There are two millennial reigns, one past, one future....

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi YSM. Thanks for the input as usual.

I may seem to be splitting hairs but I believe 'the days of Jared' stands for his time on earth up until the birth of his son, Enoch. If the 200 had fallen later, after the birth of Enoch, it would then say they had fallen 'in the days of Enoch'. These guys were all contemporaries. I mean Adam was still alive too. To indicate the time the 200 fell, Enoch narrows it to the time of Jared's life before Enoch.
Likely....his name has a double meaning in prophecy, too, "to descend". The watchers descended then, after his birth, but in the prophecy of the names of the first ten patriarchs, put together as a beautiful sentence, his name speaks of the Son of Man descending to earth in the Kinsman flesh.
More later. Hard to look things up and post them on the iPhone.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Azazel is bound before the 120 final years before the flood. He taught the ways of war and was not able watch his weaponry being used to destroy his and his compatriots illegitimate children. Then after the other Watchers DID watch and were unable to stop the internecine war, at its conclusion, they were bound too. It was probably then Methuselah died and Noah entered the ark.

If they can communicate in their suffering in gloomy chains of darkness, Azazel would have to hear about the wars from the other Watchers when they arrived before the flood after the reprobate children were killed by Azazel's tools of war. Fine justice that.
I thought that the fallen watchers were chained before the flood, but I hadn't associated it with the 120 years. Good insight.
I know the offspring of them were doing horrid, evil, vile things until the flood, and many of them died in the wars among themselves that the holy angels caused them to have.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought that the fallen watchers were chained before the flood, but I hadn't associated it with the 120 years. Good insight.
I know the offspring of them were doing horrid, evil, vile things until the flood, and many of them died in the wars among themselves that the holy angels caused them to have.
On a somewhat related note... I still have the Book of Enoch up on the SummaScriptura wesite, but also have it here:
http://read.thebookofenoch.info/

It makes it quicker to pull up and when you want to link to it the URL is shorter, and even simpler to type: [above-referenced URL]/#69:26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On a somewhat related note... I still have the Book of Enoch up on the SummaScriptura wesite, but also have it here:
http://read.thebookofenoch.info/

It makes it quicker to pull up and when you want to link to it the URL is shorter, and even simpler to type: [above-referenced URL]/#69:26
I really appreciate being able to use the website to reference the Book of Enoch for postings. I have it bookmarked, but the phone only allows one window open at a time.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is the book of Enoch and should it be in the Bible?

We should treat the Book of Enoch (and the other books like it) in the same manner we do the other Apocryphal writings. Some of what the Apocrypha says is true and correct, but at the same time, much of it is false and historically inaccurate. If you read these books, you have to treat them as interesting but fallible historical documents, not as the inspired, authoritative Word of God.

Recommended Resource: The Canon of Scripture by F.F. Bruce

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are two "millennial reigns" in literature,

1. one false one in the past, REF: "Book of Enoch"
2. one true future one....REF: Bible

Revelation 20:2-7 (NASB)...Millenial reign of Christ on His Throne in Jerusalem for 1000 years
And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them.
And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand;
and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death (lake of fire) has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.
When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0