Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The voice said that? Well then yeah, that's your best friend talking to you. I'd ask Him what to do in every situation!
No, the voice didn't say that.

The voice in my head is unconventional.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what I don't understand, why do Christians get wrapped up in other peoples salvation?
For the same reason people who work to prevent a terrible thing happening to anybody whether it's smoking, drugs, drinking, seatbelts in cars, environmental issues, work place safety etc etc, and also salvation from eternal death.
Because they care?

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For the same reason people who work to prevent a terrible thing happening to anybody whether it's smoking, drugs, drinking, seatbelts in cars, environmental issues, work place safety etc etc, and also salvation from eternal death.
Because they care?
I think they rationalise it that way, but it is not the same thing. Because salvation has to be a free will choice, right. If someone is pressuring you or (Trying to prevent you from going to hell) Then they are diminishing your free will choice, and tampering with your decision making. I think a choice is best made with no outside interference.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think they rationalise it that way, but it is not the same thing. Because salvation has to be a free will choice, right. If someone is pressuring you or (Trying to prevent you from going to hell) Then they are diminishing your free will choice, and tampering with your decision making. I think a choice is best made with no outside interference.
Yeah, I agree, the pressure thing is not of God and tends to push more people away. I can't help but feel that if believers in general put as much effort into simply displaying the Love of Christ to the world as they do into the flapping of the mouth then perhaps we might see more people who understand and desire the Love of God.
On the other hand, many people I meet seem to think that by simply sharing a strong opinion a person is pressuring them.
I have to maintain a silence when I go to work simply because of this thin skinned and intolerant attitude from almost everyone I live and work with.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, between my voice and it's voice maybe I myself picked out Christianity over all the religions.
I asked if that voice lead you to the Person of Jesus not Christianity.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear a voice in my head, it is a small voice that is neither male nor female. Yes I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but that is only a label, a formality. I have had this small voice since I was a young child, talking to me like a friend, encouraging me, going on my loopy journey with me through a mad world. In the past when things became dark, the voice was still there, calling me out of my darkness.

If I was with God the voice was there, if I was against God the voice was there, the voice never left me for one minute, and even with the Anti-Psychotic medication the voice was still there.
If I was ever homeless the voice would steer me to a home, if I was ever jobless the voice would steer me to a job, if I was ever poor the voice would steer me to food, clothes and much much more.

When I was ever I was in danger the voice would take me far away to safety, and when I fell it would pick me up from the ground.
I read your post twice. And was thinking to myself, it seems you are happy with this voice and it doesn't bother you or cause you trouble. So the question is, did you post this to simply make a statement (which is fine if you did )? OR were you asking an opinion or help with the voice? I just didn't want to respond without understanding your situation correctly. My apologies if I missed the mark, it is kinda late and I'm just a tad bit sleepy :yawn:

• Agree
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I read your post twice. And was thinking to myself, it seems you are happy with this voice and it doesn't bother you or cause you trouble. So the question is, did you post this to simply make a statement (which is fine if you did )? OR were you asking an opinion or help with the voice? I just didn't want to respond without understanding your situation correctly. My apologies if I missed the mark, it is kinda late and I'm just a tad bit sleepy :yawn:
I have no idea, I just like to share my life experiences.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I asked if that voice lead you to the Person of Jesus not Christianity.
Well it doesn't matter to me, but why does it matter to you. Would you like me to work out an answer? Then what will happen to you.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it doesn't matter to me, but why does it matter to you. Would you like me to work out an answer? Then what will happen to you.
Just making a statement and then I will go
These words I recognize as a voice of woe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You posted under 'struggles by non christians', so I assumed it was a struggle you had. Sorry for my attempt to help.

Upvote 0