There is something deeply wrong with me and I am not sure what it is.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am pretty much on the bottom rung in terms of "success". I used to think this was just due to poor circumstances, but now I am starting to think there is something fundamentally wrong with me. I don't think like other people. I feel dumb and crazy at the same time. I don't know what to do. I just go day by day doing the same things. My life has become stale. I don't feel stale, but that probably just lends itself to me being a stick in the mud. God help me, I'm just not very bright. It seems people can easily outmaneuver me in a lot of things. Life is a struggle. I cannot even get myself to sleep at the right times. I just don't know how dumb I actually am and that's the worst part.

Pray for me.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you feeling depressed? Don’t call yourself dumb. You are not dumb. We are all different and operate in different modes. I will pray for you. But if this is something that is causing some real problems, talking to your doctor may be in order.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,130,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty much on the bottom rung in terms of "success". I used to think this was just due to poor circumstances, but now I am starting to think there is something fundamentally wrong with me. I don't think like other people. I feel dumb and crazy at the same time. I don't know what to do. I just go day by day doing the same things. My life has become stale. I don't feel stale, but that probably just lends itself to me being a stick in the mud. God help me, I'm just not very bright. It seems people can easily outmaneuver me in a lot of things. Life is a struggle. I cannot even get myself to sleep at the right times. I just don't know how dumb I actually am and that's the worst part.

Pray for me.

From reading the several posts of yours that I've come across, I'm pretty sure you don't qualify as "dumb," Bro! And don't think you're alone in having these kinds of feelings. A lot of us do to some extent. :cool:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From reading the several posts of yours that I've come across, I'm pretty sure you don't qualify as "dumb," Bro! And don't think you're alone in having these kinds of feelings. A lot of us do to some extent. :cool:
It’s the ones that don’t have these feeling from time to time are the ones we should be concerned about imo.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Pray for me.

We will, and please also you too. Pray each day as Christ said in Matthew chapter 6 --
Matthew 6 NIV

(This prayer for us to pray each day is in the middle of the famous "Sermon on the Mount, all of chapters 5 through 7. One good way to begin to listen to Christ's words in a more full and listening ("ears that hear") way is to very slowly read this sermon, perhaps over days or even weeks of time, meditating on all of his words, and taking them to heart. And then...continue on, reading more that He said. :) )

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@True Counterphobia You are far away from being dumb.

Also you are a blessing just for being alive today.

Though not knowing you what you do on daily basis. (It seems staleness runs alongside my life). It's not very exciting to say the least life over here, but it could be much worse...

much much worse.

God is really awesome, he is good, loving, kind, and merciful.

(been out a job here for a month... though 5 day ill have a new one and get to be around new people) that is always exciting.

Life still can seem boring, you got anyone you can call up go hang out with possibly?

Fresh air and walking always helps, along side of just calling up someone you are close to an talk for a hour or something.

Prays for you friend!

You are far from dumb... You are a very smart individual, who matters, and is important in this life while you are here on this planet, and most assuredly loved by God.

1 Thessalonians 5:
14 Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.

15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." "When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Ephesians 6:10-20

Philippians 4:
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Psalm 50:15
“And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

Be careful to not let your flesh consume you dear friend, remember we have a spirit inside us that is much more stronger, that comes from God, and the spirit of Christ with-in.​

Be blessed, and hope you start to feel better.

God bless you and your family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a dear friend who is not bright with intelligence. She is wise with her income as a certified nurses assistant. She is frugal with her money and visits us in Hawaii occasionally, watching her money and enjoying herself. She has confidence in herself and is in my opinion a greater success than others I know with a higher aptitude. Intelligence is a gift as is strength, quickness, etc.. Wisdom is the correct application of knowledge.
Satan is the accuser. Do not let him whisper those lies of unworthiness. God has proven our value to Him with the gift of His Son.

1 Cor, 1:26
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some thoughts...

I found myself making lofty arguments and thought highly of them. Then I realized that this was pride. So I prayed and asked God to deal with my pride. Perhaps humility is what God had in mind.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some thoughts...

I found myself making lofty arguments and thought highly of them. Then I realized that this was pride. So I prayed and asked God to deal with my pride. Perhaps humility is what God had in mind.
Humility is a very attractive trait. Unlike misplaced pride. Don’t worry. You’ll find your niche.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's great to know you are starting to feel better, @True Counterphobia!

