Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
- You are in the Semper Forum -

Wowzers! The Catholic Church has been struggling for years. Does Roman Catholicism exist outside of forums, Trad Cat youtube videos and other enclaves?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zippy2006

Dixibehr50

Sep 16, 2019
Phoenix
✟16,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate

Wowzers! The Catholic Church has been struggling for years. Does Roman Catholicism exist outside of forums, Trad Cat youtube videos and other enclaves?

I'm not too sure what you mean by this.

Are you?

If so, can you explain what you mean?

And what does "Semper forum" mean?

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican

Be careful that you do not gloat too much. This is not only happening to the Catholic Church, but to Protestant Churches. Except for some megachurches Protestantism is in decline. The growth in megachurches is mostly Protestants in older churches migrating to the megachurches - so its not really helping Protestantism to grow. The largest religion in our time is "None of the Above".

Also, I am a great fan of Michael Voris and the Church Militant. I am a paid member and I am still a faithful Catholic. If you had watched the other episodes, and videos by Taylor Marshal who is a friend of Voris', who would have a deeper understanding what is happening.

In the 1930's, there was a Russian spy sent here to infiltrate our media, universities, newspapers, and churches - especially the Catholic Church! Stalin commisioned Bella Dodd to plant 1,100 spies to infiltrate our seminaries. And some became very powerful in the Church and recruited others who would help them to ruin the Church.

This infiltration shows one thing - Stalin felt threatened by the Church. He would not have expended so much resources unless he felt threatened by the Church. But even if you do not buy this, our ultimate adversary is Satan. And he will work the hardest on those who threaten him the most. Even one of Jesus' closest disciples was of the Devil. And Jesus warned us of an infiltration - there will be wolves in sheep's clothing. This will especially happen in the last days.

So your thread proves nothing. God promised that there always will be a remnant. Michael Voris has said many times that the Church will be triumphant, but will probably not happen in our lifetime. He is only saying that a change here and there will not be enough. We are in for a long battle! This is nothing different from what Paul wrote:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:12

If your church is not experiencing this battle then maybe it is because it has stopped fighting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Good point. Go to a Catholic Mass and you will see Catholics.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Be careful that you do not gloat too much. This is not only happening to the Catholic Church, but to Protestant Churches. Except for some megachurches Protestantism is in decline. The growth in megachurches is mostly Protestants in older churches migrating to the megachurches - so its not really helping Protestantism to grow. The largest religion in our time is "None of the Above".

Also, I am a great fan of Michael Voris and the Church Militant. I am a paid member and I am still a faithful Catholic. If you had watched the other episodes, and videos by Taylor Marshal who is a friend of Voris', who would have a deeper understanding what is happening.

In the 1930's, there was a Russian spy sent here to infiltrate our media, universities, newspapers, and churches - especially the Catholic Church! Stalin commisioned Bella Dodd to plant 1,100 spies to infiltrate our seminaries. And some became very powerful in the Church and recruited others who would help them to ruin the Church.

This infiltration shows one thing - Stalin felt threatened by the Church. He would not have expended so much resources unless he felt threatened by the Church. But even if you do not buy this, our ultimate adversary is Satan. And he will work the hardest on those who threaten him the most. Even one of Jesus' closest disciples was of the Devil. And Jesus warned us of an infiltration - there will be wolves in sheep's clothing. This will especially happen in the last days.

So your thread proves nothing. God promised that there always will be a remnant. Michael Voris has said many times that the Church will be triumphant, but will probably not happen in our lifetime. He is only saying that a change here and there will not be enough. We are in for a long battle! This is nothing different from what Paul wrote:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:12

If your church is not experiencing this battle then maybe it is because it has stopped fighting.
No one is gloating I'm just pointing out that Catholicism is not as unified as it is often claimed.

jm

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good point. Go to a Catholic Mass and you will see Catholics.

I see belly shirts, flip flops and people on their phones whenever I've attended a Mass. When John Paul visited Toronto I was given bus tickets to go. I witnessed teens making out on blankets half dressed.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see belly shirts, flip flops and people on their phones whenever I've attended a Mass. When John Paul visited Toronto I was given bus tickets to go. I witnessed teens making out on blankets half dressed.

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Don't forget folks this isn't the Catholic forum but the Semper forum.

Yours,

jm

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

"He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' But he said, 'No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' But he said, 'No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

the_papist_devil_ego_sum_papa_i_am_the_pope_-_from_a_reformation_handbill_against_pope_alexander_vi.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
No one is gloating I'm just pointing out that Catholicism is not as unified as it is often claimed.

jm

You cannot avoid charlatans being in your midst. When we point out the disunity among Protestants, we are not talking about charlatans causing schisms. Jesus said that we will have wolves in sheep's clothing. As John wrote, they left us because they were never of us.

I am talking about schisms among Christians who sincerely love God. John Wesley told George Whitfield "Your God is my Devil!". Both Wesley and Whitfield loved God, but their difference is so strong that Wesley accused Whitfield of having the Devil as his God! Charles Ryrie accused John Macarthur of preaching a false gospel, and yet both are respected within Protestant Evangelism. No Evangelical would say that any of these men were charlatans. Some Evangelicals would say that speaking in tongues are of the devil. Some would not.

However, the charlatans that have infiltrated the Catholic Church are definitely wolves in sheep's clothing. In many ways, they are seeking to make the Catholic Church to be more Protestant. The want an easy salvation, sometimes even easier than Luther's. Some say that we have a reasonable hope that EVERYONE will be saved! Others say that Luther was right on justification. They succeeded in making of most the Masses to be more Protestant - not much different than a Lutheran or an Anglican service. In fact, most of the Protestants would probably consider these to be the good guys, and the ones who want to hold to Catholic tradition are the charlatans. There is one problem in thinking this way: Those who are seeking to make the Church more Protestant are so the ones who have been involved in molesting boys or covering up the molesters. There is not one credible incident where a Traditional churchman has been accused of this. All are the Protestantizers within the Church.

Why is that? Because the Traditional Catholics still hold onto that old-time religion of the fear of God. The Traditional Catholics believe that they will one day stand before the judgment seat of Christ and will have to account for what they did, whether good or bad. The Protestantizer have no worries. They can molest boys or lie or cover up as much as they want because they believe that all will go to heaven or that as long as they believe they will be OK.

So if the the ones who are sympathetic to Protestantism are the ones behind the moral corruption in the Catholic Church, this to me does not bode well for Protestantism itself. This is not to say that are good Protestant people. I have met some wonderful Protestants. But scandals are hitting Protestantism as well. And the common denominator among both Protestants and Catholics who are guilty of this is the lack of the fear of God.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Closed Permanently
Goading.
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF -- That includes Catholics. Safe Havens are not exempt from Sitewide rules.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.