

I'm ashamed to even acknowledge you're a fellow Soldier. You need to grow up real quick concerning the world around you, especially in regards to what the Constitution says that you swore to uphold and defend.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

This has been screen capped and sent to the U.S. Army department of Public Relations.

Terrifying that anyone thinks this way, much less someone trusted to act on behalf of a country's executive branch, possibly with lethal force.

OOOOOOOOh really scary--a person stating they are against a Faith group that wishes to take over the world by force......

One lucky thing about the United States--I can say what I want. Its a right I have earned. And I am saying that we, as a governmental body should change the law--through methods of the legal justice system to remove Muslims, a threat group, from the United States.

I guess you don't know anything about the U.C.M.J.... We don't loose our rights of free speech, we just can't always say what we want --in uniform and a few other restrictions.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
OOOOOOOOh really scary--a person stating they are against a Faith group that wishes to take over the world by force......

One lucky thing about the United States--I can say what I want. Its a right I have earned. And I am saying that we, as a governmental body should change the law--through methods of the legal justice system to remove Muslims, a threat group, from the United States.

I guess you don't know anything about the U.C.M.J.... We don't loose our rights of free speech, we just can't always say what we want --in uniform and a few other restrictions.
Of course you are free to say what you want. While saying it while designating yourself as a member of your country's armed services, and thereby lending apparent credence to the belief that the American military has an official anti-Muslim stance... that might cause some raised eyebrows.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

You're really sure about that one? The US pays allot of money to the Saudi Royals for their oil and therefore support what's going on there. For Christians to be crying about this, the officials you elected are a part of the problem.

Agreed--public officials can be changed. I vote, and write my officials, I go through the legal channels.

You aren't advocating religious freedom for anyone but Christians.

Add Jews to the list and a few others.

I'm ashamed to even acknowledge you're a fellow Soldier. You need to grow up real quick concerning the world around you, especially in regards to what the Constitution says that you swore to uphold and defend.

You don't have to acknowledge me as a fellow soldier- but the Federal Government does.

I never said destory the Constitution (God forbid!)--maybe you don't understand the Amendment process? I have advocated legally changing the Laws--maybe you are the one who needs to understand the Constitution a bit better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
This just in...
A Muslim nation is prosecuting an Islamic publisher for being critical of Christianity in an introduction to a Bible published by his company. Wait, what? Yeah, seriously. Egypt has actually filed charges over it:
Prosecutor General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud on Monday referred the publisher of Islamic books to a State Security Court on charges of contempt of the Christian religion. Publisher Ahmed Abdallah Abo-Islam, was charged for accusing Christians of fabricating the Bible and threatening social stability and security.Egypt Prosecuting for Insult to Christianity : Dispatches from the Culture Wars

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

Of course you are free to say what you want. While saying it while designating yourself as a member of your country's armed services, and thereby lending apparent credence to the belief that the American military has an official anti-Muslim stance... that might cause some raised eyebrows.

I guess you can't read between the lines?

I never said I was an official repersenative on this Christian Forum for any Federal or State Government.

Or does this Avatar really look like a government seal to you?

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I never said destory the Constitution (God forbid!)--maybe you don't understand the Amendment process?

I'm fully aware of what the Constitution says and I'm also aware fo the Amendment process. You're advocating kicking out 2.5 million people in the United States, simply because they are not a Christian or Jew. You're also for killing 1.5 billion people, because they are not a Christian or a Jew. Let me know where I'm wrong please.

I have advocated legally changing the Laws--maybe you are the one who needs to understand the Constitution a bit better.

Advocate the First Amendment's Freedom of Religion clause to exclude Muslims, and you just advocated nullifying the rest of the Constitution. You're not a defender of Freedom for American's Rights and you don't need to serve in that uniform. You're already suspect because seems to me that if an American Muslims needs your help, you'll never be there because they're Muslim. We in the military are supposed to represent the United States and show others what it means to defend the Constitution; your actions speak otherwise.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I guess you can't read between the lines?

I never said I was an official repersenative on this Christian Forum for any Federal or State Government.

Or does this Avatar really look like a government seal to you?
"Grafenwoehr Training Area (U.S. Army in Germany)" and "US Infantryman - Follow me", plus several times you've claimed to be an active member of the US military.

