✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE TWO KINGDOMS

I have had many inquires pertaining to the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God; therefore I thought it best to put this into one of my blogs. I start with the kingdom of heaven, for it was the first one to be set in place. It started when Jehovah took His people, the Hebrews, called the Jews, and was to set up a government ruled by Jehovah Elohim. Jehovah is God as the Ruler of His own people.

Exo_3:18 And they shall hearken to Your voice: and You shall come, You and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and You shall say unto Him, The LORD God of the Hebrews has met with us: and now let us go, we beseech You, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.

Here it is read that indeed, Jehovah Elohim chose the Hebrews for His own people. The event above shows that Jehovah Elohim was to be Their God, not everyone's God. This is a very important thing to grasp, for it separates what is told to Them from what was to be said to the Gentiles at large after the death of Jesus Christ.

It would require a book to give all the events and how they occurred in relation to The Jews; and I will not enter into that here. From this time forward in the Bible scriptures the people being addressed are these Hebrews called Jews. The word Jews came from the name of Jacob's fourth son, Judah Yehudah, in the Hebrew. The number four in scriptures is used when referring to Jehovah Elohim’s creative works. This is a clue in itself as to what Genesis 1 and onward is about.

From the above discussion it can be understood that it is very important to keep what was written to, and about the Jews, to themselves and not mix it with today’s teachings by the Gentiles. Oil and water do not mix, no matter how hard one may try! Neither does that which was written to the Jews mix with that which was given to the Gentiles. This mixing only took place after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, not before it! That is why He sent the apostle Paul to the Gentiles, the other sheep.

John_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

This verse shouts out the plan which was a part of Jehovah Elohim’s works for mankind. AFTER the Jews killed John The Baptist, the plan changed from the offering to re-setup the kingdom of heaven to the setting up of the kingdom of God. This I have seen in this forum as a stumbling block to many; the two kingdoms, the kingdom of heaven, which was first, and the kingdom of God which is now in place.

What seems to make this subject harder to many is that in the so-called New Testament, the two appear to be the same if not carefully sorted out.

I will now give some examples starting with the first occurrence in the gospels of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mat 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

First, who is giving notice of the kingdom of heaven being presented? John The Baptist. To whom is He giving it to? The Jews of Judeah. What was John The Baptist preaching to the Jews? The kingdom of heaven, not the kingdom of God. He was telling them that if They would repent and accept this, that they would again have Their kingdom back. Notice that it is John doing the preaching at this time and not Jesus.

Mat 3:56 Then went out to Him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Notice that again it is the Jews which are being talked of here, not the Gentiles; for They were to be brought into the kingdom of God at a later time. This is where so much false teachings and confusion arise from. Man today takes the parts of the scripture which appeal to them and use them out of their context. No where does it say that the Gentiles are to be water baptized for the remission of Their sins. If that were true, then Jesus died for nothing! Can water erase sins? Or did it take the blood of Jesus Christ to accomplish that? Does water baptism make one acceptable to God? Or did it take the blood of Jesus Christ and the belief in His death and resurrection? It took the latter. Then why today are men saying: “Come up here and be baptized for the remission of your sins”? Again, who was water baptized? And for what reason? It was the Jews and that was for the acceptance of the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom They lost and was being offered again.

I have had several questions about these two kingdoms and many say they are the same thing! Was John The Baptist wrong when He addressed only the Jews? Was Paul wrong when he preached the kingdom of God? Was Jesus causing confusion by using both in His preaching? Absolutely not! Then what is wrong here? That which is wrong is man taking things out of context. There is a simple rule, that if followed, would avoid much confusion. The apostle Paul gives it to those read properly.

2 Tim_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.

Now if Paul was appointed the apostle to the Gentiles sheep by Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus, then why do men persist on going back to the gospels which were for the Jews? That is to make Paul’s apostleship of no value! This writer does not wish to be judged for that misuse of Jehovah’s word.

Taking a look now at the usage of these phrases, the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God and seeing what is being taught under each one in the order in which they appear in the gospels.

Mat 6:31-34 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? Or, What shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.

But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Notice in the above that the things which Jesus said would be given to those who accept the kingdom of Heaven will have: The worldly things. It talks of them having a tomorrow on Earth, in the earth.

