There is something deeply wrong with me and I am not sure what it is.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's okay, you weren't rude. I just have no way of knowing these things, because I don't know you, so I have to ask :)

Do you believe the results of the tests you've taken are all false?

There is a problem with binary answers. Does that answer your question?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know, God's not terribly interested in you just being you. He'd like to change you, make you more like Himself. This'll mean, though, a lot less of you and lot more of Him. But, this is actually what He made you for. Which is why there's so much more purpose, meaning and fulfillment in God's way than in ours.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You know, God's not terribly interested in you just being you. He'd like to change you, make you more like Himself. This'll mean, though, a lot less of you and lot more of Him. But, this is actually what He made you for. Which is why there's so much more purpose, meaning and fulfillment in God's way than in ours.

I agree with this. My personal opinion on sanctification is that it CANNOT happen without suffering. God makes us suffer so that we love him all the more. It's a paradox of sorts, but I have found this to be True both Biblically and in my own life.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can you explain what you mean by that? I could assume or guess, but I'd rather not. I'd rather be clear.

Do you like worms? Yes or no? Improper question. You like worms to a certain degree. This is the problem with asking binary questions. The Pharisees asked binary questions to Jesus and Jesus pretty much never gave them a straightforward answer.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you like worms? Yes or no? Improper question. You like worms to a certain degree. This is the problem with asking binary questions. The Pharisees asked binary questions to Jesus and Jesus pretty much never gave them a straightforward answer.

Not all personality/aptitude tests are yes/no answers. Some of them have you agree or disagree on a scale, and if it doesn't apply at all, you simply choose the neutral center ground.

I don't like being restricted to yes/no questions, either, on such tests. Nearly every question has me thinking, "Well, it depends..."

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Nearly every question has me thinking, "Well, it depends..."

That's the heart of what I am saying. In some situations I do X and in some I do Y. It's not about yes or no, it's about how, when, why.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's the heart of what I am saying. In some situations I do X and in some I do Y. It's not about yes or no, it's about how, when, why.

I get that. I really do! That's why I'd recommend seeking out some tests that give you better options besides just yes and no :) But that's up to you, of course.

Like this, for example:
upload_2021-1-14_9-38-31.png

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am pretty much on the bottom rung in terms of "success". I used to think this was just due to poor circumstances, but now I am starting to think there is something fundamentally wrong with me. I don't think like other people. I feel dumb and crazy at the same time. I don't know what to do. I just go day by day doing the same things. My life has become stale. I don't feel stale, but that probably just lends itself to me being a stick in the mud. God help me, I'm just not very bright. It seems people can easily outmaneuver me in a lot of things. Life is a struggle. I cannot even get myself to sleep at the right times. I just don't know how dumb I actually am and that's the worst part.

Pray for me.
Did you write this post yourself?
Your own words?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I get that. I really do! That's why I'd recommend seeking out some tests that give you better options besides just yes and no :) But that's up to you, of course.

Like this, for example:
View attachment 293429

I have taken that test enough times to know which one it is. You are not getting it. I have taken tests, lots and lots and lots of them. They are not helpful and often lead to the occult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have taken that test enough times to know which one it is. You are not getting it. I have taken tests, lots and lots and lots of them. They are not helpful and often lead to the occult.

I ask questions and present ideas in order to understand you better. I don't know you, so I can't know anything about you without doing so. I'm trying to understand what you mean by your words here, but it seems that's just making you frustrated, so I will stop.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟409,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@True Counterphobia maybe you just don’t want to work at the average boring job all day, etc, etc. maybe you don’t have any aggressive ambition. Are you on the street? I can be poor or be well taken care of. Things will probably change or an opportunity will occur. You will be tested in other areas. But what are you doing now? As the person said different is not wrong. You are smart and full equal with all. Put the real you out there if you want circumstances to grow. Art, independence, self employment, music, writing, proof reader, if you need money. Disability income and entertaining yourself. Different circle of friends. I had a good job once and it fueled a lot of good things. It didn’t last but it was worth sacrificing for. And now I’m retired but you don’t need to wait until then to do your own fun.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
@True Counterphobia maybe you just don’t want to work at the average boring job all day, etc, etc. maybe you don’t have any aggressive ambition. Are you on the street? I can be poor or be well taken care of. Things will probably change or an opportunity will occur. You will be tested in other areas. But what are you doing now? As the person said different is not wrong. You are smart and full equal with all. Put the real you out there if you want circumstances to grow. Art, independence, self employment, music, writing, proof reader, if you need money. Disability income and entertaining yourself. Different circle of friends. I had a good job once and it fueled a lot of good things. It didn’t last but it was worth sacrificing for. And now I’m retired but you don’t need to wait until then to do your own fun.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums