Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The shouts of "unclean" brought to my mind how the Jews and Gentiles in Jesus' day did not associate with one another because the Gentiles were ritually unclean and therefore a Jew was not supposed to have anything to do with them...no having meals together, no visiting a Gentile's house, etc. It took a "filthy Samaritan" to finally help the person lying close to death at the side of the road because the rabbi, priest either too hard-hearted or did not want to risk touching an unclean person and then not being able to enter the temple.

Now we have "the vaccinated" and "the unvaccinated" to create our own "clean" vs. "unclean" in our day and even hints of rounding up the unvaccinated and putting them into "leper camps" so that their uncleanness doesn't affect everyone else (in spite of the fact that the vaccinated can get COVID as well) and this is all supposed to be a joke or be considered funny?

I don't understand the humor here. For one, most unvaccinated people do not have COVID and may even have greater natural immunity than those who are vaccinated if they had COVID at an earlier time, so they would actually be "cleaner" than a vaccinated person who unknowingly has the virus. I wonder if they are going to have to start wearing armbands with "U's" on them so that everyone knows when an "Unvaccinated" is in their midst.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
is is all supposed to be a joke or be considered funny?

I don't understand the humor here. For one, most unvaccinated people do not have COVID and may even have greater natural immunity than those who are vaccinated if they had COVID at an earlier time, so they would actually be "cleaner" than a vaccinated person who unknowingly has the virus. I wonder if they are going to have to start wearing armbands with "U's" on them so that everyone knows when an "Unvaccinated" is in their midst.[/QUOTE]

Like Churchill said,

"For my troops, tea is more important than ammunition."

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only time I think about those who refuse to vaccinate or wear a mask is when they are arguing at the entrance of tbe bar I'm in when they can't get entry. I was in one a week ago and some bloke was kicking up a fuss with the security guy on the door. No vaccination? No entry. On your way, sunshine. People in the bar were joining in calling out 'Unclean!' 'Send him packing' 'Go get a jab'.

He stomped off and everyone in the bar applauded the security guy.
History is repeating. In 1930s Germany, the Nazis pushed out propaganda, accusing the Jewish community of spreading disease, and being a threat to public health. And we know how that ended. Millions were rounded up, transported in cattle cars, and murdered.

Roll on 90 years, and we have governments all around the world stoking fear, and instilling an unvaccinated phobia in the population. It's a pity that many people can't see the similarity to 1930s Germany, and that governments are deliberately creating a toxic narrative, leading to a divided society, where people blame each other, instead of blaming governments, and demanding answers on where the virus came from, and why so many people become infected despite being vaccinated.

yes. That's the problem.
He's being too emotional.

I'd only he's just start thinking then his world will be a better place.
Well it's certainly not based on facts and logic (thinking). How could it be when it's well known that the covid vaccines are a non-sterilising treatment. If you are wondering what that means, non-sterilising is the technical term for a vaccine that doesn't stop infection and transmission. Effectively that means vaccinated people with covid are free to go everywhere they like, infecting others as they go.

Now that we've established that it's not based on facts and logic, the alternative is that it's based on a feeling or an emotion, and that feeling is most likely a phobia of unvaccinated people. If that is the case, then it is correct to say that someone is emoting.

Anyway, I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. If they are going to create a system of apartheid, they won't be able to blame the unvaccinated for infections. In enforcing this revolting health apartheid, the authorities may have inadvertently created their own gibbet and noose.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The shouts of "unclean" brought to my mind how the Jews and Gentiles in Jesus' day did not associate with one another because the Gentiles were ritually unclean and therefore a Jew was not supposed to have anything to do with them...no having meals together, no visiting a Gentile's house, etc. It took a "filthy Samaritan" to finally help the person lying close to death at the side of the road because the rabbi, priest either too hard-hearted or did not want to risk touching an unclean person and then not being able to enter the temple.

Now we have "the vaccinated" and "the unvaccinated" to create our own "clean" vs. "unclean" in our day and even hints of rounding up the unvaccinated and putting them into "leper camps" so that their uncleanness doesn't affect everyone else (in spite of the fact that the vaccinated can get COVID as well) and this is all supposed to be a joke or be considered funny?