Then: Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteous. It does not say, seek first, Jesus Christ and His salvation for man.

Mat 12:27-29 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil His goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Notice above that it omits Jesus Christ as the means of spiritual salvation; it is fleshly works required.

Mat 21:31-32 Whether of them two did the will of his father? They say unto Him, The first. Jesus saith unto Them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and You believed Him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed Him: and You, when You had seen it, repented not afterward, that You might believe Him.

A parable follows here. Parables were only spoken to the Jews, not the Gentiles.

The Parable of the Tenants

Mat 21:33-46 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen (Carer of the vineyard), that they might receive the fruits of it.

And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence My Son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

And they caught Him, and cast Him out of the vineyard, and slew Him.

When the lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will He do unto those husbandmen?

They say unto Him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

Jesus said unto Them, Did You never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And whosoever shall fall on This Stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took Him for a prophet.

The sentence above that states that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, the Jews, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof: The Gentiles who would later receive spiritual salvation by the preaching of the apostle Paul; who has the Holy Spirit acting on Him. This is why the change from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God. It is showing here in a subdued way, that the Gentiles were to be brought into the fold which Jesus Christ mentioned.

Mar 1:1-5 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, which shall prepare Your way before You. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of Him in the river of Jordan, confessing Their sins.

John was then the messenger of God to the Jews. He preached the remission of sins by water baptism. However, today the remissions of sins is not by water baptism, it is through the death of Jesus Christ and His shed blood, His earthly life, which He gave for that purpose. He had taken on fleshly form, being perfect in spiritual obedience, and becoming God’s Lamb for the sacrifice.

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Abraham and His son went together. What a picture this is of Jesus Christ and His God being together.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God

John_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_19:23
Then said Jesus unto His disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is a householder, which went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard.

Mat_22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For You shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for You neither go in yourselves, neither suffer You Them that are entering to go in.

Mat_25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

John the Baptist Prepares the Way

Mar 1:1- The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

As it is written in the prophets Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, which shall prepare thy way before You. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey; And preached, saying, There comes one mightier than I after Me, the latches of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

The Baptism of Jesus

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar 1:12 And immediately the Spirit sent Him into the wilderness. And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto Him.

NOTE: Notice the wild beast. See Gen 1, and the beast created.

Jesus Begins His Ministry

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent You, and believe the gospel.

Here in the above verses is the change from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God. Notice carefully the difference between the two gospels, the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God. These two gospels are entirely different in every way. The kingdom of heaven was only for the Jews, not the Gentiles. The things required for the kingdom of heaven are entirely different from those required for the kingdom of God. Secondly, the kingdom of heaven is an earthly doctrine, the kingdom of God is a heavenly doctrine. Again, you can not mix water and oil! That would be like pouring acid into water instead of water into acid.

When you see this change take place in the scripture, ask yourself, what are the differences. What does the one give, and to whom? What does the other kingdom give, and unto whom? This will go a long ways in keeping the doctrines in their proper place.

Also, who did the disciples follow and what did They teach? Who were they sent to and who were they told not to go to? Why?

Unfortunately the gospels are rather mixed up; as far as separating the two kingdoms. This is why so many have such a hard time seeing the difference between the two. When the disciples are with Jesus, it is the kingdom of heaven which They are teaching the Jews about. After Jesus death, it was Paul whom Jesus Christ sent to the Gentiles. This is why you read the following scriptures.

Mat 10:5-6 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

When He sent Them out, what did He say about which doctrine to preach? The kingdom of heaven is ready to be offered. They refused as a nation. That is what ushered in the kingdom of God for all who would accepted Jesus Christ. Paul was sent to preach to the Gentiles and that is what they were to gain if They followed the program.

I ask this: How then, if all these various doctrines are being taught together in the churches of today, or only the parts chosen are preached, can anyone become spiritual saved by it? They can not! The flesh finds it pleasing to have others around them that think the same way. However, if one thinks the way scriptures say to, then one is not so welcome. My thought is because it takes the easiness out of religion. Man can declare all they want that they are spiritually saved, but only God knows His makes His elect; not man.

Jesus Calls the First Disciples

Mar 1:16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And Jesus said unto them, Come You after Me, and I will make You to become fishers of men. And immediately they forsook their nets, and followed Him.

