• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

There's a practical reason to hoard toilet paper.

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by OldWiseGuy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. axelthefox

axelthefox New Member

+27
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    You can always use a bidet from home depot that just sprays water

3. OldWiseGuy

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I can't imagine kids using a bidet, much less me. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+669
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's a good thing I kept my old phone books !
    AND I have a news paper subscription to boot !

5. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,533
    Christian
    Because you don't care if the medical worker caring for you has actually wiped his/her butt clean?....and was too tired after working 12 hour shifts to look at 20 different stores to buy any.

6. Jok

Jok Well-Known Member

+641
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    How is there still a shortage? Why would people who already bought 1000 rolls of it continue to buy more of it every time they restock the shelves?

7. axelthefox

axelthefox New Member

+27
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    This.

8. muichimotsu

muichimotsu I Spit On Perfection

+945
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    We don't have kids per se, but early on, we had a roll or 2 of toilet paper get shredded by the youngest cats (because a scratching post was too normal, I guess?

9. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+658
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    People are pooping at home WAAAY more with the shelter in place orders. Imagine how many times you poop at work or restaurants or parks or public restrooms? All that butt wiping was being done by commercial TP not TP from retailers....now ALL butts are being wiped by only home based retail TP supply and it can’t meet the demand.
    Do you part: poop less!

10. OldWiseGuy

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    My store stopped stocking it. :(

11. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+669
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That isn't very business savvy.
    Quit stocking the biggest seller?

12. OldWiseGuy

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    They probably can't get it from their suppliers. They had a boatload of off-brand single rolls that they rationed but now that is gone as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. OldWiseGuy

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Those crazy cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM8RT5DwGsw

Now we know what's happening to all that toilet paper.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  14. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,533
    Christian
    I know a lot of people who will only use their home toilets for the "sit down" business. And all the businesses aren't buying any. However, we can get it again with no problem. You may only have 5 brand choices instead of 15 before

15. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+10,801
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Its not easy finding it in the stores so it seems most everyone is hoarding it nowadays.

16. muichimotsu

+945
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    Thankfully I don't recall that being a problem for a while, they're used to scratching other stuff (furniture included), though they still have night crazies

17. OldWiseGuy

+9,641
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I know what you mean. I had an upstairs tenant that requested permission to have a cat. I permitted it but she got two cats, who proceeded to chase each other all night, which kept me awake. I had to evict her as she wouldn't part with her "babies".

18. muichimotsu

+945
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    US-Green
    That's why there's that security deposit or pet deposit and such for renters, pain in the butt as it is. It's why my brother is building his own house with a contractor and such, may be done by...end of spring?

19. axelthefox

axelthefox New Member

+27
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I think the Japanese and French use bidets. One time at a house, there was a bidet that had instructions in Japanese. Only thing is i can't read Japanese.

20. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+524
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    All of those public toilets use rough paper. I notice that they don't sell that kind in the stores. Maybe that is why soft tissue is being hoarded.