Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason you can't stop wanting to sin, is because you are trying to stop wanting to sin.
Fail = TRYING to stop.

Here is the issue...

The LAW, enflames your flesh. It actually causes your flesh to become activated TOWARDS sinning.

See, most believers are taught...>"well, we resist sin and the devil flees"....so, they think..." resist sin and it stops trying to get me to sin".
But notice the verse....."the DEVIL" will flee.
Well, the DEVIL is not your problem for the most part, as its the SIN in you, the wrong desire in your FLESH that DESIRES to sin, that is the REAL issue.
You have to solve THAT.

See, if the Devil was no longer alive, you would still have this issue in your flesh ...which wants to be SATISFIED by sin.
SIN feeds the carnal desire. Carnal desire is an appetite that needs SIN as Spiritual FOOD.
Understand?
So, when you starve your flesh, or when you strive against it, you just make it more hungry for sinning. (carnal spiritual food).
And THIS process, is how the LAW empowers your carnality to become WORSE.
So, to keep on sinning, .. what you do.....is try to STOP in your own power.
And what happens? You become more sin conscious, which leads you to sin more.. and more.
This "sin consciousness", is how the LAW, curses you.....It actually provokes and stimulates your carnal desire to want to sin more.

= The power oF SIN = THE LAW.

How to stop all that is what you have to learn, so that you can stop sinning.

Paul said....
"sin shall not have dominion over you".. = "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".. "you are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE". "if you walk in the Spirit you shall not sin".. "how can the born again, who are dead to sin, continue to sin"?

Understand that if you are "under the law" then you will sin, because "the power of sin is the LAW".
To be under the law, is to try to stop sinning by willpower, or by gritting your teeth and trying not to do it again..
You will fail. and fail. and fail.
And that is why your life is "sinning and repenting, sinning and confessing".

So, you have to get yourself out from under the Law, Reader....
As its by trying to resist sin, in your own power, by WILL< that puts you under the law's dominion that causes you to sin more...and more and more.
The Law is as curse to you... It works like this. =when you try by self effort to stop sinning, the Law will cause you to have more desire to sin.
See that?
That is..>"the curse of the Law".......and "Christ came to REDEEM US from the CURSE of the Law".
So, you have to get out from UNDER that curse..... "we are not under the Law, we are UNDER GRACE".
You have to now LIVE "under GRACE" or you will keep on sinning and repenting and failing.

This means that to stop that cycle, you have to get away from trying to resist sin, and instead live inside the Grace of God = "Under GRACE".
You have to understand that by living IN the Grace of God, you stop striving to do what can't be done, and this allows you to REST from that striving.
Its resting in the Grace of God.. Its coming into mental alignment (the mind of Christ) with the Grace of God, that gives you rest from the consciousness of sin, that FREES YOU FROM it.

How do you live in the Grace of God?
You will find this to be your place of rest, the second you no longer believe that you can lose your salvation.
Once you are THERE MENTALLY, then you have understood GRACE< and God's Grace will now become your sanctuary that allows you to REST from striving against the Law, which is why you keep on sinning and repenting and confessing.
You have to establish your HEART, your entire belief system, on/by = GOD's GRACE and MERCY, and get the CROSS of SELF Righteousness OFF OF YOUR OWN BACK.
Till you do, you will not be able to stop sinning.

You have to live HERE. Hebrews 13:9

Last edited:

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The reason you can't stop wanting to sin, is because you are trying to stop wanting to sin.
Fail = TRYING to stop.

Here is the issue...

The LAW, enflames your flesh. It actually causes your flesh to become activated TOWARDS sinning.

See, most believers are taught...>"well, we resist sin and the devil flees"....so, they think..." resist sin and it stops trying to get me to sin".
But notice the verse....."the DEVIL" will flee.
Well, the DEVIL is not your problem for the most part, as its the SIN in you, the wrong desire in your FLESH that DESIRES to sin, that is the REAL issue.
You have to solve THAT.

See, if the Devil was no longer alive, you would still have this issue in your flesh ...which wants to be SATISFIED by sin.
SIN feeds the carnal desire. Carnal desire is an appetite that needs SIN as Spiritual FOOD.
Understand?
So, when you starve your flesh, or when you strive against it, you just make it more hungry for sinning. (carnal spiritual food).
And THIS process, is how the LAW empowers your carnality to become WORSE.
So, to keep on sinning, .. what you do.....is try to STOP in your own power.
And what happens? You become more sin conscious, which leads you to sin more.. and more.
This "sin consciousness", is how the LAW, curses you.....It actually provokes and stimulates your carnal desire to want to sin more.

= The power oF SIN = THE LAW.

How to stop all that is what you have to learn, so that you can stop sinning.

Paul said....
"sin shall not have dominion over you".. = "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".. "you are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE". "if you walk in the Spirit you shall not sin".. "how can the born again, who are dead to sin, continue to sin"?

Understand that if you are "under the law" then you will sin, because "the power of sin is the LAW".
To be under the law, is to try to stop sinning by willpower, or by gritting your teeth and trying not to do it again..
You will fail. and fail. and fail.
And that is why your life is "sinning and repenting, sinning and confessing".

So, you have to get yourself out from under the Law, Reader....
As its by trying to resist sin, in your own power, by WILL< that puts you under the law's dominion that causes you to sin more...and more and more.
The Law is as curse to you... It works like this. =when you try by self effort to stop sinning, the Law will cause you to have more desire to sin.
See that?
That is..>"the curse of the Law".......and "Christ came to REDEEM US from the CURSE of the Law".
So, you have to get out from UNDER that curse..... "we are not under the Law, we are UNDER GRACE".
You have to now LIVE "under GRACE" or you will keep on sinning and repenting and failing.

This means that to stop that cycle, you have to get away from trying to resist sin, and instead live inside the Grace of God = "Under GRACE".
You have to understand that by living IN the Grace of God, you stop striving to do what can't be done, and this allows you to REST from that striving.
Its resting in the Grace of God.. Its coming into mental alignment (the mind of Christ) with the Grace of God, that gives you rest from the consciousness of sin, that FREES YOU FROM it.

How do you live in the Grace of God?
You will find this to be your place of rest, the second you no longer believe that you can lose your salvation.
Once you are THERE MENTALLY, then you have understood GRACE< and God's Grace will now become your sanctuary that allows you to REST from striving against the Law, which is why you keep on sinning and repenting and confessing.
You have to establish your HEART, your entire belief system, on/by = GOD's GRACE and MERCY, and get the CROSS of SELF Righteousness OFF OF YOUR OWN BACK.

You have to live HERE. Hebrews 13:9
Hi there, this is an interesting post. I will give my house and car to anyone who can go one day without sinning.
Please let me know if you ever hear of anyone, so far of the 50 billion people in human history Christ is the only One who was able to achieve it.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Through the law is the knowledge of sin. We are suppose to establish the law while Holy Spirit writes the law on our heart.

I care what God likes or doesn't like? I care about God's heart. I wouldn't want to break the heart of a loved one.

Galatians 1:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, this is an interesting post. I will give my house and car to anyone who can go one day without sinning.
Please let me know if you ever hear of anyone, so far of the 50 billion people in human history Christ is the only One who was able to achieve it.

Paul said...
"its Christ who always ALWAYS gives us the VICTORY".
= victory over sinning.

Why don't you have it?
Its because you BELIEVE that you will keep sinning, because you have been taught this by people you need to get away from, asap. (and never go back).
If you are sinning and repenting, confessing and sinning, and repenting, all your Christian life, its because you believe WRONG.
Thats the issue.

Paul Literally teaches that sin is now (works of the flesh) and that you can be so far removed from "consciousness of sin", that the only reason you would commit a carnal deed is by CHOICE.......>Not the same as being driven to do it, and having no ability to NOT do it.