Notice that there was no hesitation on their part. Why? Jesus said: I have chosen You. That is, They were chosen before time, before The Son Of Man took on His flesh. The others that followed were the same. There is also an order to which Jesus chose Them!

It is later said that Jesus healed many. He did not heal all who were sickly. They also were chosen by Him. Just as today those serving Him are chosen by Him through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Preaches in Galilee

Mar 1:38-39 And He said unto Them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth. And He preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

Mar 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent you, and believe the gospel.

Now take close notice of what is happening after the book of Mathew is finished; the kingdom of God is being presented, not the kingdom of heaven! God’s program has changed with the refusal of the Jews for the setting up of the kingdom of heaven. Jesus and His disciples are now preaching the kingdom of God, not the kingdom of heaven. I have notice a lot of arguments on the site stating that the two kingdoms are the same thing. They are not! As can be read here. Why then was the change made from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God? Because the Jews, as a nation, refused to accept it. Now the preaching is of the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is an everlasting kingdom in heavenly places. The kingdom of heaven was a temporary kingdom on Earth. The kingdom of heaven did not require the death of Jesus Christ, the kingdom of God did. Jesus would have been The King of that kingdom had the Jews accepted Him as their King; of course They did not.

Mark 4:10-11 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: To them that are without, that is, to them which believe not in His words. Many today fall into this group.

Mar 4:11-12 And He said unto Them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing They may see, and not perceive; and hearing They may hear, and not understand; lest at any time They should be converted, and Their sins should be forgiven Them.

Here are those who did not believe in His words are cut off from the kingdom of God. They are also cut off from the kingdom of heaven, for it had ended with the death of John The Baptist.

Mar 4:13 -15 And He said unto Them, Know You not this parable? And how then will You know all parables?

The sower sows the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in Their hearts.

Isn’t this what is happening in many of the churches today?

Mar 4:16-17 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mar 18:17-20 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold, some sixty, and some a hundred.

A Lamp Under a Basket

Mar 4:21-23 And He said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Mar 4:24-25 And he said unto Them, Take heed what You hear: with what measure You mete (give out), it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that has, to him shall be given: and he that has not, from him shall be taken even that which he has.

The Parable of the Mustard Seed

Mar 4:30 -33 And he said, Where unto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: But when it is sown, it grows up, and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.

Mar_9:1 And He said unto Them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Mar_9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Mar_10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Truly I say unto You, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Mar_10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and said unto His disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Mar 12:32-34 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, You have said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but He: And to love Him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, He said unto him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that dared ask Him any question.

Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

NOTE: From the above verse it is clearly understood that the kingdom of God is spiritual and heavenly.

Mar_15:43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honorable counselor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

Luke_1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

NOTE: Here it is seen that the kingdom of God has no end as did the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven ended when the Jews refused Jesus as their new King.

Luke_4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luk_6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be you poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Luke_7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than He.

Luke_8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that He went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

Luke_8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luke_9:2 And He sent Them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Luke_9:11 And the people, when they knew it, followed Him: and He received Them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed Them that had need of healing.

Luke_9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Luke_9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go You and preach the kingdom of God.

Luke_9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come near unto you.

Luke_11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Luke_12:31 But rather seek you the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke_13:18-19 Then said He, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I resemble it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke_13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

NOTE: In verse 13:29 above is given the event which was to take place when the Gentiles were preached to by the apostle Paul; And His teaching which would brings the others into the kingdom of God; the spiritual kingdom.

Luke_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presses into it.

NOTE: Here is given the reason that most do not understand the difference between the two kingdoms: In my opinion. John was for the kingdom of heaven time. After John was killed that opportunity ceased for the kingdom of heaven, and the kingdom of God started to be preached by Jesus. This is why this verse that follows is written. Notice in the verse below it says to repent and believe the Gospel. It DOES NOT SAY, repent and be water baptized.

Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent you and believe the gospel.

Luke_17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

John_3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from here.

Act_20:25 And now, behold, I (Paul) now that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see My face no more.

