home is where the heart is <3
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, sometimes voices are not a spiritual issue, but an issue of brokenness. Some people who have experienced severe childhood traumas before age 7, will develop Dissociative Identity Disorder. In other words, they develop alter personalities to hold on to the trauma so that the front alter/person can function without holding onto the knowledge of those traumas. These cannot be "cast out" ... instead, God heals them... like putting a puzzle back together with all the pieces in their rightful place.

If you rebuke, pray, or "cast out" and they aren't going away.... it may very well be that these are not demons at all, but broken and wounded parts of yourself. In this case, you need to bring all your broken parts to the Lord, and allow Him to mend .... it usually means a process of working through past wounding so that those issues that brought about the brokenness in the first place can be resolved.

I'm not saying I know what @boxman144 has experienced. But this is what happened with me and many people I know who have survived horrible traumas resulting in dissociation (and "voices").

• Useful
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.
Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are so many voices in my head, and I don't know which one is Jesus, they all make fun of me, and be rude and make me go crazy because I want to hear from Jesus only and I pray and pray for this to go away, but the voices only get louder when I pray or read the Bible.

I really want all of these voices to just shut up and I don't know how. How am I supposed to follow Jesus when I don't even know what His voice sounds like?

Jesus voice is a still small voice. It is peaceful and inaudible and filled with reason and sound judgement. He speaks more through situations than through actual words. The more you read the bible the more you will hear His voice but again it isnt an audible voice. Some people may hear God speak to them audibly but that is extremely rare. And usually only happens to Christian who pray far more than most people. Very rare.

This video will help you.

Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Medicine will not help you. Medications are based on natural ingredients, that effect the body. I was put on medications some years ago and the side effects were horrendous they would cause me to shake, one time I had stroke like symptoms. Having been through all of that I definitely DON'T recommend them.

You are dealing with a spiritual situation, hearing voices, as you know if from the devil. It does not mean you are a bad Christian, the devil just hates people, and wants to destroy your quality of life, and draw you away from God.

I believe you regarding your situation, but don't assume everyone with a problem is in the same situation as you. Mental disorders are real. Demons are real.

What @boxman144 needs is caring Christian professionals who can determine the right balance of medicine and counseling for his situation. What he doesn't need is random advice from an Internet forum by untrained people.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are so many voices in my head, and I don't know which one is Jesus, they all make fun of me, and be rude and make me go crazy because I want to hear from Jesus only and I pray and pray for this to go away, but the voices only get louder when I pray or read the Bible.

I really want all of these voices to just shut up and I don't know how. How am I supposed to follow Jesus when I don't even know what His voice sounds like?
Well, to be perfectly candid, you can start by reading the Gospels, and if the "voices" contradict what Jesus already said, then you know it's not Him. --I honestly thought most people already knew that, but, oh well, I guess now you do too. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have talked to a therapist, it worked for a while, but the therapy went away within a couple weeks. And I don't think my parent's would let me take the medication, plus I've seen a lot of Christians saying the meds are demonic.

medicine is NOT demonic! For the love of God! If you need medicine take it! You wouldn’t tell someone not to take medicine if they had a physical issue. Stay away from people who talk like that. They are ignorant and make Christians look crazy. Mental illnesses are not the result of demons. Stay away from those who say that too.

And why did you leave therapy?

For therapy to be effective you have to stick with it. Not for a few weeks. Maybe months or years depending on what you’re getting help with. A therapist can’t help you if you don’t put their suggestions into practice.

Finally, are these voices audible in your head? If so get help ASAP. That is often a sign of schizophrenia, something which many need to be on medication for life in order to control, something which is nothing to be ashamed of.

You need help from a professional, licensed psychiatrist. Not strangers on the internet.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Medicine will not help you. Medications are based on natural ingredients, that effect the body. I was put on medications some years ago and the side effects were horrendous they would cause me to shake, one time I had stroke like symptoms. Having been through all of that I definitely DON'T recommend them.

You are dealing with a spiritual situation, hearing voices, as you know if from the devil. It does not mean you are a bad Christian, the devil just hates people, and wants to destroy your quality of life, and draw you away from God.

The bible says :

Jas 4:7-9 Surrender to God! Resist the devil, and he will run from you. Come near to God, and he will come near to you. Clean up your lives, you sinners. Purify your hearts, you people who can't make up your mind.

1) Submit to God - submit to his commandments, pray to Him regularly
2) Resist the Devil - ignore the devil when he speaks, and pray to God to remove them, they will go given time
3) If you have known sin stop it

These three keys are pivotal, we must remove sin from our lives (if there is any), continually abide in God's presence (pray regularly), and when the devil speaks determine to not listen to him, don't mediate on the thoughts, ignore them, push them from your mind. Thank God that he will give you peace and victory.

Do not denounce medications. That is very dangerous advice and the right medication can work wonders. It’s a matter of finding the one that works for you. Your is experience is just that. Yours.

Just because you had bad side effects does not mean everyone else will.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0