See, you are a failed Christian Disciple, as you just defined yourself Dan,...so, don't accuse me....= because you want to keep sinning and repenting, even after Paul told you that you should stop, explained how, and so did i.

You're mind is carnal, when it does not agree that you can have Victory over sin, for the reasons i wrote, and that Paul teaches.

You just denied the power of the Cross, Dan.
Your theology is...."im no different then an unbeliever, except i feel guilty about my sinning, and they dont".

See, when you teach that you can't stop sinning, in Public, as you just did, you are denying that the Grace of God has the power, inherent in the Blood Atonement= to deliver you from your own self professed carnality, Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the best post I've seen in very a long time.

I for one want to see more of this on CF.

Readers....

We live in the age of apostasy.

Many people believe that final apostasy is the "falling away from Christ">
But that is not the end time sign.
The end time sign is Jude 1.
Its that 95% of Christians have "FALLEN from Grace".

See that "fallen", from Galatians?
THATS the apostasy.

See, most of Christianity in '2020, is = "im saving myself". "im trying not to lose my salvation".
"let me teach you that Christ can't keep you saved, but YOU have to keep yourself saved".
= The false gospel of SELF EFFORT. The false gospel of WORKS to stay saved.

Reader......
Now Answer this.
If you knew you were going to DIE in the next 30 seconds......= what are you trusting to GET YOU INTO HEAVEN".
What?
What?
And you know what that is, for most of you? ITS NOT JESUS. Its not the blood of Jesus.
So don't even try to lie.
You are what you BELIEVE.

You are counting on your lifestyle, or your faith, or your enduring, or your commandment keeping, or your Torah, or your church membership.. or your sacrament... or your WATER..

You DO NOT TRUST CHRIST to keep you saved.... You trust SELF SELF SELF Effort.

Look at most of the posts that i receive. = 99% are .."im saving me......me me me me, see my effort, see my works....see MY ABIDING, ....= SELF EFFORT gospel.

So, in these ends times. Most Christians have ripped Jesus off the Nails, and they are on their self righteous Cross trying to keep themselves saved, having NO FAITH in Christ to keep them saved.

They will say......"yes, i know that Christ saved me....but, but, but, i have to....i have to....i have to......i have to....I have to....I have to be sure i dont.....i have to be sure i dont..
See all that?
That is most of you trying to keep yourself saved, because you have NO FAITH In Christ to keep you saved, and you are "fallen from Grace".

This is the "great apostasy" that you find in the world right now, where you can't find 5 believers on a Christian forum who trust in CHRIST ALONE to keep them saved.

Now, come and write to me your symbolic verses about vines and branches and candlesticks, so that you can prove to us all that you are a SELF SAVOR and YOU DO NOT TRUST IN CHRIST to get you to heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are suppose to establish the law while Holy Spirit writes the law on our heart.

The law of GRACE.
"you are not under the LAW.... ((broken fence.)........You are under GRACE".

So, GRACE is the New Testament, the New Covenant, the Blood of Jesus, that recreates us as Born Again.
The Law of GRACE is found, where GOD on the CROSS establishes YOU as "the righteousness of GOD in Christ".

You can't establish anything. But you are to BE established by the Grace of God, and exist within this.. in your MIND., in your Spiritual understanding.
Its the Grace of God that establishes you as "in Christ", and that is the place where you exist now.

="New Creation in Christ".

Reader if you can't understand HOW you can never lose your salvation, its only because your heart is not established by Grace, and your mind is not yet seeing yourself as God has RE-Made you by NEW BIRTH to exist.
Grace is.... God has MADE you Righteous, through the blood of Jesus, and you will remain so always, BECAUSE this Blood Atonement, is ETERNAL.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The law of GRACE.
"you are not under the LAW.... ((broken fence.)........You are under GRACE".

So, GRACE is the New Testament, the New Covenant, the Blood of Jesus, that recreates us as Born Again.
The Law of GRACE is found, where GOD on the CROSS establishes YOU as "the righteousness of GOD in Christ".