Act_28:23 And when they had appointed Him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom He expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Act_28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Andy Centek

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE TWO KINGDOOMS
THE TWO KINGDOMS
I have had many inquires pertaining to the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God; therefore I thought it best to put this into one of my blogs. I start with the kingdom of heaven, for it was the first one to be set in place. It started when Jehovah took His people, the Hebrews, called the Jews, and was to set up a government ruled by Jehovah Elohim. Jehovah is God as the Ruler of His own people.

Exo_3:18 And they shall hearken to Your voice: and You shall come, You and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and You shall say unto Him, The LORD God of the Hebrews has met with us: and now let us go, we beseech You, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.

Here it is read that indeed, Jehovah Elohim chose the Hebrews for His own people. The event above shows that Jehovah Elohim was to be Their God, not everyone's God. This is a very important thing to grasp, for it separates what is told to Them from what was to be said to the Gentiles at large after the death of Jesus Christ.

It would require a book to give all the events and how they occurred in relation to The Jews; and I will not enter into that here. From this time forward in the Bible scriptures the people being addressed are these Hebrews called Jews. The word Jews came from the name of Jacob's fourth son, Judah Yehudah, in the Hebrew. The number four in scriptures is used when referring to Jehovah Elohim’s creative works. This is a clue in itself as to what Genesis 1 and onwards is about.

From the above discussion it can be understood that it is very important to keep what was written to, and about the Jews, to themselves and not mix it with today’s teachings by the Gentiles. Oil and water do not mix, no matter how hard one may try! Neither does that which was written to the Jews mix with that which was given to the Gentiles. This mixing only took place after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, not before it! That is why He sent the apostle Paul to the Gentiles, the other sheep.

John_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must b

This verse shouts out the plan which was a part of Jehovah Elohim’s works for mankind. AFTER the Jews killed John The Baptist, the plan changed from the offering to re-setup the kingdom of heaven to the setting up of the kingdom of God. This I have seen in this forum as a stumbling block to many; the two kingdoms, the kingdom of heaven, which was first, and the kingdom of God which is now in place.

What seems to make this subject harder to many is that in the so-called New Testament, the two appear to be the same if not carefully sorted out.

I will now give some examples starting with the first occurrence in the gospels of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mat 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

First, who is giving notice of the kingdom of heaven being presented? John The Baptist. To whom is He giving it to? The Jews of Judeah. What was John The Baptist preaching to the Jews? The kingdom of heaven, not the kingdom of God. He was telling them that if They would repent and accept this, that they would again have Their kingdom back. Notice that it is John doing the preaching at this time and not Jesus.

Mat 3:56 Then went out to Him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Notice that again it is the Jews which are being talked of here, not the Gentiles; for They were to be brought into the kingdom of God at a later time. This is where so much false teachings and confusion arise from. Man today takes the parts of the scripture which appeal to them and use them out of their context. No where does it say that the Gentiles are to be water baptized for the remission of Their sins. If that were true, then Jesus died for nothing! Can water erase sins? Or did it take the blood of Jesus Christ to accomplish that? Does water baptism make one acceptable to God? Or did it take the blood of Jesus Christ and the belief in His death and resurrection? It took the latter. Then why today are men saying: “Come up here and be baptized for the remission of your sins”? Again, who was water baptized? And for what reason? It was the Jews and that was for the acceptance of the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom They lost and was being offered again.

I have had several questions about these two kingdoms and many say they are the same thing! Was John The Baptist wrong when He addressed only the Jews? Was Paul wrong when he preached the kingdom of God? Was Jesus causing confusion by using both in His preaching? Absolutely not! Then what is wrong here? That which is wrong is man taking things out of context. There is a simple rule, that if followed, would avoid much confusion. The apostle Paul gives it to those read properly.

2 Tim_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Now if Paul was appointed the apostle to the Gentiles sheep by Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus, then why do men persist on going back to the gospels which were for the Jews? That is to make Paul’s apostleship of no value! This writer does not wish to be judged for that misuse of Jehovah’s word.

Taking a look now at the usage of these phrases, the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God and seeing what is being taught under each one in the order in which they appear in the gospels.

Mat 6:31-34 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? Or, What shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.

But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Notice in the above that the things which Jesus said would be given to those who accept the kingdom of Heaven will have: The worldly things. It talks of them having a tomorrow on Earth, in the earth.

Then: Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteous. It does not say, seek first, Jesus Christ and His salvation for man.

Mat 12:27-29 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil His goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Notice above that it omits Jesus Christ as the means of spiritual salvation; it is fleshly works required.

Mat 21:31-32 Whether of them two did the will of his father? They say unto Him, The first. Jesus saith unto Them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and You believed Him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed Him: and You, when You had seen it, repented not afterward, that You might believe Him.

A parable follows here. Parables were only spoken to the Jews, not the Gentiles.
The Parable of the Tenants

Mat 21:33-46 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen (Carer of the vineyard), that they might receive the fruits of it.

And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence My Son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

And they caught Him, and cast Him out of the vineyard, and slew Him.

When the lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will He do unto those husbandmen?

They say unto Him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

Jesus said unto Them, Did You never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And whosoever shall fall on This Stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took Him for a prophet.

The sentence above that states that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, the Jews, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof: The Gentiles who would later receive spiritual salvation by the preaching of the apostle Paul; who has the Holy Spirit acting on Him. This is why the change from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God. It is showing here in a subdued way, that the Gentiles were to be brought into the fold which Jesus Christ mentioned.

Mar 1:1-5
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, which shall prepare Your way before You. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of Him in the river of Jordan, confessing Their sins.

John was then the messenger of God to the Jews. He preached the remission of sins by water baptism. However, today the remissions of sins is not by water baptism, it is through the death of Jesus Christ and His shed blood, His earthly life, which He gave for that purpose. He had taken on fleshly form, being perfect in spiritual obedience, and becoming God’s Lamb for the sacrifice.

Gen 22:8
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Abraham and His son went together. What a picture this is of Jesus Christ and His God being together.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God

John_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Mat_19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_19:23 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is a householder, which went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard.

Mat_22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For You shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for You neither go in yourselves, neither suffer You Them that are entering to go in.

Mat_25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

John the Baptist Prepares the Way

Mar 1:1- The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

As it is written in the prophets Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, which shall prepare thy way before You. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey; And preached, saying, There comes one mightier than I after Me, the latches of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

The Baptism of Jesus

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar 1:12 And immediately the Spirit sent Him into the wilderness. And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto Him.

NOTE: Notice the wild beast. See Gen 1, and the beast created.

Jesus Begins His Ministry

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent You, and believe the gospel.

Here in the above verses is the change from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God. Notice carefully the difference between the two gospels, the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God. These two gospels are entirely different in every way. The kingdom of heaven was only for the Jews, not the Gentiles. The things required for the kingdom of heaven are entirely different from those required for the kingdom of God. Secondly, the kingdom of heaven is an earthly doctrine, the kingdom of God is a heavenly doctrine. Again, you can not mix water and oil! That would be like pouring acid into water instead of water into acid.

When you see this change take place in the scripture, ask yourself, what are the differences. What does the one give, and to whom? What does the other kingdom give, and unto whom? This will go a long ways in keeping the doctrines in their proper place.

Also, who did the disciples follow and what did They teach? Who were they sent to and who were they told not to go to? Why?

Unfortunately the gospels are rather mixed up; as far as separating the two kingdoms. This is why so many have such a hard time seeing the difference between the two. When the disciples are with Jesus, it is the kingdom of heaven which They are teaching the Jews about. After Jesus death, it was Paul whom Jesus Christ sent to the Gentiles. This is why you read the following scriptures.

Mat 10:5-6 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

When He sent Them out, what did He say about which doctrine to preach? The kingdom of heaven is ready to be offered. They refused as a nation. That is what ushered in the kingdom of God for all who would accepted Jesus Christ. Paul was sent to preach to the Gentiles and that is what they were to gain if They followed the program.

I ask this: How then, if all these various doctrines are being taught together in the churches of today, or only the parts chosen are preached, can anyone become spiritual saved by it? They can not! The flesh finds it pleasing to have others around them that think the same way. However, if one thinks the way scriptures say to, then one is not so welcome. My thought is because it takes the easiness out of religion. Man can declare all they want that they are spiritually saved, but only God knows His makes His elect; not man.

