Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
masked_man_Fotor.jpg

The virus is a big threat

The reason I believe that the COVID-19 virus is not overblown is that in a matter of a few months we have had over 150,000 deaths. Also, perhaps we are at the beginning of second-wave, or the end of the first, I am not sure. Unless people stop fighting over the 'mask' issue I believe we will lose many more people.

In every country where they opened back up, there was a surge, a big one, the United States is a case in point. I do not believe that wearing a mask or not wear a mask is a problem of big government taking over. It is like wearing a seat belt when driving,

seat belts save lives. To drive without a seat belt is foolish, no matter what reason someone gives. for not using one.
So with the mask, and social distancing. It works, just do it. If those who are against wearing masks are right, it will come out in the near future, however, if they are wrong, the death toll will continue to climb, and the unmaskers may be the death of loved ones, which could have been avoided.

Not sure if I will survive this, with my age and all, but in the meantime, we need to work together, this fighting over 'everything' is really getting absurd to the 10th power.--Br.MD

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the administration's briefings both Dr. Birx and Adm. Brett Giroir have correctly pinpointed the key things, and made the language simple enough:

wear a mask (when out in public or with non-household members closer than 6 feet away)
wash hands,
and avoid crowds.

Dr. Birx just 2 days ago:
avoid super spreading events (such as bars or big house parties)
and extra steps too if you have elderly people in your home

If people would avoid super spreading events and also wear masks well (especially indoors!), the virus would be controlled.

View attachment 282236

The reason I believe that the COVID-19 virus is not overblown is that in a matter of a few months we have had over 150,000 deaths. Also, perhaps we are at the beginning of second-wave, or the end of the first, I am not sure. Unless people stop fighting over the 'mask' issue I believe we will lose many more people.

In every country where they opened back up, there was a surge, a big one, the United States is a case in point. I do not believe that wearing a mask or not wear a mask is a problem of big government taking over. It is like wearing a seat belt when driving,

seat belts save lives. To drive without a seat belt is foolish, no matter what reason someone gives. for not using one.
So with the mask, and social distancing. It works, just do it. If those who are against wearing masks are right, it will come out in the near future, however, if they are wrong, the death toll will continue to climb, and the unmaskers may be the death of loved ones, which could have been avoided.

Not sure if I will survive this, with my age and all, but in the meantime, we need to work together, this fighting over 'everything' is really getting absurd to the 10th power.--Br.MD

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the administration's briefings both Dr. Birx and Adm. Brett Giroir have correctly pinpointed the key things, and made the language simple enough:

wear a mask (when out in public or with non-household members closer than 6 feet away)
wash hands,
and avoid crowds.

Dr. Birx just 2 days ago:
avoid super spreading events (such as bars or big house parties)
and extra steps too if you have elderly people in your home

If people would avoid super spreading events and also wear masks well (especially indoors!), the virus would be controlled.

It's so basic, and yet some people have reacted to these simple measures as if their freedom to exist is being taken away.

• Agree
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's so basic, and yet some people have reacted to these simple measures as if their freedom to exist is being taken away.
Agreed. This should be a no brainer.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

And others still gather in large crowds while still pretending their freedom to exist is being taken away.
Riots6-e1590789299542.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 282236

I have no problem wearing a mask for your conscience sake and peace of mind.....whether or not I feel they are effective.

Can any Christian convince me that this is the wrong mindset to have?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem wearing a mask for your conscience sake and peace of mind.....whether or not I feel they are effective.

Can any Christian convince me that this is the wrong mindset to have?

if I understand what your saying no, the issue is that many arn't, and the virus is never going to be contained till people start doing the right thing.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what worries me about college students coming back on campus. Think of your typical dorm--small rooms usually shared by two people, communal bathrooms, communal dining. You could wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands, but if your roommate goes out partying every night without a mask the odds are very good that you will get the virus.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The virus is real and it's dangerous, I have no doubt about it.

When I see colleges around the nation cancelling their football games, it says that it's real. There's no way they'd throw away that revenue if it were just a hoax.

I doubt Major League Baseball will finish, and if they don't, I'd expect the NFL not even to bother trying.

Either way, both the NFL and the MLB are losing huge amounts of money because of the pandemic.