You can't establish anything. But you are to BE established by the Grace of God, and exist within this.. in your MIND., in your Spiritual understanding.
Its the Grace of God that establishes you as "in Christ", and that is the place where you exist now.

="New Creation in Christ".

Reader if you can't understand HOW you can never lose your salvation, its only because your heart is not established by Grace, and your mind is not yet seeing yourself as God has RE-Made you by NEW BIRTH to exist.
Grace is.... God has MADE you Righteous, through the blood of Jesus, and you will remain so always, BECAUSE this Blood Atonement, is ETERNAL.
I agree with clarification: you are grounded in grace, while you establish the law through Holy Spirit writing law on your heart.

Upvote 0

TibiasDad

Jun 4, 2020
Pickerington, Oh
✟52,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married

I would suppose that someone in a coma would be able to not sin...they could sell your house and car to pay for their medical bills!

Doug

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Through the law is the knowledge of sin. We are suppose to establish the law while Holy Spirit writes the law on our heart.

I care what God likes or doesn't like? I care about God's heart. I wouldn't want to break the heart of a loved one.

Do you care about God's heart?
Tben never be a carrier of a theology that says that "The finished work of Jesus on the Cross" is only as good as the person's behavior. That God's Grace, is limited to the person's behavior.
Withstand people that teach that God's Grace is limited to the believer's behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suppose that someone in a coma would be able to not sin...they could sell your house and car to pay for their medical bills!

Doug

That you don't understand God's Grace or accept it, or abide in it, has been proven.
We heard you, Doug
Trust me when i tell you that kicking against the Grace of God in public, is not in your best self interest.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is something very interesting about a (subsequent to salvation) work of the flesh, that many would title a "sin".

1.) Setting aside that Romans 4:8 says that a blessing has come to all who are born again, = God does not charge us with our sin in eternity..(Heaven)..

2.) Paul said...."use not your Liberty (in Christ) for an occasion to the FLESH"... paraphrase...."now that you understand that Jesus has your sin, and God does not hold you accountable for them in Eternity (HEaven), because He has already judged Jesus on the Cross for them ALL.. Don't take advantage of this to live a carnal life.

So, beyond understanding all that AMAZING GRACE.... there is this also..:

Every work of the flesh you do, that is a carnal deed...(sin).... as soon as you do it......where is it?
Where?
Its in the PAST.
See, everything you do, is NOW< in... the.... Past..
All the sin you ever committed are in your PAST, even if you committed 456 today.

So, Jesus is 2000 yrs ago on the Cross......YET, this saving Blood of God, this redeeming Blood of Holy Jesus THE Christ, is always paying forward, into the future, FORGIVENESS for all your "sin", (works of the flesh).
This is why when God saved you, on the day He did, He saved you KNOWING you were going to sin more, until you learned how to stop.
Yet, God knowing all this about you, SAVED YOU ANYWAY..
Why would He do that???
See, if you could "willfully sin" yourself into hell later, after you are born again, God would not have saved you because He is smart enough not to waste the blood of Jesus on what is going to go to Hell later...
But, because God knows that He does not charge you for those sins, (works of the flesh) that you commit later......and why? = Because all sin (works of the flesh) are instantly in the PAST where they MEET the eternal Blood of Jesus that is always paying forward its eternal payment of forgiveness and imputed Righteousness.
The Blood of Jesus is always paying into the Future its Redemptive work, while your carnal deeds are always going in the past where they are covered by that Blood that keeps paying forward into eternity, its eternal ATONEMENT.

Upvote 0

TibiasDad

Jun 4, 2020
Pickerington, Oh
✟52,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
That you don't understand God's Grace or accept it, or abide in it, has been proven.
We heard you, Doug
Trust me when i tell you that kicking against the Grace of God in public, is not in your best self interest.

