Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I hear a voice in my head, it is a small voice that is neither male nor female. Yes I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but that is only a label, a formality. I have had this small voice since I was a young child, talking to me like a friend, encouraging me, going on my loopy journey with me through a mad world. In the past when things became dark, the voice was still there, calling me out of my darkness.

If I was with God the voice was there, if I was against God the voice was there, the voice never left me for one minute, and even with the Anti-Psychotic medication the voice was still there.
If I was ever homeless the voice would steer me to a home, if I was ever jobless the voice would steer me to a job, if I was ever poor the voice would steer me to food, clothes and much much more.

When I was ever I was in danger the voice would take me far away to safety, and when I fell it would pick me up from the ground.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear a voice in my head, it is a small voice that is neither male nor female. Yes I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but that is only a label, a formality. I have had this small voice since I was a young child, talking to me like a friend, encouraging me, going on my loopy journey with me through a mad world. In the past when things became dark, the voice was still there, calling me out of my darkness.

If I was with God the voice was there, if I was against God the voice was there, the voice never left me for one minute, and even with the Anti-Psychotic medication the voice was still there.
If I was ever homeless the voice would steer me to a home, if I was ever jobless the voice would steer me to a job, if I was ever poor the voice would steer me to food, clothes and much much more.

When I was ever I was in danger the voice would take me far away to safety, and when I fell it would pick me up from the ground.
Are you now over age 21? Can you "see" the voice? How old were you when you first heard it? Has it always been a kind voice? Is it 24/7, even when sleeping?

Have you ever been factually homeless? Jobless? Poor? In danger?

Do you take your anti-psychotic medications faithfully? How old were you when your M.D. first prescribed them?

Upvote 0

Richard161171

May 7, 2017
london
✟16,467.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Guardian Angels voice.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sounds very familiar to the still small voice that I have also had much of my life, and I have never been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Nevertheless we should test the spirit of the things we hear and see:

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood. (1 John 4)

• Agree
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think it's important for you to identify the voice. As Anguspure already aptly noted, test those Spirits. That's very easy to do actually. When the voice speaks, ask it; Did Jesus Christ come in the flesh?
That will tell you if the spirit is friend or foe.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did the voice ever lead you to Calvary to Jesus Christ and His death for your sins?

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Are you now over age 21? Can you "see" the voice? How old were you when you first heard it? Has it always been a kind voice? Is it 24/7, even when sleeping?

Have you ever been factually homeless? Jobless? Poor? In danger?

Do you take your anti-psychotic medications faithfully? How old were you when your M.D. first prescribed them?
How old? I don't remember, but young like 8 or 9.
Yes I've been homeless and jobless and gone without food and in danger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Sounds very familiar to the still small voice that I have also had much of my life, and I have never been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Nevertheless we should test the spirit of the things we hear and see:

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood. (1 John 4)
It identifies with Jesus, but then it identifies with my enemies too.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How old? I don't remember, but young like 8 or 9.
Yes I've been homeless and jobless and gone without food and in danger.
Your avatar is interesting. What does it convey, to you?

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think it's important for you to identify the voice. As Anguspure already aptly noted, test those Spirits. That's very easy to do actually. When the voice speaks, ask it; Did Jesus Christ come in the flesh?
That will tell you if the spirit is friend or foe.
Yeah Jesus came in the flesh, historically, spiritually yeah, Godly?

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Did the voice ever lead you to Calvary to Jesus Christ and His death for your sins?
I don't know, between my voice and it's voice maybe I myself picked out Christianity over all the religions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It identifies with Jesus, but then it identifies with my enemies too.
Interesting. The voice I've heard has challenged me and convicted me at times, called me out on my own stupidity and conceit on occasion, and yes has challenged me on my attitude towards people that I have in my life that are against me. But it has never agreed with those who would destroy me, that was another voice that occurred at one point in my life, that I have associated with depression and that I have never heard again since I told it to leave (by the authority of Christ Jesus of course).

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Interesting. The voice I've heard has challenged me and convicted me at times, called me out on my own stupidity and conceit on occasion, and yes has challenged me on my attitude towards people that I have in my life that are against me. But it has never agreed with those who would destroy me, that was another voice that occurred at one point in my life, that I have associated with depression and that I have never heard again since I told it to leave (by the authority of Christ Jesus of course).
By the authority of Jesus Christ!? I have worn that guys name out.

• Winner
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the authority of Jesus Christ!? I have worn that guys name out.
Do you live in and identify with His authority as well as saying it? The name of Jesus carries an identity of a real person and it is that identity, that person, who has the authority.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Do you live in and identify with His authority as well as saying it? The name of Jesus carries an identity of a real person and it is that identity, that person, who has the authority.
You know what I don't understand, why do Christians get wrapped up in other peoples salvation?

Upvote 0