✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Soooooo....i finally sees it.....

This much to-do build up for this tv program that was s'posed to be phenomenal....

this:

The-Walking-Dead-Companion-TV-Show-Series-Announced.jpg

Ok, i didn't catch the first episode that came on last week...i caught the 2nd episode....out of curiosity i watched it.....

and.....

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...actually i only caught parts of the 2nd episode...i was switching between 3-4 stations....^_^

the parts i caught were mostly peoples arguing a lot....

just wonderin' if anybody has seen it and if yu liked it, or didn't....

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
...why'd yu like it?
4chsmu1.gif

I found it entertaining. It's kinda soap opera-y after season 1 and I get sucked into those. Plus, zombies. I watch everything that has zombies in it, which sometimes leaves me disappointed, but mostly it's been worth it.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Everything lol.

I don't want to watch them sit around a farm all day making daisy chains lol. I want action!

that's the gist of it? They pretty much just sat around most of the time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I found it entertaining. It's kinda soap opera-y after season 1 and I get sucked into those. Plus, zombies. I watch everything that has zombies in it, which sometimes leaves me disappointed, but mostly it's been worth it.

LOL! soap-opera-y?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL! soap-opera-y?

It is. There is a lot of interpersonal drama going on.

There is a lot of "sitting around" because this isn't a two hour production where you need to cram a lot of action in and keep things moving for a fast story. There is a lot of time and just having the characters run from one zombie encounter to the next doesn't make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny View Post
that's the gist of it? They pretty much just sat around most of the time?

The vast majority of the next seasons are them just sitting around, yup.

Ummmm, that's a bit diff'rent than the title of it isn't it? ^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny View Post
LOL! soap-opera-y?

It is. There is a lot of interpersonal drama going on.

There is a lot of "sitting around" because this isn't a two hour production where you need to cram a lot of action in and keep things moving for a fast story. There is a lot of time and just having the characters run from one zombie encounter to the next doesn't make a lot of sense.

I see what'cha mean about it being soap-opera-y :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The show explores how people change when put into hopeless situations. I find it interesting as an examination of people's true nature. Some continue to move forward with hope, some become truly ruthless monsters and bigger threats than the zombies, and some are caught somewhere in the middle, doing things they never imagined to survive.
There are a number of episodes with a lot of action like last week's Season 5 opener.
I am not sure which episode you watched, since S5E2 comes out this week.
Here is a link to this season's opener:
The Walking Dead - AMC - Full Episodes

Upvote 0

wgjones3

\0/ Still praising God...
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟9,215.00
Faith
Christian
I just started watching last fall, after refusing to watch the entire time I lived with my roommates because, well, I couldn't see how a show about killing zombies could possibly be entertaining and every episode I saw them watching was stupid.

Besides, that part in the first few minutes of the first episode where that little girl turns out to be a zombie and Rick shoots her in the head got me too upset to finish watching the episode. I've watched four seasons and it still bothers me to go back and see it.

What I ended up liking is that the show is about the community the survivors form way more than it is about the zombies. Like someone above mentioned, it's about how people change in a lawless world, how they adapt, how they define morality. In a lot of ways, it reminds me of Breaking Bad.

Season two was actually my favorite season. I hated it when they got to the prison, I was very glad when they left the prison (trying not to spoil). As for season 5, I think the jury is still out on it. Last weeks episode S5E03 was horrible IMO, but I had a migraine all day and into the night. I've liked the other two episodes this season so far.

Side note, the way they keep "rotting" the zombies, it won't be long before they all just fall apart on their own. What then? Will civilization flourish? I think that's my biggest question right now.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The very thing that got me dis-interested was the "community" and focusing on the squabblings and such, of the people in it, and yes, i was starting to see that these peoples were quite possibly worse than da zombies LOL!.....those petty li'l squabbblings are just boooooring, mon.

What i find interesting is the ads i had seen of this show focused on just clips of the zombies (especially effective was when the guy gets out of the hospital bed, falls, calls for a nurse, and there is no answer, and then the hall....there, at the end of it were two forboding doors with something written kinda' scrawl-ly and then hands come creepin' through the cracks of the door, that is held shut by chains......

Then i watched the episode and there they were, these people...well frankly they wuz just irritating LOL!

They were starting to remind me of the dynamics in "Lord of the Flies"

Last edited:
Upvote 0