I don't know how you can have anything "proven" as I have never communicated with you, and this will only be my twelfth post on the website in the week or so that I've been here, but I am sure that my single, facetious, post speaks volumes about my spirituality and understanding of grace and soteriology. But besides that, what could you possibly know about me? Anyway, who are you to judge another man's servant? (Rom 14:4)

Doug

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When a Christian has come to repentance (change of heart) they will no longer want to do some of thing things they used to. Yes, they will fall short and sin for rest of their lives. And some habitual sin takes years to overcome but the change of heart is still there so you don't need to keep repenting. I believe we are to still confess our sins.

Besides that Hebrews teaches us once we are saved, we are to move past doctrines of salvation, baptism, eternal judgement, etc and move deeper into the Word. When one has done that, it's gets much easier at times to put the spirit before the flesh. As Paul teaches that's a constant battle. But one should try to continue to mature as a Christian.

I just have one question for you and I'll leave it at that. If a Christian does not forgive someone their trespasses, will God forgive them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When a Christian has come to repentance (change of heart) they will no longer want to do some of thing things they used to. Yes, they will fall short and sin for rest of their lives. And some habitual sin takes years to overcome but the change of heart is still there so you don't need to keep repenting. I believe we are to still confess our sins.

Besides that Hebrews teaches us once we are saved, we are to move past doctrines of salvation, baptism, eternal judgement, etc and move deeper into the Word. When one has done that, it's gets much easier at times to put the spirit before the flesh. As Paul teaches that's a constant battle. But one should try to continue to mature as a Christian.

I just have one question for you and I'll leave it at that. If a Christian does not forgive someone their trespasses, will God forgive them?

I know I was not the one asked, so forgive me please for “ horning in”
Under Law you had to forgive to be forgiven ...
Under Grace, you are “ already” forgiven and the motive for forgiving others is not fear- based any longer.....you should figure if God can forgive a Wretched Sinner such as yourself , why shouldn’t your heart be ready to forgive others?
Speaking of “ forgiveness”, I hope my old friend, Behold, will forgive me for my intrusion......and I hope he is enjoying this Change Of venue as much as I am! God bless......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you should figure if God can forgive a Wretched Sinner such as yourself , why shouldn’t your heart be ready to forgive others?

I don't mind you answering but that wasn't my point exactly. Of course after becoming a Christian your heart should be ready to forgive others.

This is kind of my point. If someone's heart isn't ready to forgive. Because we all know people out there like that. Christians and non Christians.

And if a Christian won't forgive someone, will God forgive them? I know Christians that have grudges.

And the OP (behold) is presuming to know what is in every Christians's mind. That is impossible. Only God is a heart knower. Behold has no clue to the thoughts of every Christian out there. Why they sin, etc. Why they want to continue in sin, etc. Everyone is on their own path, their own journey.

Under Grace, you are “ already” forgiven and the motive for forgiving others is not fear- based any longer.

You think Christ's teaching is fear based and no longer is in effect after he died on the cross? If that's the case, what about his entire ministry? Is it no longer in effect? That doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For many years, I experienced and believed Christianity had no real down side. It was a happy, easy and rewarding life, everyone should jump at.

I use to teach “we (Christians) all sin lots of times and cannot keep from it, but we are constantly being washed by the blood of Christ, so we are without sin in that case.” That was before I met a group of Christians that risked death for themselves and others by sinning, just any sign of not doing what Christ would be doing in that moment. Here is what happened:

