hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I'm really not sure what to believe about it. But the people who are panicking and crashing the stock market do kind of force a response from the rest of us, even if we are totally calm about it all.

And yes, I do agree certain Democrats are trying to encourage panic. I mean, New York Governor Cuomo saying don't be calm, but be realistic? Seriously? And in my office place it's the outspoken democrats who are talking about it all day, reading every news article out loud, stockpiling goods and getting the rest of the workers worried. It's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps it is best, as always, to believe what is written in the Bible ?

Including "have no anxiety about anything" ?

And "all men are liars?" regarding society... deception world wide ?
Agreed. For perspective the pig flu killed over 1000 in the us and 160000 people were sick all over yet no panic and here we are with this there are 129,000 sick - only 1000 here and 40 deaths and 70,000 worldwide have recovered it is not that bad.

Upvote 0

Bdiddie54

Jun 18, 2018
Grand Rapids
✟10,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We all know by now the absolute panic created by the media are the virus. My question is how many do you all think really trust in God during all this? With all the panic I would say a small amount. While we treat the virus seriously we should not panic and be frightened as believers unless we are not and think we are.
For me. When I think about what is going on in general. Honestly my mind doesn't really know how to take it in. I do my best to just trust the Lord. It is easy to let it get the best of you at times. What really helps me though is just focusing on helping others at this time. Mainly just being someone to talk to. Does help that I have my dad and oldest brother to be there for and to have my focus on. Need to remember this isn't the first thing like this our world has gone through. Only difference is it is easier for things to spread these days because of the availability of travel. Not that I put my hope in man. But I trust the Lord that this will get handled. We can only do so much we must remember and do out best with what the Lord has given us. Just do our best to love one another and to just be there for one another.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For me. When I think about what is going on in general. Honestly my mind doesn't really know how to take it in. I do my best to just trust the Lord. It is easy to let it get the best of you at times. What really helps me though is just focusing on helping others at this time. Mainly just being someone to talk to. Does help that I have my dad and oldest brother to be there for and to have my focus on. Need to remember this isn't the first thing like this our world has gone through. Only difference is it is easier for things to spread these days because of the availability of travel. Not that I put my hope in man. But I trust the Lord that this will get handled. We can only do so much we must remember and do out best with what the Lord has given us. Just do our best to love one another and to just be there for one another.
Yeah if I had the means I would stockpile some goods for others in case they run out, but my budget doesn't like that idea. ^_^ I think I got an email yesterday from just about every company I have an account with talking about how they disinfect their stores every day and trained their staff. It's rare to see such a combined effort these days. Reminds me a little of the support the whole country gave to the military during WWII, as far as it permeating every aspect of life.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We all know by now the absolute panic created by the media are the virus. My question is how many do you all think really trust in God during all this? With all the panic I would say a small amount. While we treat the virus seriously we should not panic and be frightened as believers unless we are not and think we are.

I rest assured that all things are under the providence of God, including this epidemic. He predetermined that this would occur, and now he has brought it to pass, for whatever purpose he had in mind. It isn't some accident that God was unaware of, but rather he has a work in it that we may not fully understand right now. It is in his hands, from beginning to end, so do not be afraid.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I rest assured that all things are under the providence of God, including this epidemic. He predetermined that this would occur, and now he has brought it to pass, for whatever purpose he had in mind. It isn't some accident that God was unaware of, but rather he has a work in it that we may not fully understand right now. It is in his hands, from beginning to end, so do not be afraid.
People fear the unknown. :(

Upvote 0

Bdiddie54

Jun 18, 2018
Grand Rapids
✟10,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
indeed

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums