The Walk-in Freezer at Reilly's Pub (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
Originally posted by Stormy
You openly bash and you quietly apologize??

ASheep will that be your only comment? :)) )

You both were much more free with your words when you were hurting then now.

But I am me, and Annabel and Wolseley are of a more refined nature.

I would at least demand an open forum apology and 100 Hail Marys. :)
Susan and I only pray to God, not to humans. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
You know its easier to just call someone anti-something then to examine their words.

You have to remember I RECENTLY LEFT, and have my reasons for doing so.

The fact that no one is willing to examine things is kind of scary.

I havent started posts yet because havent made decision on how much I will post here.

The censorship here seems very HIGH. I can understand not wanting people to mock and put down others...but this doesnt make sense:

To use specific examples, you said you were planning on posting the Pope's interfaith stuff which I assume is simliar to your RR post "Pope: Unbelievers saved if they live a just life".

Some of your statements from that thread that would *NOT* be allowed here even in the P,C, J meeting place:

quote:

They insult Christ's gospel with this stuff.

quote:

The "fullness" of salvation is a lying term and one of those many vague terms that when yout down to it has NO REAL MEANING.

And perhaps:

quote:

This man [the Pope] is going to be responsible for leading MILLIONS of souls away from Christ.

IF those are MY BELIEFS and I am EXPRESSING them in a polite fashion what is wrong with that? I do feel the gospel is insulted. I do feel the "fullness" of salvation is a misleading term and as for the Pope, I felt I had to reject Unitarian-Universalism twice. Its as if the Pope is beyond criticism. I am not name-calling or mocking. I am expressing my BELIEFS.

Ive delayed posting here more because I wanted to see how this place was run, but it is basically a Catholic ecumenical board. SInce I am not an ecumenicalist or interfaithist, its true I wouldnt fit in here. I do not support the EFC. But its scary that those like leftists who espouse so much "tolerance" really dont allow the free exchange of ideas.

"Going along to get along" has its failings.

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic

I am not name-calling or mocking.

You certainly are. If you cannot see how "They insult Christ's gospel with this stuff" is insulting to me and all Catholics, then you probably will not fit in well on this board.

If you think it's censorship or whatever, that's fine -- no one is making you post here. If you are trying to preach to Catholics or convert them, CF is not the place to do that.

Its as if the Pope is beyond criticism.

Certainly not. But saying that the Pope is going to lead millions of souls to hell is a judgment call that you are not qualified to make, and it's questioning our salvation -- another no-no on the board.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Catholics love to examine things.  Read some Aquinas sometime.  :)

IF those are MY BELIEFS and I am EXPRESSING them in a polite fashion what is wrong with that? I do feel the gospel is insulted. I do feel the "fullness" of salvation is a misleading term and as for the Pope, I felt I had to reject Unitarian-Universalism twice. Its as if the Pope is beyond criticism. I am not name-calling or mocking. I am expressing my BELIEFS.

You are not expressing whatever the underlying belief is, which I think would be fine (although I am no veteran of the forum).  What you are expressing is an opinion about someone else's beliefs.  Simply presenting your own should be sufficient, if they are true and inspired by God.  There is nothing remotely polite about calling someone else's beliefs an insult to God.  What you reject in your own conscience is your own business, but don't feel the need to reject it for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know its easier to just call someone anti-something then to examine their words.

I havent started posts yet because havent made decision on how much I will post here.

The censorship here seems very HIGH.

Ive delayed posting here more because I wanted to see how this place was run, but it is basically a Catholic ecumenical board. SInce I am not an ecumenicalist or interfaithist, its true I wouldnt fit in here. I do not support the EFC. But its scary that those like leftists who espouse so much "tolerance" really dont allow the free exchange of ideas.
You complain about no one wanting to examine things here, about censorship, about the stifling of the free exchange of ideas, and then you run off and cry about how closed-minded we are on a board like Rapture Ready?!?!?!?!??

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary; if you want to see stifling of the free exchange of ideas and censorship, there's the place to go.
eek.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Originally posted by Budge

The censorship here seems very HIGH. I can understand not wanting people to mock and put down others...but this doesnt make sense:

"Going along to get along" has its failings.

Budge,

Coming from one that has lurked for awhile on this and other christian and catholic boards, I can tell you that this board in particular is not as tough as you think it is. Infact I find them to be to lenient at times and to libral in letting some anti Catholics get away with some of their hate posts.

In comparison to other exclusive Catholic boards, you would not last but one post on most, so consider yourself blessed to be able to be so free to express your hatred toward the church on this one. Cf has been most generous to you in this regard.

The boards that you are used to posting on are NOT catholic or Catholic shared boards so of course you will have the floor on those, but you have to understand you have to share the floor now and you should have respect in choosing your words carfully and understand if you want to take Catholics on, on their own soil, then be prepared to take what comes and that will be a lot of putting you in your place.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the things I really like about CF is the comparative fairness; I really haven't seen this kind of evenhandedness anywhere else. It suggests to me that this is a better forum for real fellowship among the whole body of Christ than most forums that want to "pick sides".

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Originally posted by seebs
One of the things I really like about CF is the comparative fairness; I really haven't seen this kind of evenhandedness anywhere else. It suggests to me that this is a better forum for real fellowship among the whole body of Christ than most forums that want to "pick sides".

That's because this board is for all sides not only one side. On a only catholic board or a only baptist board they have the right to show someone the door if they are doggin on their Church. I don't find that kind of attitude here. I find it to be very libral in letting all faiths express their views, no matter how annoying some of us find they are.

Hate and views are not the same and it seems there have been some that are mad because they can not be allowed to express hate.

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by chelcb

I find it to be very libral in letting all faiths express their views, no matter how annoying some of us find they are. 

Hey, that's why I'm a Compassionate Conservative ;)

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I don't get it. Budge says that she is done with the Catholic Church. She has left it! Then why is that all she still wants to talk about. Everyone of her post has been on the Catholic forum. Surely she would rather spend her time with those that support her new church. Or is she just here to stir things up? Do people get some sort of weird thrill by throwing stones?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.