I got thrown into (volunteering if needed) with the youth (13-21 age) prisoners program teaching Bible (one hour on Sunday morning to a group of 14 with three other Christians teaching groups of 14) and I was teach three groups of “Christians”. The first group were guys (going to school it is called) that start out causing trouble and getting thrown in the tank. Then they start increasingly attending the Bible services, carrying their Bible, being nice, eventually being baptized and saying they are Christian. By the time the parole board meets they have this glowing report showing continued improvement tied to their increased spirituality and are released and they were fun to teach. These guys still carry weapons, are members of a gang, and every prisoner knows they just “went to school” to get out. The second group were converted before they went to prison (grandma conversions), but would the first day watched raunchy TV, hung with a loss group, laugh at off colored jokes, were not always talking about Jesus and were not trying to convert others. Their first day in prison the snitches see this, the snitches talk to the Bulls that approach these “Christians” saying you are not a Christian (doing everything Christ would do) and make them a slave (often sexual) or at best a gang member. They still come to Bible study on Sunday, good students, so they can tell Granny (who visits them Sunday afternoon) what they learned, but they are slaves (sometimes sexually) to some bull. The third group is fanatical, they stick close to each other, they: study, pray, witness to everyone, and avoid even a hint of insincerity that the snitches could see. They carry no weapons, but step between those that are being beaten especially persecuted. This group had grown over the last 3 years from just a couple of guys to now 42, but it came at a high price. Each convert had on the day he was baptized given up the protection of his gang membership, turned over his weapons along with all his possessions (the gang owns everything including them), they were beaten if not by the gang they left, then by other gangs looking for payback and then they were watch constantly looking for any sign the snitches might interpret as weakness (anything less than what Christ would do in the situation, would result in a beating and it could be to death). There is absolutely no privacy and these Christians never wanted to be found alone. They slept in barracks where at least one stayed awake all night praying over them so they could sleep without the fear of being smashed in the head in the middle of the night. These guys believed and counted on power from the Holy Spirit, I did not know existed. They come battered and bruised each week hungry for some real meaningful Christ like lesson that goes beyond their group study of 40+hours that week on the same subject, which I could not provide. They mostly helped me with my poor example of Christianity and lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom. They mentored me even though they were only Christian for a few months, but I was a poor disciple and could not keep up with them.

They really did not talk about “not sinning”, but what better thing they could be doing each and every minute of the day and night. If they did sin, even with their thoughts, they confessed immediately to everyone (all around so the snitches could hear it also), asking for help, prays and ideas on doing better, yet this was not a daily action for everyone.

It is not so much not wanting to sin, but wanting to be a Christ like Christian (witness). This was not done to please the guards because the guards did not like them witnessing to them and the fact others might beat on them caused them added work to break up the beatings.

Maybe we do not see the Spirit working in us because we quench Him or are not in situations of really needing Him. Severe persecution brings out the Spirit in those who have the Spirit.

I really feel some did go days without sinning or should I say: “Some went days doing stuff the Holy Spirit could participate with them 24 hours.”

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul said...
= victory over sinning.

Why don't you have it?
Its because you BELIEVE that you will keep sinning, because you have been taught this by people you need to get away from, asap. (and never go back).
If you are sinning and repenting, confessing and sinning, and repenting, all your Christian life, its because you believe WRONG.
Thats the issue.

Paul Literally teaches that sin is now (works of the flesh) and that you can be so far removed from "consciousness of sin", that the only reason you would commit a carnal deed is by CHOICE.......>Not the same as being driven to do it, and having no ability to NOT do it.

See, you are a failed Christian Disciple, as you just defined yourself Dan,...so, don't accuse me....= because you want to keep sinning and repenting, even after Paul told you that you should stop, explained how, and so did i.

You're mind is carnal, when it does not agree that you can have Victory over sin, for the reasons i wrote, and that Paul teaches.

Your theology is...."im no different then an unbeliever, except i feel guilty about my sinning, and they dont".

See, when you teach that you can't stop sinning, in Public, as you just did, you are denying that the Grace of God has the power, inherent in the Blood Atonement= to deliver you from your own self professed carnality, Dan
For many years, I experienced and believed Christianity had no real down side. It was a happy, easy and rewarding life, everyone should jump at.