The bottom line is, don't let your guard down and don't listen to the skeptics

At the same time, keep a watchful eye out for both the media and the healthcare system itself, whom we've seen trying to fudge the numbers for economic and political purposes.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And others still gather in large crowds while still pretending their freedom to exist is being taken away.
View attachment 282243

I can’t really see a comparison between protesting ‘death by cop’ and having to wear a mask sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if I understand what your saying no, the issue is that many arn't, and the virus is never going to be contained till people start doing the right thing.
The issue is that, because many believe that masks are pointless, for religious or scientific reasons, they ignore the notion that we are our brothers keeper..and therefore, it is ok to do something simply because it would make someone else feel better.

We have become all about ourselves and what makes us happy and seems right in our own eyes, that the thought of doing something for someone else's well being, alone, is now a foreign idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The issue is that, because many believe that mask are pointless, for religious or scientific reasons, they ignore the notion that we are our brothers keeper..and therefore, it is ok to do something simply because it was make someone else feel better.

We have become all about ourselves and what makes us happy and seems right in our own eyes, that the thought of doing something for someone else's well being, alone, is now a foreign idea.

yeah, I'm all for freedom and don't hate on it, the issue is in the states freedom seems to have become absolute even if it means harming others mentally, physically or emotionally, and in many cases freedom seems to be more of a club then a shield.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
View attachment 282236

All of this virus news reminds me of these lyrics from a song by the band Styx. Here are the lyrics:

"The headlines read, "These are the worst of times"
I do believe it's true
I feel so helpless
like a boat against the tide
I wish the summer winds could bring back paradise"

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can’t really see a comparison between protesting ‘death by cop’ and having to wear a mask sometimes.

How about rioting while not practicing social distancing. Somehow I think that might not be the best way to keep the virus from spreading?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The virus won't be contained period. What we can do is slow its spread and keep it away from those that are at risk of serious consequences from getting the virus. We do that by masking, social distancing and isolating the most vulnerable from the rest of society. Even if we were to quarantine every soul on the planet for a year I would not be surprised if the virus would reappear as soon as the quarantine ended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 282236

How many died of the flu worldwide in 2019?

Deaths. Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

Estimated world-wide deaths due to Covid ... so far ....
Deaths

We should indeed be cautionary and do the 6 ft distancing and masks.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

First, they've forgotten what they're "protesting" about.
Second, if they're going to be getting together and be close together with many of them not wearing a mask, the virus isn't going to care what they're "protesting" about. Covid 19 is an equal opportunity infector, and won't discriminate--even if they do.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, they've forgotten what they're "protesting" about.
Second, if they're going to be getting together and be close together with many of them not wearing a mask, the virus isn't going to care what they're "protesting" about. Covid 19 is an equal opportunity infector, and won't discriminate--even if they do.
They are protesting because they were being killed because of the color of one of their organs before the virus started killing everyone no matter the color of that same organ. It is only expected that most would deem more important, the thing that is most likely to kill them....based on the color of their own organs.

But not God's people....we see passed flesh and can empathize with all sides...as though we, ourselves were saved by grace, and not by any works of our own, lest we should boast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are protesting because they were being killed because of the color of one of their organs before the virus started killing everyone no matter the color of that same organ. It is only expected that most would deem more important, the thing that is most likely to kill them....based on the color of their own organs.

But not God's people....we see past flesh and can empathize with all sides...as though we, ourselves were saved by grace, and not by any works of our own, lest we should boast.

Organs? The majority of protesters have white organs and they are female in nature. Who was killing those white millennial SJWs based upon the color of their organs?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Organs? The majority of protesters have white organs and they are female in nature. Who was killing those white millennial SJWs based upon the color of their organs?
Maybe those with White organs, cared about the plight of other even when they did not share the same plight or have any reason to care. Maybe there are some who would risk their lives to help save others. It is not that unheard of. There was one, long ago, who left heaven to go down to hell even though many would deem the saved, unworthy of that sacrifice.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Is it easy to help your own family....to give when people are watching.... but to help one you down even know...as great risk to yourself, with little reward? How can we say anything negative about someone who would do this?

Upvote 0