I don't understand the humor here. For one, most unvaccinated people do not have COVID and may even have greater natural immunity than those who are vaccinated if they had COVID at an earlier time, so they would actually be "cleaner" than a vaccinated person who unknowingly has the virus. I wonder if they are going to have to start wearing armbands with "U's" on them so that everyone knows when an "Unvaccinated" is in their midst.

The us against them deal has gone on for a while. Everyone alleges their righteousness. It's kind of gross IMO.

People used to speak about how we have to have 'discussions' about things. Most of us know that they really didn't want discussions. They wanted a platform to lecture. This is why nothing gets discussed.

To many feel the 'us against them' is the HEIGHT of sophistication. It's really not. To me its another form of being a snob IMO. It just shows how intolerant people can be, and they aren't afraid to show it. I don't see any group cornering the market on this intolerance towards fellow humans that think differently. They are just trying to out snob the other. So, while each group scrapes their noses along the ceiling, and pretending the other group has committed some heresy...they allow themselves to be manipulated in participating in the divide.

I hope one day leaders can step forward - not media/government types - and bring some maturity to the culture. At this point? I just think to many love their misery to much, or just think its safer to follow the crowd around them's groupthink so they don't get attacked.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
History is repeating. In 1930s Germany, the Nazis pushed out propaganda, accusing the Jewish community of spreading disease, and being a threat to public health. And we know how that ended. Millions were rounded up, transported in cattle cars, and murdered.

Roll on 90 years, and we have governments all around the world stoking fear, and instilling an unvaccinated phobia in the population. It's a pity that many people can't see the similarity to 1930s Germany, and that governments are deliberately creating a toxic narrative, leading to a divided society, where people blame each other, instead of blaming governments, and demanding answers on where the virus came from, and why so many people become infected despite being vaccinated.

Well it's certainly not based on facts and logic (thinking). How could it be when it's well known that the covid vaccines are a non-sterilising treatment. If you are wondering what that means, non-sterilising is the technical term for a vaccine that doesn't stop infection and transmission. Effectively that means vaccinated people with covid are free to go everywhere they like, infecting others as they go.

Now that we've established that it's not based on facts and logic, the alternative is that it's based on a feeling or an emotion, and that feeling is most likely a phobia of unvaccinated people. If that is the case, then it is correct to say that someone is emoting.

Anyway, I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. If they are going to create a system of apartheid, they won't be able to blame the unvaccinated for infections. In enforcing this revolting health apartheid, the authorities may have inadvertently created their own gibbet and noose.
Please

I earnestly beg you to NEVER ever compare the covid response to the Holocaust.

It makes me want to get my oma on here to curse you out and shame you and your house.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Where is the problem?

Many of the vaccinated are convinced that the unvaccinated will be infected by the virus and drop dead, and shortly.

So with that reasoning, the unvaccinated will shortly be gone.

Problem fixed.

For the unvaccinated hopefully they each have their own reasons not to cave in

to outside pressure.

Something that I did not think about at the time but came to me after is,

last year when I was in intensive care, not because of the virus.

Thinking back, and this is before vaccinations,

no one, not even one wore a mask, not doctors, nurses, cleaning staff, patients no one.

So, can I help it if I have no confidence in the many so called "experts"?

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

A guy in the pub made the same comment. Someone being refused entry into the pub because he couldn't be bothered getting a vaccination shot was exactly the same as millions of innocent men, women and children being systematically murdered. A chillingly accurate comparison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Roll on 90 years, and we have governments all around the world stoking fear, and instilling an unvaccinated phobia in the population.

Right it’s the governments which are the ones “stoking fear”. Uh-huh.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A guy in the pub made the same comment. Someone being refused entry into the pub because he couldn't be bothered getting a vaccination shot was exactly the same as millions of innocent men, women and children being systematically murdered. A chillingly accurate comparison.
I said that demonising others as unclean, disease spreaders, and a threat to public heath, is one part of how it began in 1930s Germany. I then stated how it ended. Knowing how it ended in 1930s Germany, responsible people with a conscience should avoid drumming up fear of the unvaccinated, and refrain from supporting an apartheid system that discriminates based on vaccination status.