I use to teach “we (Christians) all sin lots of times and cannot keep from it, but we are constantly being washed by the blood of Christ, so we are without sin in that case.” That was before I met a group of Christians that risked death for themselves and others by sinning, just any sign of not doing what Christ would be doing in that moment. Here is what happened:

I got thrown into (volunteering if needed) with the youth (13-21 age) prisoners program teaching Bible (one hour on Sunday morning to a group of 14 with three other Christians teaching groups of 14) and I was teach three groups of “Christians”. The first group were guys (going to school it is called) that start out causing trouble and getting thrown in the tank. Then they start increasingly attending the Bible services, carrying their Bible, being nice, eventually being baptized and saying they are Christian. By the time the parole board meets they have this glowing report showing continued improvement tied to their increased spirituality and are released and they were fun to teach. These guys still carry weapons, are members of a gang, and every prisoner knows they just “went to school” to get out. The second group were converted before they went to prison (grandma conversions), but would the first day watched raunchy TV, hung with a loss group, laugh at off colored jokes, were not always talking about Jesus and were not trying to convert others. Their first day in prison the snitches see this, the snitches talk to the Bulls that approach these “Christians” saying you are not a Christian (doing everything Christ would do) and make them a slave (often sexual) or at best a gang member. They still come to Bible study on Sunday, good students, so they can tell Granny (who visits them Sunday afternoon) what they learned, but they are slaves (sometimes sexually) to some bull. The third group is fanatical, they stick close to each other, they: study, pray, witness to everyone, and avoid even a hint of insincerity that the snitches could see. They carry no weapons, but step between those that are being beaten especially persecuted. This group had grown over the last 3 years from just a couple of guys to now 42, but it came at a high price. Each convert had on the day he was baptized given up the protection of his gang membership, turned over his weapons along with all his possessions (the gang owns everything including them), they were beaten if not by the gang they left, then by other gangs looking for payback and then they were watch constantly looking for any sign the snitches might interpret as weakness (anything less than what Christ would do in the situation, would result in a beating and it could be to death). There is absolutely no privacy and these Christians never wanted to be found alone. They slept in barracks where at least one stayed awake all night praying over them so they could sleep without the fear of being smashed in the head in the middle of the night. These guys believed and counted on power from the Holy Spirit, I did not know existed. They come battered and bruised each week hungry for some real meaningful Christ like lesson that goes beyond their group study of 40+hours that week on the same subject, which I could not provide. They mostly helped me with my poor example of Christianity and lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom. They mentored me even though they were only Christian for a few months, but I was a poor disciple and could not keep up with them.

They really did not talk about “not sinning”, but what better thing they could be doing each and every minute of the day and night. If they did sin, even with their thoughts, they confessed immediately to everyone (all around so the snitches could hear it also), asking for help, prays and ideas on doing better, yet this was not a daily action for everyone.

It is not so much not wanting to sin, but wanting to be a Christ like Christian (witness). This was not done to please the guards because the guards did not like them witnessing to them and the fact others might beat on them caused them added work to break up the beatings.

Maybe we do not see the Spirit working in us because we quench Him or are not in situations of really needing Him. Severe persecution brings out the Spirit in those who have the Spirit.

I really feel some did go days without sinning or should I say: “Some went days doing stuff the Holy Spirit could participate with them 24 hours.”

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Paul said...
= victory over sinning.

Why don't you have it?
Thats the issue.

I'm very different to the unbeliever, as all of my past present and future sins have been paid for by Christ. So I'm 100% guaranteed eternal life in paradise, I already posses eternal life and nothing will snatch it away. I wouldn't exchange it for the world.

My sins won't be counted against me, as they have been taken care of once and for all.

I still have a $1.4 million estate to giveaway to anyone who can abide for a couple of hrs without sinning. I'm not joking, I'm 100% sure that no human has ever been able to achieve the impossible except for Christ who is almighty God.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Doug
A coma can't remove the sin nature, so the person is still dreaming of lustful activity with strange flesh.
If we consider those who give up their time and money to feed the homeless, and any other good works are seen by God as filthy rags then we can imagine how much more dirty grievous sin is in His sight.
Our holiness is as dung, in God's sight. We do good works in order to gain a reward in heaven. So God see that the motive as selfish and wicked, your better off admitting that your a sinner.

The OP is like the Pharisee in Luke 18:9-14, who said "I thank God that I'm not like Dan, the tax collector" :)

• Agree
Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0