Jesus Calls the First Disciples

Mar 1:16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And Jesus said unto them, Come You after Me, and I will make You to become fishers of men. And immediately they forsook their nets, and followed Him.

Notice that there was no hesitation on their part. Why? Jesus said: I have chosen You. That is, They were chosen before time, before The Son Of Man took on His flesh. The others that followed were the same. There is also an order to which Jesus chose Them!

It is later said that Jesus healed many. He did not heal all who were sickly. They also were chosen by Him. Just as today those serving Him are chosen by Him through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Preaches in Galilee

Mar 1:38-39 And He said unto Them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth. And He preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

Mar 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent you, and believe the gospel.

Now take close notice of what is happening after the book of Mathew is finished; the kingdom of God is being presented, not the kingdom of heaven! God’s program has changed with the refusal of the Jews for the setting up of the kingdom of heaven. Jesus and His disciples are now preaching the kingdom of God, not the kingdom of heaven. I have notice a lot of arguments on the site stating that the two kingdoms are the same thing. They are not! As can be read here. Why then was the change made from the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God? Because the Jews, as a nation, refused to accept it. Now the preaching is of the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is an everlasting kingdom in heavenly places. The kingdom of heaven was a temporary kingdom on Earth. The kingdom of heaven did not require the death of Jesus Christ, the kingdom of God did. Jesus would have been The King of that kingdom had the Jews accepted Him as their King; of course They did not.

Mark 4:10-11 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: To them that are without, that is, to them which believe not in His words. Many today fall into this group.

Mar 4:11-12 And He said unto Them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing They may see, and not perceive; and hearing They may hear, and not understand; lest at any time They should be converted, and Their sins should be forgiven Them.

Here are those who did not believe in His words are cut off from the kingdom of God. They are also cut off from the kingdom of heaven, for it had ended with the death of John The Baptist.

Mar 4:13 -15 And He said unto Them, Know You not this parable? And how then will You know all parables?

The sower sows the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in Their hearts.

Isn’t this what is happening in many of the churches today?

Mar 4:16-17 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mar 18:17-20 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold, some sixty, and some a hundred.

A Lamp Under a Basket

Mar 4:21-23 And He said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Mar 4:24-25 And he said unto Them, Take heed what You hear: with what measure You mete (give out), it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that has, to him shall be given: and he that has not, from him shall be taken even that which he has.

The Parable of the Mustard Seed

Mar 4:30 -33 And he said, Where unto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: But when it is sown, it grows up, and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.

Mar_9:1 And He said unto Them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Mar_9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Mar_10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Truly I say unto You, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Mar_10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and said unto His disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Mar 12:32-34 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, You have said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but He: And to love Him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, He said unto him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that dared ask Him any question.

Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

NOTE: From the above verse it is clearly understood that the kingdom of God is spiritual and heavenly.

Mar_15:43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honorable counselor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

Luke_1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

NOTE: Here it is seen that the kingdom of God has no end as did the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven ended when the Jews refused Jesus as their new King.

Luke_4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luk_6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be you poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Luke_7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than He.

Luke_8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that He went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

Luke_8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luke_9:2 And He sent Them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Luke_9:11 And the people, when they knew it, followed Him: and He received Them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed Them that had need of healing.

Luke_9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Luke_9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go You and preach the kingdom of God.

Luke_9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come near unto you.

Luke_11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Luke_12:31 But rather seek you the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke_13:18-19 Then said He, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I resemble it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke_13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

NOTE: In verse 13:29 above is given the event which was to take place when the Gentiles were preached to by the apostle Paul; And His teaching which would brings the others into the kingdom of God; the spiritual kingdom.

Luke_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presses into it.

NOTE: Here is given the reason that most do not understand the difference between the two kingdoms: In my opinion. John was for the kingdom of heaven time. After John was killed that opportunity ceased for the kingdom of heaven, and the kingdom of God started to be preached by Jesus. This is why this verse that follows is written. Notice in the verse below it says to repent and believe the Gospel. It DOES NOT SAY, repent and be water baptized.

Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent you and believe the gospel.

Luke_17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

John_3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from here.

Act_20:25 And now, behold, I (Paul) now that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see My face no more.

Act_28:23 And when they had appointed Him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom He expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Act_28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

END

Upvote 0