Right it’s the governments which are the ones “stoking fear”. Uh-huh.
That's my opinion, but you don't need to take my word on it.

Academics who study government communications have accused the UK government of propaganda that is intended to play on people's emotions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Your comparison has it's weak points.

1, Jews have always been scapegoats.

2, A Jew is a Jew,is a Jew, wether strict observant or athiest.

3, Part of the plan was to exterminate all Jews.

4, There was no option.

Even for gypsies, social democrats, slavic peoples all considered undisreables,

also handicapped both physically and mentally.

In other words there was no choice.

Today no one is out to exterminate others in the same way as in your example.

Today the choice is left open.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I said that demonising others as unclean, disease spreaders, and a threat to public heath, is one part of how it began in 1930s Germany. I then stated how it ended. Knowing how it ended in 1930s Germany, responsible people with a conscience should avoid drumming up fear of the unvaccinated, and refrain from supporting an apartheid system that discriminates based on vaccination status.

Indeed. The comparison is chillingly accurate. One day it's preventing an unvaccinated guy from mixing with the locals. The next - genocide on an industrial scale.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Because we live in a upsidedown world ruled by evil who is saying that evil is good and good is evil.

“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

“Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,” 2 Timothy 3:3

If Jesus doesn’t come soon it will be very evident that those camps are filled with followers of Jesus.

I think greatest and the most obvious, outrageous lie about this covid thing is that you can be infected without knowing you are infected. I don’t believe in one second that someone who is healthy is ”unclean” or infected.
It is just building up paranoia on people and another fear tactics and justification for covid restrictions.

• Agree
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dunning Kruger.

I would bet my tent trailer that NOBODY who has ever said to me "Do your own research" did their own research. And that's at least in part because the people who do actual research don't yell at people to go do the research.

Those people telling me did their own casual, light reading to get angry.

This is spot on.

The most research I've probably ever done into anything was in the process of writing my master's thesis. That research took the lion's share of the year and a half that it took me to get from the germ of an idea to successfully defending the thesis, since the literature review alone involved going back into the scientific record several centuries, with several more centuries involved in incorporating what we could call 'pre-scientific' theories that were necessary to research in order to provide context for the beginnings of the modern approach to the topic. In the end, I ended up with a work that was about 125 pages, the last 15-20 of which were the bibliography alone. I don't mean this as a brag but to show how grueling it is to do actual research of the type that can be defended scientifically in comparison to what is generally meant by "Do your own research" when it is said in casual, non-scientific environments -- i.e., here's a random assortment of Google results and YouTube videos that agree with the point of view I want you to have (my point of view)."

It would be quite simply unrealistic to expect any person who is not actually in the field in question to do their own research into matters of extremely important and often quite pressing public safety. If we were to require a year and a half of intense research on the part of every person who wanted to know the 'right' answer with regard to the vaccines, we'd have a lot of people who would die before they'd even begin to grasp the basics of what the literature they would then suddenly be presented with actually means.

And not because they're stupid or anything, but because it is written by and for doctors and researchers who already have the necessary background to understand, so they don't need to "do their own research" to know what is scientifically plausible or sound and what is not. They already know how to evaluate what they're presented with. They're doctors. If you aren't, why would you expect or should you be expected to be able to do what they do? It's totally okay to admit you don't know things. I don't really know anything about infectious diseases, but I do know that there are thousands of epidemiologists and others who do, so I trust them to know how to approach topics I don't have a realistic chance of understanding.

"Do your own research" should really be replaced with "Learn how to evaluate information so that you can know what is an appropriate thing to ask when you have the time to ask questions of someone who knows what's going on in a field that you don't know." That seems like a better use of a person's intellect than chasing "the stuff they don't want you to know!" or whatever. (Anyone else remember that series of books from a few years ago? Turns out the guy hocking those was a fraud, too, like so many of these "Do your own research!", neo-Gnostic types are.)

Upvote 0