I'm not trying to silence you. I'm stating my frank disgust that anyone in the uniform of the alleged "land of the free" would hold such repugnant views and voice them while telling everyone of their role in that uniform. If you were just some anonymous rabid Islamophobe then hey, nothing to it. But the fact your in the military, and the Army is supposed to be objective and defend the rights of ALL her nation's citizens... yeah, colour me disturbed.

By the way... what do you think Islamic terrorists say their justification for their struggle against the United States is? Thats right, the religious intolerance and hatred of Muslims. And yet you'll openly post things like you just did, and then, when some Haji Jihadi captures you and tortures you, in the belief that you are a literal crusader on a mission against his religion, I bet you'll cry foul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yeah it was a Coptic Chrisitan lawyer that started the ball rolling, not some lovey dovey Mohametean......

"The decision was a response to a complaint filed by Coptic lawyer Naguib Gobrael, head of Egyptian Union for Human Rights...."
Let the goal post shifting commence.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

I'm fully aware of what the Constitution says and I'm also aware fo the Amendment process. You're advocating kicking out 2.5 million people in the United States, simply because they are not a Christian or Jew. You're also for killing 1.5 billion people, because they are not a Christian or a Jew. Let me know where I'm wrong please.

You are wrong on a few points.

1)--I am not advocating kicking out everyone who is not Christian or Jewish, I said in Post #209 "Add Jews to the list and a few others." [in regards to certain religions having freedom in America].

2) I am not for killing 1.5 billion people [I imagine Mohameteans is what you mean by this figure]. I never said we should kill, wound, slay, or exterminate, any said people group or religious entity.

I am--however, fully willing to defend Christendom with a sword. And if that means killing Muslims then so be it. Islam might try to spread itself on the point of a sword--but there are countless people waiting to defend Christendom with a sword.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
You are wrong on a few points.

1)--I am not advocating kicking out everyone who is not Christian or Jewish, I said in Post #209 "Add Jews to the list and a few others." [in regards to certain religions having freedom in America].

2) I am not for killing 1.5 billion people [I imagine Mohameteans is what you mean by this figure]. I never said we should kill, wound, slay, or exterminate, any said people group or religious entity.

I am--however, fully willing to defend Christendom with a sword. And if that means killing Muslims then so be it. Islam might try to spread itself on the point of a sword--but there are countless people waiting to defend Christendom with a sword.
Defending Christendom with a sword is fine. Admirable, even, in sentiment. Heck, if thats all you were advocating, I'd probably agree with you.

However, the people wanting to build the mosque we're talking bout aren't pushing Islam with a sword, are they?

Defence? Certainly. "Pre-emptive retaliation"? No, not so much.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

"Grafenwoehr Training Area (U.S. Army in Germany)" and "US Infantryman - Follow me", plus several times you've claimed to be an active member of the US military.

I'm not trying to silence you. I'm stating my frank disgust that anyone in the uniform of the alleged "land of the free" would hold such repugnant views and voice them while telling everyone of their role in that uniform. If you were just some anonymous rabid Islamophobe then hey, nothing to it. But the fact your in the military, and the Army is supposed to be objective and defend the rights of ALL her nation's citizens... yeah, colour me disturbed.

You are free to be disgusted. Just as I am free to post my own opinions and views here, even if I am an active duty service member. If I were to stand in a picket with a t-shirt that said "U.S. Infantry" on it, do you think that I would be a legitimate state sponsered speaker? And your Recon? Just as anyone who sees my signature won't say--"wow he is totally a Federal Agent acting in accordance with some Federal Government mandate."

By the way... what do you think Islamic terrorists say their justification for their struggle against the United States is? Thats right, the religious intolerance and hatred of Muslims. And yet you'll openly post things like you just did, and then, when some Haji Jihadi captures you and tortures you, in the belief that you are a literal crusader on a mission against his religion, I bet you'll cry foul.

Thats fine--lets have at it. Islam vs. Christianity. Its happened before.

I won't cry foul were I ever capture by some Haji--because I am sure he would find my "Infidel" tab under my shoulder pocket.

I respect Jihadists more than "moderate Muslims"--at least Jihadists aren't tip toeing around the issues.

Upvote 0