✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What about 0.5?

As a decimal number, yes, it does follow 0. But in the sequence given by natural whole numbers, 1 is next to 0. Just as 2 is next to 1, 3 is next to 2, then 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...
You can see where I'm going with this.

Your question wholly depends on which facet of mathematics you're following, as has been pointed out several times on this thread.

Upvote 0

Farid7

Sep 12, 2023
Salt Lake City
✟11,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As a decimal number, yes, it does follow 0. But in the sequence given by natural whole numbers, 1 is next to 0. Just as 2 is next to 1, 3 is next to 2, then 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...
You can see where I'm going with this.

Your question wholly depends on which facet of mathematics you're following, as has been pointed out several times on this thread.
Yes, true. It's like saying in a set of ABCs containing A, C, Z. C is next to A. It all depends on the type of ABC set being used.
Which is irrelevant.
It is to what I am saying.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zeno has never claimed the mathematical series does not converge. He only claimed that time is infinitely divisible.
You have lost the plot.
I have used "modern" mathematics to describe Zeno's paradox as a converging series involving limits.

The series

1.gif

can be expressed as the limit

8.gif

As can be seen from the graph S rapidly converges to a value approaching 1 even after only summing 10 terms.

zeno.png

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0