Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 48:1-2 Hear this, you House of Jacob – called by the name of Israel and those from the line of Judah: You invoke the Name of God, but not with honesty and sincerity. Even though you call yourselves citizens of the Holy Land and lean for support on the God of Israel, whose name is Y’hovah.

[The Israelites – that is the Jews and those of the 10 Northern tribes, still in dispersion among the nations, are told that their faith in Y’hovah is insincere. Their worship is merely by rote and tradition. Revelation 3:14-23 – describes them as “lukewarm”.]

Isaiah 48:3-6a Long ago, I announced what would first happen, I revealed it and suddenly it came about. For, as I know how intractable you are, I told you of these things, so you can’t say: It was my idols doing. Admit the truth of My words

[Prophecies about Israel’s exodus from Egypt and their dispersion because of sin, came to pass.]

Isaiah 48:6b-8 From now on, I shall tell you of new things – hidden things that you did not know before. Things that I have just decided, so you can’t say: I know all about that! You don’t understand because your ears were stopped long ago.

[The Bible has many prophecies about the end times, but understanding is impossible for those who believe in false teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12.]

Isaiah 48:9-11 I know that you are a rebellious people, but for the sake of My name, I was patient. I tested you in the furnace of affliction. I will not let My name be profaned. [Ezekiel 6:7-10; Israel and Judah, tested and afflicted, throughout the centuries, by their exile]

Isaiah 48:12-15 Listen to Me, Israel, whom I have called: I am Y’hovah, the Alpha and the Omega. I created the heavens and the earth. Assemble and listen, all of you – who knows what is coming? My chosen ally will carry out My purpose against Babylon. I have called Him and He will succeed.

Y’hovah has given authority to Jesus Christ. He will carry out the judgement. Psalm 110]

Isaiah 48:16-19 Draw near and hear this: From the beginning, I have never spoken in secret and when things are fulfilled, I am there. Thus says Y’hovah, your redeemer, I am the Holy One of Israel. I will teach you and lead you in the way you should go. If only you had obeyed My Laws, your prosperity would have been like a river and your multitudes of children, blessed.
Isaiah 48:20-21 Go out from Babylon, announce this with shouts of joy. Y’hovah has redeemed His servants, Jacob. Though He led them in desert places, they suffered no thirst, for them, He split the rock and streams gushed forth.

[Ancient Israel would have had it all, if only they had stayed faithful to God.

But now, since Jesus offered Salvation to all, the faithful Christian peoples are the inheritors. They will go into and live in the holy Land. Isaiah 40:1-3, Romans 9:24-26]

Isaiah 48:22 There is no peace for the wicked, says Y’hovah.
[They will be judged and punished, in the next prophesied event, Revelation 6:12-17]

Ref: REB Some verses abridged