Feel free to pm me any time brother if you wanna talk. I always like phone conversations better than back and forth typing because you can always be able to speak, think and then respond to questions better that way.

You did the right thing about asking God to help you with your pride of whatever those thoughts where that came up in your head friend. Stay safe, be mindful, and as the Lord Jesus Christ was, stay lowly, and by the spirit we can overcome the thoughts that of the self ; I, I, I.

Thank you to all who posted, and always are helping our brothers and sisters out.

God bless you and your families!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Pray for me.
Dear brother,
Have you considered what Jesus have said :
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. -John 10:10

Have you considered why you don’t have the abundant life that Jesus spoke of ?

Please consider David poured his griefs to God:

Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eye is wasted from grief; my soul and my body also. -Psalms 31:9
For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones waste away. -Psalms 31:10
Because of all my adversaries I have become a reproach, especially to my neighbors, and an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me. -Psalms 31:11
I have been forgotten like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel. -Psalms 31:12
For I hear the whispering of many' terror on every side!' as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life. -Psalms 31:13
But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." -Psalms 31:14
My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors! -Psalms 31:15
Make your face shine on your servant; save me in your steadfast love! -Psalms 31:16
O LORD, let me not be put to shame, for I call upon you; let the wicked be put to shame; let them go silently to Sheol. -Psalms 31:17
Let the lying lips be mute, which speak insolently against the righteous in pride and contempt. -Psalms 31:18
Oh, how ABUNDANT is Your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear You and worked for those who take refuge in You, in the sight of the children of mankind! -Psalms 31:19

So brother, do you feel your life is spent with sorrow, and your years with sighing and felt
that your strength fails you like David ?

Have you noticed that David knew that the thief or the adversary or Satan who came to steal, kill and destroy? Have you noticed that in your life ?

Have you noticed that David believes that God can save him in His steadfast love ? Will you believe like David ?

To whom David have said the abundant life that God stores up and God worked for ?

The Lord Jesus Christ call us to His goodness that we may have abundantly life but it is stored up for those who fear God. And the Lord Jesus Christ worked for those who take refuge in Him to give them abundantly life.

So we must all consider ourselves whether we have fear God and take refuge in Christ so that we may partake of His promise of abundant life.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Pray for me.

You don't communicate like someone who is "dumb."

God made us all to be "conformed to the image of His Son." The more you fall in line with God's plan, fixing your eyes upon Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18; Hebrews 12:2-3), and are transformed by the Holy Spirit, the less "dumb and crazy" you'll feel. Instead, the character and light of Christ will shine through you, blessing and serving those around you. Sounds all right, doesn't it?

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are NOT "dumb" And many of us, myself included, believe it or not, actually care about your well being. SO you are not alone either.

Since I do not know your situation above what you have told me, I would suggest first that you take a good long look at your thinking about people, the world and your world view I suspect that it may be way too small, and that is the first thing hindering your ability to soar. You mention being "a stick in the mud" ? Let's look at getting you out of the Mud and into the sky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Pray for me.

You don't sound "dumb" to me, in reading your posts. You sound like a person of at least normal intelligence and ability to express himself.

Have you considered taking some personality and aptitude tests, to see where your strengths might lie?

There's nothing "wrong" with being "different".

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You don't sound "dumb" to me, in reading your posts. You sound like a person of at least normal intelligence and ability to express himself.

Have you considered taking some personality and aptitude tests, to see where your strengths might lie?

There's nothing "wrong" with being "different".

I read and wrote opinions on personality forums for years and felt like I never learned anything "real".

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read and wrote opinions on personality forums for years and felt like I never learned anything "real".

Have you taken a Meyers Briggs test?

Or aptitude testing? That tells what your specific strengths and weaknesses are? It may at least give you some insight into you how you function in relation to other people :)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Have you taken a Meyers Briggs test?

Or aptitude testing? That tells what your specific strengths and weaknesses are? It may at least give you some insight into you how you function in relation to other people :)

I don't mean to be rude here, but I have probably taken way more tests than you have. I had a separate file for tests on my PC. I never actually learned anything True about myself taking those tests.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't mean to be rude here, but I have probably taken way more tests than you have. I had a separate file for tests on my PC. I never actually learned anything True about myself taking those tests.

It's okay, you weren't rude. I just have no way of knowing these things, because I don't know you, so I have to ask :)

Do you believe the results of the tests you've taken are all false?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0