Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
It must be very frustrating for you that your imaginary friend is strictly non-interventionist.

"Friend"?

Friends don't keep imaginary friends on a leash and turn them loose on the people who threaten to humble them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go ahead then... you Internet Bible Scholars can try and chase us "Internet Scientists" out any time. Are you guys waiting for an invitation? :p
I didn't say 'chase you out', did I?

You would, in my opinion, leave on your own volition.

(I know I would, anyway.)

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say 'chase you out', did I?

You would, in my opinion, leave on your own volition.

(I know I would, anyway.)

I don't get the difference. If you guys do something to make us decide to leave, how is that different from chasing us out?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't get the difference. If you guys do something to make us decide to leave, how is that different from chasing us out?
Quit begging us to 'chase you out'.

If you want us to start saying GOD DID IT to every question, just say so.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Quit begging us to 'chase you out'.

If you want us to start saying GOD DID IT to every question, just say so.

You've got too much pride to say "I don't know," so, lacking humility or intellectual honesty, what else do you have besides "God did it"?

Nada, zip, ziltch.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi!

I'm working on a personal project and am trying to put together a good idea of what the Earth's biosphere looked like 100yrs after the Flood. My project focuses on Southern Mesopotamia, particularly in the land of Shinar roughly 100 years after the Flood around the time Noah sent his sons to migrate East (Ussher's Chronology).

Correct me if I'm wrong, heres what I'm thinking it looked like: I'm guessing the land would be fertile and look rather fruitful. Since man hadn't migrated yet, plants would have had enough time to grow and spread across the lands, as well as animals having time to reproduce. Large amounts of ice and snow from the north would be supplying the Tigris and Euphrates with a great amount of water thus making the land of Shinar a great place for people to settle. In all, Shinar would have been more fruitful at this time than any other time in history. Am I right?

Here's a big question I have to go with this: Was the Flood salt water? (Having come mostly from within the Earth?) If so, wouldn't that affect the topsoil everywhere, making it difficult to grow anything?

Boiled down, was Shinar a fertile land covered in palm trees and flowing with fresh water, or was it salty and barren?

NOTE: this will not be a thread for Creation/Evolution debate, I wish to speak with only believers. Thank You.

Very interesting. Would like to know why 100 years after the flood....

Also see here - http://creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter14.pdf for some research done on the flood.

From a general perspective, John Woodmorappe would be good to look at, and also you might want to get a look at this paper here "There are three important international collaborative projects. First is the Flood model project with U.S. creationists Drs Steve Austin, John Baumgardner, Russ Humphreys, Larry Vardiman, and Kurt Wise. We are trying to build a comprehensive understanding of the geological data from a biblical perspective of earth history centred on what happened during the Flood, and before and after, up until the present day. We have suggested that catastrophic plate tectonics may provide a suitable mechanism for earth movements and tectonic activity, continental “sprint” (rather than “drift”), and patterns of sedimentation and volcanic activity during the Flood event. So we presented a preliminary paper on the topic at the Third International Conference on Creationism in Pittsburgh in 1994. Our model still has problems to overcome, but we remain confident it will prove to be workable and unifying."
Andrew Snelling, geology (In Six Days)

Also...see from a list of Geological articles on here...I would recommend Kurt Wise's work -
Kurt Wise “Completeness of the Fossil Record”

Kurt Wise “Punc Eq Creation Style”

Kurt Wise “What Explains the Cambrian Explosion?”Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: A Global Flood Model of Earth History - is an abstract of the article in question.

I certainly admire your interest in this area of Science, and hope that you will be successful in your endeavors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Catastrophic plate tectonics is complete nonsense. It does not correctly predict the depth profile of the oceans
THE DEPTHS OF THE OCEANS

If this model were correct one would expect a different profile of rock types on the ocean floor indicating rapid but not slow cooling. I have commented on that on this board but I will need to find the link but if this model which I often call the boiling flood model had occured there would be evidence and that evidence would be no life on earth.

http://www.christianforums.com/t60449/

Added in edit
Here is a link to a post from Joe Meert discussing the falsification of CPT due to the nature of rocks on the ocea floor.
http://www.christianforums.com/t58949-7/#post1114072

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Very interesting. Would like to know why 100 years after the flood....

Also see here - http://creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter14.pdf for some research done on the flood.
This is complete bunk. It is based primarily on the fallacy of hasty generalization. There are some species of plants whose seeds can survive prolonged immersion in sea water. This does not mean that all or nearly all can. There are some whose seeds definitely can't survive immersion in sea water such as the southern beech. Why do the still exist?
There are a few species of fish that can survive some changes in salinity but anyone who knows that subject will tell you that many fish species are very sensitive to having the correct salinity. I could go on but you should get the point by now.
From a general perspective, John Woodmorappe would be good to look at, .
I have a book by John Woodmorappe (aka Jan Peczkis). It is called Noah's Ark a Feasibility Study. I find it good to look at when I need a good laugh at the expense of creation "scientists". One of my favorite bits has to do with teaching cows to pee and poop in buckets. He has obviously never been near a farm! I also find it very amusing when he quotes something by Peczkis as a reference without revealing that he IS Peczkis. Very strange.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian

And another one by John Baumgardner in Science
(bolding added)
Time Scales and Heterogeneous Structure in Geodynamic Earth Models
Hans-Peter Bunge, * Mark A. Richards, Carolina Lithgow-Bertelloni, John R. Baumgardner, Stephen P. Grand, Barbara A. Romanowicz Science 1998 April 3; 280: 91-95
Abstract:
Computer models of mantle convection constrained by the history of Cenozoic and Mesozoic plate motions explain some deep-mantle structural heterogeneity imaged by seismic tomography, especially those related to subduction. They also reveal a 150-million-year time scale for generating thermal heterogeneity in the mantle, comparable to the record of plate motion reconstructions, so that the problem of unknown initial conditions can be overcome. The pattern of lowermost mantle structure at the core-mantle boundary is controlled by subduction history, although seismic tomography reveals intense large-scale hot (low-velocity) upwelling features not explicitly predicted by the models.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Catastrophic plate tectonics is complete nonsense. It does not correctly predict the depth profile of the oceans
THE DEPTHS OF THE OCEANS

If this model were correct one would expect a different profile of rock types on the ocean floor indicating rapid but not slow cooling. I have commented on that on this board but I will need to find the link but if this model which I often call the boiling flood model had occured there would be evidence and that evidence would be no life on earth.

http://www.christianforums.com/t60449/

Added in edit
Here is a link to a post from Joe Meert discussing the falsification of CPT due to the nature of rocks on the ocea floor.
http://www.christianforums.com/t58949-7/#post1114072

In order to evaluate the CPT model, you need to look at rock much much deeper than the oceanic crust.

Or, you may simply watch the movie 2012 to appreciate the effect of CPT.

Upvote 0